What makes u decide to be a SAHM and any regrets?

babysg

I want to have more time for my boy and hubby..hence decided to be SAHM. To date..no regrets as i am quite a relaxed SAHM...hehe my MIL also helps to look after my boy.. hence not so tiring...:Dancing_wub:

Leanne

I'm curious too. What makes a woman to become SAHM? Esp those FTWM to SAHM?

Cus i wanna work after my confinement..

jeSsie_Dz

the acheivement and closeness of my kiddos .. so when im preg wit number 2.. makes me even have to be a SAHM.. cox if i go work also not worth it liao.. pay all goes to infant care /nanny for TWO.. so i rather look after by myself since i dun reali trust someone i dunno.. but wil start work once my no.2 reach 18mths.. :)

babysg

I worked for about 2 years before my boy is born. My first job after I graduate. After giving birth...i resign and stay at home. Do not want to miss out my boy's major milestones...hehe

Yukee

I become SAHM when my #1 is 4mths (now 26mths), cos i believe i am the best person who can take the job of looking after her...later my #2 (now 8mths) came by...i plan to wait till both of them are big enough to stay with the maid, then i go back to work...hmm...mayb another 2-3yr...

huiling

the acheivement and closeness of my kiddos .. so when im preg wit number 2.. makes me even have to be a SAHM.. cox if i go work also not worth it liao.. pay all goes to infant care /nanny for TWO.. so i rather look after by myself since i dun reali trust someone i dunno.. but wil start work once my no.2 reach 18mths.. :)
agree to wat DZ say,giving my pay to e nanny/childcare.me stop work since i get married,then e 2nd yr have my 1st bb(going 3yr old).nw my 2nd bb going 8mths liao.:Dancing_wub:

`julee

PROUD TO BE SAHM BECAUSE I WATCH HER GROW.
and now that she start talking no one understand her gibberish except me!!
its reli fulfilling becoming a sahm. :D

jedamum

no suitable care-giver for another kid, so i have to choose between continuing my 7-yr career but with a 1 kid family, or be a SAHM with a 2 kids family.
i chose the latter.

mae

It makes me feel complete because I get to see FIRST the FIRST things she does.

Ting

i agree with mae n julee.. it's really fulfilling to be a SAHM..though is tiring la..but it's so great to watch her grow n do silly things.. then get all excited calling everyone up to tell them wad she did~ hehe.. but i wud like to go out n work too..so tt i can earn more money to buy her more things...sumtyms go shopping see so many things oso cant buy...sadz...

jeSsie_Dz

imagine i work get paid only 1.2k per mth ..then minus off 1st kid-childcare $400 then 2nd kid-nanny/infant care $600.. duhz.. i only left $200 for my own expenses lor.. daily transport to work n lunching out.. i spend more than tat liao.. plus all the stress frm work,cant watch kiddos thru their milestones.. unless i have a $2k above job.. then at least worth workin for the expenses and helpin in household lor..

jedamum

imagine i work get paid only 1.2k per mth ..then minus off 1st kid-childcare $400 then 2nd kid-nanny/infant care $600.. duhz.. i only left $200 for my own expenses lor.. daily transport to work n lunching out.. i spend more than tat liao.. plus all the stress frm work,cant watch kiddos thru their milestones.. unless i have a $2k above job.. then at least worth workin for the expenses and helpin in household lor..
imagine i work to get paid in excess of $3k......then i give it all up to stay at home.....next time my boys better don't dump me at the old folks home cos i didn't dump them at childcare centre. :p

stonston

i tried being SAHM, end up cancelled my leave after 2 days n went back to work :p plus e fact tt i had maid at tt time some more....oopppss....

v fulfilling to see his first times, but i dun have e patience to look after him, esp since i would prefer some 'alone' time to do my own things like surf web, read books....

i prefer working, mayb cos for me i can come home @ 3pm daily, onli gone to work for half e day? n work can b quite relaxing :p

XiaoXue

I was a SAHM since skye was born till he's 14 mths. During this time I still went to private sch to study during the daytime.. It really wonderful to see his 1st step & 1st try in everythings.. But after i gradz.. of cos I gonna find a job to support the family too.. Finally now almost 4 years of hardwork.. my salary is above $2k+.. DH & mine salary combined is of reasonable amount and we have only a kid.. thus not so stress.. but in SG.. money is always not enuff.. being a parents is nv easy.. =D

N

Whether full time working mother, or stay at home mother. Neither is better than another. Important thing is enjoying your duties, and give your best to the choice you made.

Ting

imagine i work to get paid in excess of $3k......then i give it all up to stay at home.....next time my boys better don't dump me at the old folks home cos i didn't dump them at childcare centre. :p

LOL..awww...noble mummy..must always remind ya boys when they get big~

Ting

I was a SAHM since skye was born till he's 14 mths. During this time I still went to private sch to study during the daytime.. It really wonderful to see his 1st step & 1st try in everythings.. But after i gradz.. of cos I gonna find a job to support the family too.. Finally now almost 4 years of hardwork.. my salary is above $2k+.. DH & mine salary combined is of reasonable amount and we have only a kid.. thus not so stress.. but in SG.. money is always not enuff.. being a parents is nv easy.. =D

i totally agree...i really wanna go out work! *sobs*

Ting

Whether full time working mother, or stay at home mother. Neither is better than another. Important thing is enjoying your duties, and give your best to the choice you made.

yes sir!~:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

cicilia

I am a SAHM with first born 5+ months bb girl.
From the beginning I always wanted to work not because I prefer work, but the fact that I always have been independent, I help my family a lot and happy about it and can do whatever I please with my own money.
Now that I am with bb, I feel useless, and my life is not productive.
Not a day go by without me checking out the job search for any good position out there.
Once I went to Interview last month and had mixed feelings about leaving bb with someone else care.
I will miss her a lot and all her milestones.
Now even the interview wasn't a success, I feel I am not missing out that much, because I can spend more time with my bb.
being both SAHM or FTWM is hard, sacrifices either way. Sometimes I have to remind myself to stop worrying and live the moment, take advantage of the time that I have with the bb and make it productive.
It is very hard, when money is the constant reminder.
I just hope all the sacrifices doesn't go in vain, just like we all wish upon our kids.