What food / drinks able to increase BM?

ast0212

Oats, linseed/flax, brewers yeast (should be found in health food stores). You can put them together to make cookies or muffins. I did muffins as I was always hungry.

Lots of kisses and cuddles with baby. It has a hormonal effect that helps produce more milk :)

Zoey Kasey

I tried quite alot of supplements like Traditional Medicines Organic Mothers Milk, but i found that the motherlove More Milk Plus Special Blend worked best for me.
It can be quite pricey in Singapore so i bought mine from iherb.

You may also want to check out this page as a combination of pumping and supplements works best - dont rely on supplements alone.

Increasing Milk Supply

- Zoey Kasey
Get $10 off your first purchase at iherb.com . Use iherb discount code OFU937 at checkout!

ysquare26

I take oats with chia seeds too. Sometimes as hot beverage for breakfast. Sometimes, I put all these into a glass jar: oatmeal, chia seed, 1 type of fruit (eg. banana, apple chuck), a little milk, lots of yogurt! Leave them in the fridge overnight and get awesome teabreak treat the next day. All these are boosters and yogurt is a good source of probiotics for your i guess.

I get my chia seeds, oats, etc from iherb. Check this link : Nutiva, Organic Chia Seed, Black, 12 oz (340 g) - iHerb.com
McCann's Irish Oatmeal, Instant Oatmeal, Variety Pack, 3 Flavors, 10 Packets - iHerb.com
If anyone getting can use my discount code: SHS338 to get $10 off first purchase.

Can get oatmeal, mother's milk tea, fenugreek from iherb too. But i suggest can stick to healthy food options like oats, salmon, papaya soup rather than fenugreek or other pills for a start.

EliseToh

Hello dear mummies, my pregnant friends take multivits, fish oil and calcium to replenish their body and increase their milk supply. Recently, I got to know that President Obama is also taking the same brand for general health. If you would like to find out more, please feel free to PM me. Take care and see ya! :)

Jjt

papaya soup and lots of warm water is good! looking at your baby when latching, or baby's pictures when pumping helps too!

timtams

Less stress, enough fluids and enough demand are the only three determining factors.. I have tried Fenugreek, Breast Milk Tea, nothing really works. The medically certified thing to work is Domperidone, check with your gynae or GP. Most importantly, don't stop the pumping even if baby have had enough. Increasing the demand, or simulating the demand makes the body work harder, so increasing breastmilk.

beautysg

Green papaya soup with fish bone works really well. I bfg till 21 months for both kids. Can drink once or twice weekly, I find that cod fish bone is the most "oily" so the milk seems to contain more fat. Fry the fish bone / head if you cannot find any then put green papaya in with water and boil for 30-45mins or use slow cooker if working so no need to watch over fire.