What food must avoid if breastfeed?

Janellebb

Hi' im currently 38 weeks.i heard that when breastfeed then got a lot food must avoid?
And must eat what more to increase milk supply? Cause im allergic to milk.. :(

Mummies please share and advice me more!

andieluv2

Think nothing much to avoid except certain type.of medication. But i avoid spicy food.as whn i had wasabi, baby reject my milk. Lol... For increase milk, green papaya soup, fish soup, and drink PLENTY of water. I drink at least 3L everyday. Of course dribk as.much as u can to ur comfort level. But at least 2L i heard. And keep latchibg helps alot to empty breast. And most impt, peseverance. My baby is on partial bf sonce birth. Most FM initially and i pumo bery.little. at 1 month i pump only 50mls 4hrly. But i still persevere on and decided to feed her bm as.much as.i can. Now at 10wks. We are on total bf liao!! its such an accomplishment! so jia you!

Janellebb

About alochol? I heard that when confinement period cannot drink alcohol cause bf then baby will drunk?! Lol haha

Alisa

garlic, onion, white colour veg, chocolate, coffee, tea. not to avoid totally but take in small quantity cuz most of these food will cause more gas in babies' tummy.

Do I avoid ginger/DOM/sesame oil during confinement period if I want to bf? A friend said ginger esp will cause jaundice or worsen it. Also DOM will make baby drowsy? What if I dont drink DOM but cook in food? Will that be ok? Thanks.

lyra

Alcohol cooked in food is ok coz the alcoholic content will be gone. I don't take the alcohol uncooked. For ginger, avoid if baby already has jaundice. If baby is fine, no jaundice, you can take ginger. Sesame oil... nobody said cannot leh so I just take if there is sesame oil.

Do I avoid ginger/DOM/sesame oil during confinement period if I want to bf? A friend said ginger esp will cause jaundice or worsen it. Also DOM will make baby drowsy? What if I dont drink DOM but cook in food? Will that be ok? Thanks.

Jode

Avoid ginger if baby has jaundice.
Alcohol that is cooked is ok.
Was told by PD to avoid raw fish as long as you are bf-ing. All others in moderation.