What kind of insurance do you buy for your child?

joyful mom

Hi moms,

We have purchased hospitalization and critical illness/life insurance for our son. What other insurance do you buy for your child? Which type of insurance is a MUST buy?

We just received our PR and still not familiar with many things, can I purchase insurance for my child under my CPF and what kind of insurance will it be?

Lots of thanks for your feedback.

yllainehudges

Hi there, my cousin used to get baby insurance but in the end she realized that it was just a waste of money. Though it could be beneficial I guess it's too early to get them an insurance, although I appreciate you being so concern about your child. Probably not a wiser decision to make. This link might be helpful Is Baby Insurance a Good Buy?

Angelmum

Hi moms,

We have purchased hospitalization and critical illness/life insurance for our son. What other insurance do you buy for your child? Which type of insurance is a MUST buy?

We just received our PR and still not familiar with many things, can I purchase insurance for my child under my CPF and what kind of insurance will it be?

Lots of thanks for your feedback.

Since you only suspect your boy to be autistic, I dunno what to comment cos I didn't buy for my girl. As a normal child, the basic would be life policy, endowment or education plan ... doubt u can purchase policy in your child's name unless medishield. www.autism.org.sg/aboutus/reports/MSH_FAQ.pdf

Last edited:

joyful mom

Thank you for all your replies.

I asked about the insurance since my concern is that my son may not get insured if he is formally diagnosed with ASD. Because of this reason, we just bought the critical illness insurance for our son few weeks ago. I suppose endowment or education plan can wait since it has nothing to do with health and pre existing conditions.

Thanks Angelmom for the link.

To me health insurance is more impt with high medical cost. Of cos if we claim is gd. If any mummies have not try getting insurance for their kids or been declared. Can consider Aviva's Hosp & Surgical plan which has Moratorium Underwriting, meaning no full medical underwriting required. When there is a claim, aviva will then check is it pre-exiting condition. If not, they'll cover. Not bad. Too bad, i itch hand go & try an endowment plan using my girl's name & was rejected. Hence i cannot get tis plan for her. *sob sob*

chrisgal

Hi all mummies and daddies,

first of all i have to said that by sharing these, I'M NOT EARNING ANY MONEY NOR HAVING ANY REFERRAL BENEFITS

******i've just sign up some insurance plans with my insurance agents and got a "Sony 16.1 Megapixel W Series 6X Optical
Zoom Cyber-Shot camera" FREE. there are some other free gifts such as led TV and air fryer when you sign up some of the premium plans. *****

She is from prudential. Anyone out there actually JUST NOW thinking of signing up any insurance plans may want to contact her, my purpose in replying to this thread is to let you all know that there are free gift given from 1st oct to 30 nov when you sign up", just send me a msg, i will pass you her number.

Just my thoughts, she has been my insurance advisors for quite a few years, she very approachable and patient plus friendly and helpful in helping and and explaining things to me. :)

thanks and regards,
Chrstina

belindang

Hi Joyful mum

For your son condition, I have a friend who is a Master Hypnotherapist, who has specialty in helping kids with ADHD, autism.

He has received various certifications and is highly recommended by many. Has many life testimonies for helping varous age group for Autism, ADHD, nxiety disorder, depression, and even help people break smoking habits and computer addictions

U can contact Mr Ho. at 97865640 (juz say u r a friend of Belinda, I dun get commission, I know he is good)