What makes u decide to be a SAHM and any regrets?

`julee

I am a SAHM with first born 5+ months bb girl.
From the beginning I always wanted to work not because I prefer work, but the fact that I always have been independent, I help my family a lot and happy about it and can do whatever I please with my own money.
Now that I am with bb, I feel useless, and my life is not productive.
Not a day go by without me checking out the job search for any good position out there.
Once I went to Interview last month and had mixed feelings about leaving bb with someone else care.
I will miss her a lot and all her milestones.
Now even the interview wasn't a success, I feel I am not missing out that much, because I can spend more time with my bb.
being both SAHM or FTWM is hard, sacrifices either way. Sometimes I have to remind myself to stop worrying and live the moment, take advantage of the time that I have with the bb and make it productive.
It is very hard, when money is the constant reminder.
I just hope all the sacrifices doesn't go in vain, just like we all wish upon our kids.
awww.. *hugs*

the sense of achievement dat u cnt get fm career!!!:Dancing_wub:

no doubt dat financial wise will be more tight lo..but u get to watch ur lil precious grows under ur full devotions, y not?! Its the most priceless experience!

being a sahm for past 18mths, now my ds has been enrolled to chd care ctr, im able to becums a ftwh again! to share my dh's burden...
ps: most impt to hv my own $$$!:001_302:

ragdoll

Im definately gg to be a SAHM. Have been a SAHW for the past 4 years anyway.
Hubby prefers me not to work. No much complains from me either!

Leanne

I wanna work. I yearn to work in fact. But still, i feel sad to leave my DS with my mum. Mixed feelings now.

mummy

i was on a contract job when i was preg. with ds. :) and just nice my contact was up when i was 5mths preg. thereafter i was a sahm to-be and remain home till ds was 1yr old.
then i gotten a job and worked till ds attended k1 (5yrs), which i quit and became a sahm again till now.
no regrets at all, as being there for ds has helped in nurturing him, attending to his needs and watching him grow.
we did have to make a change in lifestyle - eating out less, shopping less, etc... and it's all very much able to meet our needs.
the lil' extra we have, we have managed to plan ahead and go on trips.

but i must say... indeed as a sahm, i missed the social life. my circle of friends has since shrunk. as my ex-coll friends are only free to meet up after work time, but i have ds & family to care at those timing.
and weekends is family time, etc... but as and when i do try to meet up with my ex-coll. it'll be a quick 1 hr lunch.
and now i try to keep myself busy in doing PSG work in ds' sch. and also church stuffs, etc...
:)

Ting

I wanna work. I yearn to work in fact. But still, i feel sad to leave my DS with my mum. Mixed feelings now.

it's like tt, i also wanan work full tym so i can earn more money...buddens, thinking tt i hv to my kaipin with a stranger i oso feel uncomfy, so now i more xinku a bit lor..day tym look after kaipin, night time go work lor..can earn money n look after her oso..hehe.:tlaugh::tlaugh:

liangmum

Hi.
I also strted to becme SAHM when I was 5mth preg. My job is also contract and during preg, body weak therfore didn't continue my contract. Anyway nw still SAHM and wanted to go bck working when my son is 18mths. Let him go childcare is the choice not only having smeone to look after but also let him strt to learn to be independant without mummy ard.

Unlucky for me, I nt in good term with my MIL and my mum working PT. So, I've been taking care of him all by myself ever since he's 2mnth. Is nt an easy path to chose especially yur hub bz with his work and seldom lending his helping hand. Due to his shift work, i understand tat he's tired but wat abt the mother whom almst 24hrs non-stop attending to the baby. I'm glad my son nw is 13mths at least I could have more rest during the night and sometime having my own time in the day when he taking his nap.

So being a SAHM nwsaday is not tat easy like the old kampong days whereby a big grp of family living together and helping each other.

CynCyn

I decided to be a SAHM as there's no one to look after my boy in my family .
No mother in law @ home .
Only have father in law & hubby . But both working .
And leaving my baby in the hands of my FIL is a big no no . Doesn't knws hw to handle babies .
I do not trust infant care , nanny or maid .
So , I'd rather take care of my baby my own .
And most importantly , I wouldn't want to miss out any of his progress . Every progress my baby makes , makes me a happy SAHM . Can't wait for him to call me mummy ! (n_n)

And this is something which even money can't buy . If I were to work , I'd missed out on his progress . By the time , I can't even turn back time and I will regret for not being able to be there to see his progress .

CynCyn

Hi.
I also strted to becme SAHM when I was 5mth preg. My job is also contract and during preg, body weak therfore didn't continue my contract. Anyway nw still SAHM and wanted to go bck working when my son is 18mths. Let him go childcare is the choice not only having smeone to look after but also let him strt to learn to be independant without mummy ard.

Unlucky for me, I nt in good term with my MIL and my mum working PT. So, I've been taking care of him all by myself ever since he's 2mnth. Is nt an easy path to chose especially yur hub bz with his work and seldom lending his helping hand. Due to his shift work, i understand tat he's tired but wat abt the mother whom almst 24hrs non-stop attending to the baby. I'm glad my son nw is 13mths at least I could have more rest during the night and sometime having my own time in the day when he taking his nap.

So being a SAHM nwsaday is not tat easy like the old kampong days whereby a big grp of family living together and helping each other.
I agree with you . I'm also like you taking care of my baby after confinement all the way till now . DH seldoms help out too . And due to work he's also tired . But no one understands how tiring it is to be a 24/7 mummy . It's hard to be doing a one man show . But , it's all worthwhile .

CynCyn

Leanne , I too have the same thinking as you . Initially , I was not use to it to stay home looking after baby . Bt it's worthwhile .
You can wait till DS turns 1 yr old big liao go work also not bad . At least you wont miss out the progress of DS .

Or start as Part time .
Abit off track .
Sengkang here hiring part time dental nurse . I'm working there . Pay not bad .

pm_lynn

Or start as Part time .
Abit off track .
Sengkang here hiring part time dental nurse . I'm working there . Pay not bad .[/quote]

Hi CynCyn, wonder if the position still available ..... Thanks:shyxxx:

lisa_ng

for my education level can only work as sales or service line to get a better pay but to think of it the money spend on transport & others is usually more than what i can earn & lesser time with my baby. after a day of work by the time u reach home got so tired to play with her also. moreover no one to take care of my baby & i don't wish to put her at child care at this young age. but no regrets after all though lesser time for myself or meet up with friends. life so fullfilling with her around me everyday. best of all i can watch her grow & learn new thing each & every moments. i enjoy my motherhood now. thought i can never make it to be a full time mother, still quite unsure till now, but at least for a gd 5 mths i guess. :Dancing_biggrin:

meds

There were initial regets to being a SAHM. Always asking myself why I didnt work. Felt useless as I had to depend on my poor hubby to support us. Not that we are that bad off nor are we that rich to speak. Just comfortable.

Then again nothing is more worthwhile than to see your own kid grow up. Each milestone that they cross will be first discovered by you and the rest of the world gets second news.

Although I think working would be good for both parents, not only for the money but it gives each parent away from baby and away from each other to refresh themselves. Like charging a dead cell phone.

You know sometimes you wish you can just leave baby with someone and go and totally enjoy yourself with no worries after all that hardwork and you're pretty much sick and tired of being around the baby and just wanna get out of his site? Well, I just realised yesterday that I am quite attached to my son although I dont realise it.

I left him at my mom's yesterday cause I had to go to town for a while. Was driving back from my mom's place to mine after dropping him off. Half way through the drive I panicked and I tot I left my baby on the road after I peeked in to the rearview mirror and saw an empty car seat. Then I remembered I left him with my mom. At home, I took a nap. Woke up thinking I heard his crying outside of my room. I sprang out of bed shouting, "Eh Ethan!" then realising again he's with my mom after looking at the empty cot beside me.

So again regrets being a SAHM? I doubt! But I like a little of my own pocket money to buy my little prince lots of stuff! Hehehe!

liangmum

There were initial regets to being a SAHM. Always asking myself why I didnt work. Felt useless as I had to depend on my poor hubby to support us. Not that we are that bad off nor are we that rich to speak. Just comfortable.

Then again nothing is more worthwhile than to see your own kid grow up. Each milestone that they cross will be first discovered by you and the rest of the world gets second news.

Although I think working would be good for both parents, not only for the money but it gives each parent away from baby and away from each other to refresh themselves. Like charging a dead cell phone.

You know sometimes you wish you can just leave baby with someone and go and totally enjoy yourself with no worries after all that hardwork and you're pretty much sick and tired of being around the baby and just wanna get out of his site? Well, I just realised yesterday that I am quite attached to my son although I dont realise it.

I left him at my mom's yesterday cause I had to go to town for a while. Was driving back from my mom's place to mine after dropping him off. Half way through the drive I panicked and I tot I left my baby on the road after I peeked in to the rearview mirror and saw an empty car seat. Then I remembered I left him with my mom. At home, I took a nap. Woke up thinking I heard his crying outside of my room. I sprang out of bed shouting, "Eh Ethan!" then realising again he's with my mom after looking at the empty cot beside me.

So again regrets being a SAHM? I doubt! But I like a little of my own pocket money to buy my little prince lots of stuff! Hehehe!
Hi meds,
mi also have the same feeling. Sometime really wish to have my own spare time to do my stuff or enjoy the life without his cry. But once away frm him for few hrs, mind kept thinking hw's BB doing? Worry if he sleep well or drink milk. Is he giving trouble to the my hub/mom when i not with him?
Sort of missing him :001_302:

mum2fred

Wanted to watch DS grow. Do not really trusts the caregiver except myself..

Sometimes will feel abit regret cos seldom get to meet up with my previous colleague, give up on my favourite activites like yoga, bandminton...But overall, i think is still worth it. :Dancing_wub:

meds

Well liangmum, lets just say that we human beings, are the weirdest of them all.

When we want something, we do it. And when we do it, we rather not do what we wanted to.

Sometimes I sit and laugh at myself. Sometimes I dont know what I want either. But having the baby is definately an end to all! But it's satisfying in it's own way. I guess motherhood or parenthood has it's days...I rather face my baby then face an angry boss/customer. At least I can scold my baby and not get sacked as mummy! Hahaha.

LoVeS

The only regret is lost of freedom of going out or holiday but i can stay by my ds's side to see him grow day by day which really make up the regret i haf.

3Rs

I just rejected a good job offer to be a SAHM. I got no regrets now.

Initially, I thought I would be happier working than taking care of 3 kids. But when I've got a job offered (by my ex boss), I accepted it readily, as I was thinking then the pay was good and the boss understands my need to express at work as I'm still breastfeeding my coming 9mth old. When I was abt to start work, a few days before that, I rejected the offer. Inside me, I wasn't happy the moment I accepted the job. Keep worrying about my gals and the thoughts of not able to be with them when they are growing and needing me the most. So I rejected the job. My hb supported my decision. So now, I'm a happy sAHm with no regrets and doing my small little business with my baking. So, hope things work out rite for me.