What is the menu like for your 12-18mth baby?

diymummy

Hi all,

My baby is now 13mths. For newborn to 1 year, figuring out his menu was still managable because milk is still supposed to be his "main intake". Now he is over a year, I'm quite at a loss of what I'm supposed to feed him. He also doesn't know how to chew...

Can you share what is your menu for your baby between 12-18mths? And how much milk your baby is drinking how many times a day.

Thanks all!

camom

Mine takes 2 main meals of solids per day for lunch & dinner. His day goes like this now:

5-6am: latch on
7.30 am: breakfast - 1 slice of bread/cheese/breakfast cereals (choose 1)
9+am: Shares grandma's brekkie. Depends on what my mom is having for breakfast, usually milo & bread/cake/cream crackers.
11am: Milk + nap
1pm: Eats lunch
3+pm: Milk + nap
6pm: Eats dinner
8.30pm: Latches on, prepare for sleep

He drinks approx 150-200ml ebm or fresh milk each feed.

camom

These recipes that I've shared in another thread:

One dish meals are like porridge or spaghetti/pasta. I dont't serve my toddler porridge for every meal. If it's rice, then he'll get a selection like protein, veg & carbo (rice). We go western for at least 3 meals per week.

1) Steamed egg with chopped spinach, finely grated carrot & fresh whitebait
2) Steamed egg with finely minced meat
3) ABC pasta with minced meat & veg in homemade soup stock
4) Baked salmon or cod with Mashed potato/butternut squash with milk + butter on side & steamed broccoli/carrot or raw veg sticks like celery/carrot
5) frog leg porridge
6) Steamed tofu with mixed veg
7) chopped spaghetti/abc pasta with homemade pasta sauce
8) mee sua soup

For porridge (white or brown rice), i usually serve with:
1) fish like fresh whitebait, salmon, threadfin or cod
2) minced pork or homemade meatballs with chopped liver
3) veg like spinach/broccoli/carrot/sweetcorn/cauliflower/pumpkin/chinese yam (shan yao)

I presumed you wld have intro the ingredients individually to toddler and there were no allergic reactions.

I have not seasoned my toddler's food as yet.

I am going to try baking meatballs for him next!
If he is hungry in between meals though not often, he is given raisins or bb biscuits.

shulyn

For me,

10am - His 1st bottle of milk
12pm - Lunch, will be noodle soup or porridge with at least fish or meat and
veggie.
3pm - Milk
6pm - White Rice or Brown rice porridge with at least fish, meat and veggie
9pm - Last bottle of milk before bedtime

I tried giving him 3 meals if possible cos lately Treston is sleeping late and waking up late around 9.30-10am...and he drink his 1st bottle of milk very long cos i need to spoon feed him. By the time he finish his 1st bottle of milk will be close to 11am.

Phoebii Cheng

For me, my son is in infant care, so he will hv lunch & snacks at the centre...for dinner we try out variety, cos' I dun normally cook during weekdays, so I go for mee hoon kway (bee hoon), fish soup, pasta, only recently we intro hor fun to him....once in a while we go restaurant and eat

On weekends, I normally will steam fish, egg, stir fry veges (cos he loves green leafy veges), stews, chicken or pork dish, sometimes soup

You may try this website for some idea, this mummy brenda she has lists of menu for 12-18mths that she will cook for her daughter and I tried some of the recipes and my son liked it esp the stew & soup

Weaning Baby and Toddler Food Recipes:tlaugh:

shulyn

For me, my son is in infant care, so he will have lunch & snacks at the centre...for dinner we try out variety, cos' I dont normally cook during weekdays, so I go for mee hoon kway (bee hoon), fish soup, pasta, only recently we intro fun to him....once in a while we go restaurant and eat

On weekends, I normally will steam fish, egg, stir fry veges (cos he loves green leafy veges), stews, chicken or pork dish, sometimes soup

You may try this website for some idea, this mummy brenda she has lists of menu for 12-18mths that she will cook for her daughter and I tried some of the recipes and my son liked it esp the stew & soup

Weaning Baby and Toddler Food Recipes:tlaugh:
Hey Phoebii,

I read frm yr previous post and i actually bookmark this website...Very good info and thanks for sharing with us! Mummy brenda really put in alot of effort on this!

Sometimes i will feel that not having so much time to explore nice food for my boy