What makes u decide to be a SAHM and any regrets?

LoVeS

Thanks for the advise Loves :)
Maybe I'll just try out and see how it goes... I will be doing the cooking. Perhaps choose the cheaper type of food to cook...

HP bill for DH is free, mine is already the cheapest plan.

Its ok that I do not spend on myself. And hopefully we don't get sick or baby doesn't get sick.. Visiting the doc is where all the $ usually goes to on top of baby stuff.
IF all else fails, then i'll look for part time jobs or something...coz my current job doesn't give me a huge take home pay in the first place.
Yes indeed bb sick cost alot of $$$ n even my ds so far hospitalized twice n each time cost almost 1k BUT luckily we haf savings so still quite ok so u really need to buy hospital insurance so tat u dun need to worry abt ur bb sick or so.

Hmmm...

Hi all, am new here.

I recently quit my job as my hubby was posted overseas & was supposed to go with him...end up, his posting was delayed & after waiting for several months, we decided not to go...
I'm bout 7plus months pregnant now, and I wanna be a SAHM, but sometimes I wonder if it is the right choice. It's so hard as I have to be financially dependent on him...plus I feel bad whenever I shop. I am such a shopaholic! Now I don't shop for self much, but I do quite alot of shopping for baby. Whenever hub is stressed at work, I also feel guilty...

At home, my mom's looking after someone's kid, and it is so satisfying to watch him grow. But there are days when I envy other working moms too.. Don't know how to explain...Maybe I feel like I am not very ready yet. But I am very happy too...Aiya, anyone feel like that sometimes?

Pink daisy

Can't have it all lah :tlaugh: Or perhaps yes, but definitely with lesser 'desirable' outcome :wink: know what I mean?!
The greatest challenge of being a mother is to learn making sacrifices. In the end, you need to sit down and discuss with ur hubby (or whoever you'll share ur responsibility with) that: whether can you both cope with whatever decision made, and bear consequences (meaning like, toning down ur lifestyle if u decide to be a SHAM) or: if your inlaws are the bb carer you need to compromise any 'values' they're teaching ur bb etc etc... These are v v hard to deal with, which may leads to dissagreement, quarell etc..if u r not ready for it

Hmmm...

Hi all, am new here.

I recently quit my job as my hubby was posted overseas & was supposed to go with him...end up, his posting was delayed & after waiting for several months, we decided not to go...
I'm bout 7plus months pregnant now, and I wanna be a SAHM, but sometimes I wonder if it is the right choice. It's so hard as I have to be financially dependent on him...plus I feel bad whenever I shop. I am such a shopaholic! Now I don't shop for self much, but I do quite alot of shopping for baby. Whenever hub is stressed at work, I also feel guilty...

At home, my mom's looking after someone's kid, and it is so satisfying to watch him grow. But there are days when I envy other working moms too.. Don't know how to explain...Maybe I feel like I am not very ready yet. But I am very happy too...Aiya, anyone feel like that sometimes?

Last edited:

crookygoo

After much deliberation and discussion with my hubby, coupled with my mom's health is not doing as good as before, i decided to give up my comfortable job with comfortable pay to be a SAHM. After 3 months into this job, i realised that my 2 princesses are much happier than before. Dont know whether it is due to my psychological effect. But in any case, although there are time that i felt like going back to work, i am still happy that i am around during their formation years.

January84

After much deliberation and discussion with my hubby, coupled with my mom's health is not doing as good as before, i decided to give up my comfortable job with comfortable pay to be a SAHM. After 3 months into this job, i realised that my 2 princesses are much happier than before. Dont know whether it is due to my psychological effect. But in any case, although there are time that i felt like going back to work, i am still happy that i am around during their formation years.
well, it is definitely not your psychological effect! children loves their mother to stay by them all day long, and being able to accompany them throughout their growing years are one of 1/4 golden path we are on.

I am a FTWM, but have started my plans on what to do when I become SAHM, although it will be in next June/July, I am still looking forward to that day.

veronica

Oh...I wish to be a SAHM too but due to family commitment, I don't think I am able to become one soon.

So nice to see everyone's HB is so supportive of letting their wife to stay at home.

Mine not leh. Sigh....

prettybb

i don't have any regrets though no doubt its damn tiring but afterall, being a mother and having a child/children,it is our responsibility to take good care of them and to raise them.

i wish i'll be a sahm forever.

January84

Oh...I wish to be a SAHM too but due to family commitment, I don't think I am able to become one soon.

So nice to see everyone's HB is so supportive of letting their wife to stay at home.

Mine not leh. Sigh....

hey dear, 不要恢心, you can start to make plans and discuss with your hubby when u can do while being SAHM. . .

something

January84

Mine not leh. Sigh....

hey dear, 不要恢心, you can start to make plans and discuss with your hubby when u can do while being SAHM. . .

something you are good at, can do at home, able to cover the PUB bills. . . a little savins for yourself. . . .

u can be 1 later. . . don give up/ . ..

SH74

my hubby alw hope i can cont to work aft we r married. but once i'm preggy, i somehow slow down on my work quite a bit (since my job is comm-based). till now, i havent 100% go back to work yet. but worried abt work.

now my hubby is hoping that i quit so i can conc on taking care of bb. less stress n worries. but i dun wan. still prefer to hv some $$ coming in, instead of relying totally on hubby.

so far being SAHM, sometimes regret. or rather miss those working days' times. but when bb well behaved, then no regrets. hahaha...

it's a nice feeling to c bb grow up.

Mrs.Cat

Hi..new here. I'm a WFHM...hmm can also consider SAHM. I do miss going out of the house to work where I can dress up and talk to people. Working from home there is advantages and disadvantages. I can look after my own daughter but at the same time I must work very hard to please my boss....so if you are a Full Time SAHM...i really envy you. :)

i'm a SAHM for 3yrs + since my 1st born, now wif my 2nd child 19mth... i really cant bear to send them to childcare.
I have not been working for almost 6yrs already... asking me to go back to work, sound abit worrying too...
but juggling my 2 kids and housework and my home biz...reali tired me out... i wonder how u all cope?

autumn82

Got sick of work, facing & serving stupid boss.. so decided to be SAHM.. But after being a SAHM.. hmm.. kinda missed working life & the freedom..

But if I choose to work now, I will miss the growing up stage of my DS.. which I'll sure to regret as I experience it when I did not look after my elder DD...

But being a SAHM, really must saluate.. look like old hag, wear t-shirt & shorts daily.. no makeup.. unlike before when working..

Earliest to wake up & latest to turn in.. That's SAHM life... But to see ur kids grow up is very enjoyable.. of coz not when they throw tantrums. :p

I'm a MTB & I've been staying at home since I got pregnant. No choice. I quit my previous job after my 5yrs contract ended with the intention to go States for holiday then find job. Found out b4 my trip I was pregnant. How to find job after that? Would love to work from home or something after bb is born.

winxme

I always wanted to be a sahm.. ever since i gave birth to my 1st kid. But it had been put forward and the 2nd one came, and so did the 3rd one. Finally, i made up my mind to quit my job last year to become a sahm. And my eldest already 11 years old. Why i quit,, because of the kids. They needed me more than i need the job or the paycheck. I am a happy sahm now....no regrets :Dancing_wub:

prettybb

i don't have any regrets though no doubt its damn tiring but afterall, being a mother and having a child/children,it is our responsibility to take good care of them and to raise them.

i wish i'll be a sahm forever.
i've quit my job after i'm married, so this means, i have been staying at home for 3yrs+.
i love to take care of my baby. i'm thankful~

CanCanMum

... if I choose to work now, I will miss the growing up stage of my DS.. which I'll sure to regret as I experience it when I did not look after my elder DD... :p
u mean did not bring her home everyday issit? Aka only bring home during weekends?

autumn82

u mean did not bring her home everyday issit? Aka only bring home during weekends?
Got bring her home, but bring her home only 9pm+, she oredi ZzzZ leh. Then morn, she ZzZ bring her to nanny place. Erm.. So see during weekends lor. Haha.

CanCanMum

oic, so everytime see her with eyes shut, no wonder she dunno abt all things happening ard her.

my boy never slept during travel, and wakes up very early...no wonder i find him irritating and annoying during infant days...kekeke

will she still miss her nanny sometimes?

autumn82

Hmm... Not really leh. At first I tot it's gonna be quite bad. But funny, she's quite fine, never ask for the nanny. Hee. But her nanny misses her, still come over my place & bring her out buy stuffs in the nite. Hee.