What Ingreadiant Can I Add In The Porriage ?

jasline26

My DS Is Now 5 Month + going to 6 month this september 4 ,
would like to ask isit better to start to give porriage now or later?
if can start now what ingreadaint should i add?
isit better to use slow wok cooking ?
or normal pot will do?
i need all of yr advise thanks =)

annie

if u can, wait till 6mths. can start with anything. cereal, puree, porridge.. u can try visit this website Make Homemade Baby Food Recipes, Homemade Baby Food Recipes, Solid Food Baby Tips, Baby Nutrition & more!

for things to add into the porridge, u can look at the veg purees in that site.. just add in n mix. but then remember to only introduce 1 new food at a time n dun introduce another new food until 4 days later (4 days wait rule) in case he allergy to some of them... there are some food that is save for a 6mths bb to consume. u can check out the website. very informative..

Phoebii Cheng

U can start to give ur bb porridge when he is 6mths, but oso depends on whether ur bb want to take or not......

U wan put a lot of variety in the porridge, but u must mash all ingredients put in like, potatoes, sweet potatoes, brocolli, spinach, cauliflowers, carrots

Meat like chicken or fish can be mashed together at 6mths, but not meat like beef yet....but i m not sure, some say not good to give fish around 6mths, but my boy took fish meat when he was 6mths.....

Have u tried giving him rice cereals yet?

jasline26

if you can, wait till 6mths. can start with anything. cereal, puree, porridge.. you can try visit this website Make Homemade Baby Food Recipes, Homemade Baby Food Recipes, Solid Food Baby Tips, Baby Nutrition & more!

for things to add into the porridge, you can look at the veg purees in that site.. just add in and mix. but then remember to only introduce 1 new food at a time and dont introduce another new food until 4 days later (4 days wait rule) in case he allergy to some of them... there are some food that is save for a 6mths baby to consume. you can check out the website. very informative..

Thanks Alots =DD

jasline26

you can start to give your baby porridge when he is 6mths, but also depends on whether your baby want to take or not......

you want put a lot of variety in the porridge, but you must mash all ingredients put in like, potatoes, sweet potatoes, brocolli, spinach, cauliflowers, carrots

Meat like chicken or fish can be mashed together at 6mths, but not meat like beef yet....but i m not sure, some say not good to give fish around 6mths, but my boy took fish meat when he was 6mths.....

Have you tried giving him rice cereals yet?

Yes have started =)) may i know u cook baby porriage using pot or slow wok cooker? =D

annie

oh yah forgot to mention. is simply cooking porridge, rice cooker which has the function, pot or slow cooker is ok but for slow cooker, dun put veg inside to cook cos nutrients will be loss through slow cooking... i usually use saucepan or rice cooker...

jasline26

oh yah forgot to mention. is simply cooking porridge, rice cooker which has the function, pot or slow cooker is ok but for slow cooker, dont put veg inside to cook cos nutrients will be loss through slow cooking... i usually use saucepan or rice cooker...
ohh i understand le! really thanks alots =D :Dancing_wub:

snowbear

I would recommend that you start with iron-enriched cereals first rather than porridge but that's just my opinion. You can introduce porridge at about 8 months when baby can start to take meat (which is a very impt source of iron).

For starters to semisolids, you can add carrots, pumpkin, sweet potato, peas to the porridge/cereal. I use slow cooker to cook my darling's porridge. You may want to visit my blog for more details. :)

jasline26

I would recommend that you start with iron-enriched cereals first rather than porridge but that's just my opinion. You can introduce porridge at about 8 months when baby can start to take meat (which is a very impt source of iron).

For starters to semisolids, you can add carrots, pumpkin, sweet potato, peas to the porridge/cereal. I use slow cooker to cook my darling's porridge. You may want to visit my blog for more details. :)
Thats great infomation! thanks alot =D

annie

Arrgg.. im sooooooooooo pissed! my stupid gir.. these few days watever i put into her mouth with spoon she will push them out with her tongue (though she open her mouth!) then use her hands to 'catch' them n then put them back into her mouth again with her hands! end up the whole feeding is soooooooooo messy! i think maybe she prefers to self feed.. but then.. in this case, i cant feed her porridge anymore liao lor. i realise if i pass her food with my hands or give it to her, she will eat. but then from spoon, she will push out with her tongue.. fainting.. any good finger food recipe which is also healthy to share? right now i can only think of some meat n veg balls, bread...

Angelmum

may i know you cook baby porriage using pot or slow wok cooker? =D
I find slow cooker or bb porridge takes a LONG time to cook till puree style so I hv found a better, time saving and gas/electricity saving method.

I would cook porridge as usual. When it is cooked - the state where fit for adult consumption, I would put enough porridge, sufficient soup/gavy and store in a normal screw head hot water flask .. cost less than $10. The more soup u add in, the softer yr porridge wld be. Less soup = thicker porridge.

30mins later, the best bb porridge is done!
To keep veg in its green appearance, chop them and add in when time to eat
I like this method when I'm going shopping or busy. The porridge is piping hot with STEAM!! u still see steam after 5hrs! Dont like warmers, X and bulky.

Another method is, put cooked porridge into a blender. 3mins done! Dont even have to wait 30mins. Everything 1 colour only :001_302:

Angelmum

Arrgg.. im sooooooooooo pissed! my stupid gir.. these few days watever i put into her mouth with spoon she will push them out with her tongue (though she open her mouth!) then use her hands to 'catch' them and then put them back into her mouth again with her hands! end up the whole feeding is soooooooooo messy! i think maybe she prefers to self feed.. but then.. in this case, i cant feed her porridge anymore . i realise if i pass her food with my hands or give it to her, she will eat. but then from spoon, she will push out with her tongue.. fainting.. any good finger food recipe which is also healthy to share? right now i can only think of some meat and veg balls, bread...
My DD in this stage. Explore and must know what she's eating.
Previously, she wld just pop in her fav grapes, now she poke, press, make a mess b4 putting into mouth.

At one stage, I indulged her by letting her pick up veg, meat on the common plates but got so messy .... she enjoyed obviously!

Now I got another problem. If she doesnt feel like exploring, she behaves like hamster ... kept her food in mouth.

y cant eat porridge?
Let her learn to eat porridge that r thicker. Easier to feed than those puree or watery style porridge. Also can make it stick to the spoon.

annie

im feeding her porridge which is similar to adult's rice .. cant feed cos she will take them out of her mouth and mash them up with her hands and fingers then put back again. make the whole process so super slow and messy and end up not much goes back in cos mostly on her hands! so i thought maybe finger food is better...

she has been eating sticky n pasty porridge since 6-7mths anyway.. its very easy to feed when she was younger cos she just open mouth n eat. not she pratically plays with them!

snowbear

Arrgg.. im sooooooooooo pissed! my stupid gir.. these few days watever i put into her mouth with spoon she will push them out with her tongue (though she open her mouth!) then use her hands to 'catch' them and then put them back into her mouth again with her hands! end up the whole feeding is soooooooooo messy! i think maybe she prefers to self feed.. but then.. in this case, i cant feed her porridge anymore . i realise if i pass her food with my hands or give it to her, she will eat. but then from spoon, she will push out with her tongue.. fainting.. any good finger food recipe which is also healthy to share? right now i can only think of some meat and veg balls, bread...
Hey gal, alicia used to do that and still does this sometimes during meal times. Sometimes she takes out the food with her hand and smears it everywhere. That's when I smack her hand....:tlaugh:

Anyway, if you wanna let her try finger food now, you can look at potato/sweet potato cubes/slices/wedges, pancake (you make then cut into small pieces), macaroni shells, bread/bun/bao, french toast (cut into small pieces), small pieces of veggies, meat balls (you can look at my blog under feeding at 9-12 months). I think I have some info about some finger foods there coz alicia also went thru the finger food phase. :)

annie

thanks snowbear!

jumpy finished her dinner peacefully just now.. phew~ never finish la. but at least the session is not messy... she haven finish her food for ages! always eat half a bowl.. sometimes a few mouthful.. already piss enough. sometimes play with her food like yesterday night n today.. very xian to feed her..

snowbear, frenchtoast need to use egg white also right? if only use egg yolk cannot right? jumpy is fine with bread. let her tried liao hehe. since she is ok with wheat, i can let her try macaroni soon! hehe.

yahive been giving her finger food for snack since she is about 8mths old.. i made sweet potato fries for her n baked sweet potatoes..biskuits, cubes of chicken/veg/fruits, gave her bread these few days also... pancake.. u got recipe for pancake?

snowbear

thanks snowbear!

jumpy finished her dinner peacefully just now.. phew~ never finish . but at least the session is not messy... she have not finish her food for ages! always eat half a bowl.. sometimes a few mouthful.. already piss enough. sometimes play with her food like yesterday night and today.. very xian to feed her..

snowbear, frenchtoast need to use egg white also right? if only use egg yolk cannot right? jumpy is fine with bread. let her tried hehe. since she is ok with wheat, i can let her try macaroni soon! hehe.

yahive been giving her finger food for snack since she is about 8mths old.. i made sweet potato fries for her and baked sweet potatoes..biskuits, cubes of chicken/veg/fruits, gave her bread these few days also... pancake.. you got recipe for pancake?
When she was below 1, i only used egg yolk for french toast.. hehe... i know it's a bit weird but it turned out fine.

ya, i got recipe for pancake. Will pm u the recipe later...

annie

thanks! the recipe i found online for pancake requires whole egg as well... can simply use yolk?

ask u ah.. when baking, if recipe indicates sugar n salt, do u add them or omit?

snowbear

thanks! the recipe i found online for pancake requires whole egg as well... can simply use yolk?

ask you .. when baking, if recipe indicates sugar and salt, do you add them or omit?
when she was below 1 i omitted them. :)

annie

lol i omit them too.. thinking to give after she turn 1.. looks like jumpy can enjoy more tatsy food after 1 lol