what need to prepare for Child care

Hi Mommies need yr advise,

My boy next month will start his full day in child care center.

As this my first time putting kids into child center, what should i prepare ? kinda worries :embarrassed:

Daily what should i prepare for him? how about breakfast and food?

how many diapers should i put in childcare centre? if i give 1big pack diapers, does it will finish fast? or should i just bring daily 5-6pcs ? at home approx he only use 5diapers max.

During eat time, my boy still cannot feed himself, does the teacher will help to feed him or rather let him hungry? kinda worried about this.

Thx for the advice..

Phoebii Cheng

Hi Mommies need your advise,

As this my first time putting kids into child center, what should i prepare ? kinda worries :embarrassed:

how many diapers should i put in childcare centre? if i give 1big pack diapers, does it will finish fast? or should i just bring daily 5-6pcs ? at home approx he only use 5diapers max.

During eat time, my boy still cannot feed himself, does the teacher will help to feed him or rather let him hungry? kinda worried about this.

Thx for the advice..
Hi,

Did you have a talk with the teachers of what to prepare for your child at the CC?

Your son in the childcare with be at PG? or senior infant?

Cos when my son was at the senior infant, we need to put two milk bottles at the ctre, one big and one small (to drink water) and daily when we bring him in, he will still be in his home clothes. We need to let the teachers know when is his last feed. Around 11am then he will have lunch. But we pack 3 rompers for him, 2 bath towels, a plastic bag to put dirty clothings and a bedsheet. They will bathe him twice daily so normally use 2 rompers and 1 is for spare in case.

As for PG, in the morning my son will have his milk feed before sending him to the ctre in his uniform, then he will hv morning snacks at 9 am, lunch at 11 to 12.30, milk feed at 1pm. Then he will nap from 1 to 3pm, afterwhich he will have snack again...no dinner is catered at this ctre. Daily will pack one set of the schools attire and another home attire just in case, a towel and bedsheet and a plastic bag

As for diapers & wet wipes and the barrier cream, we will deposit a pack each, once they almost run out they will inform us....

Hope the above info helps u :tlaugh:

camom

I think different sch, different policies, so better to check with the sch. I've no experience with bringing diapers to sch.

Meals incl breakfast should be provided by sch. Having said so, I still made breakfast for my gal to eat b4 she went to CCC. If your son is very young, the trs will help to feed, they will also train your child to eat independently. Don't worry too much.

U might need to prepare the following:

1) Shampoo/Soap (my gal's 1st ccc requested that every child contribute 1 bottle, unless they have eczema which requires special soap. 2nd ccc, no such policy)
2) Toothbrush/toothpaste
3) Milk - Prepared on weekly basis. I used those FM dispenser or 5 days. Tr just need to pour the prepared amt into warm water.

On a daily basis, I prepare the following:

1) 1 extra change of clothing to change into after bathing
2) 1 plastic bag to contain uniform
3) 1 bath towel
4) Comb

Mattress cover is returned every Fri to wash. The child will bring it back on Mon.

Do remember to label everything with his name. My gal came back quite a few times with other ppl's uniforms.

I think different sch, different policies, so better to check with the sch. I've no experience with bringing diapers to sch.

Meals incl breakfast should be provided by sch. Having said so, I still made breakfast for my gal to eat before she went to CCC. If your son is very young, the trs will help to feed, they will also train your child to eat independently. dont't worry too much.

you might need to prepare the following:

1) Shampoo/Soap (my gal's 1st ccc requested that every child contribute 1 bottle, unless they have eczema which requires special soap. 2nd ccc, no such policy)
2) Toothbrush/toothpaste
3) Milk - Prepared on weekly basis. I used those FM dispenser or 5 days. Tr just need to pour the prepared amt into warm water.

On a daily basis, I prepare the following:

1) 1 extra change of clothing to change into after bathing
2) 1 plastic bag to contain uniform
3) 1 bath towel
4) Comb

Mattress cover is returned every Fri to wash. The child will bring it back on Mon.

Do remember to label everything with his name. My gal came back quite a few times with other ppl's uniforms.
i specially bought those stickers printed with my son's name.. haha but it keep falling off. now son is at babysitter place, so can keep these stickers for him till he grow older and start schooling .. haha

camom

i specially bought those stickers printed with my son's name.. haha but it keep falling off. now son is at babysitter place, so can keep these stickers for him till he grow older and start schooling .. haha
I think you need to get iron on labels or else, use a fabric marker to write your child's name. I use iron labels from Stuck On You for the uniforms and mattress covers. For other stuff like water bottle, bag, comb, toothbrush, etc, I use my brother labelling machine. A permanent marker works as well.

I think you need to get iron on labels or else, use a fabric marker to write your child's name. I use iron labels from Stuck On You for the uniforms and mattress covers. For other stuff like water bottle, bag, comb, toothbrush, etc, I use my brother labelling machine. A permanent marker works as well.
i dont like the permanent marker coz i can wash them off and i am worried the markings will contaminate other baby accessories during steaming. my hubby bought those name embossing machine but it does not work as after steaming the words came off ..haha but now with babysitter we dont need to label my son things.

thanks!

Ting

Hi Mommies need yr advise,

Thx for the advice..

u can ask the teachers what u need to prepare..
basic stuffs r:

1) FM:
normally is 1 feeding of FM either b4 nap or during tea time.
your child shld be on bottle right? so just bring milk bottle n 1 feeding of FM.

2)Water btl is required, best with strap.

3) nap time:
mattress cover, pillow/bolster is optional.

4) one set of clothes for changing after bath time. (i do put an extra set in sch in case she dirties herself)

5) diapers
i usually bring 5-6 pcs daily. if say she only uses 4 pcs tt day, the teacher wil keep the extra in the sch.
but i do see some parents leave one pack there.

6)bathing towel

7) plastic bag to keep dirty/soiled clothes.

8) i do pack an extra jacket for pin in case the weather turns cold, but its optional.

FOOD:
pin's sch provide breakfast, Lunch, Tea n Dinner. so basically i dun hv to worry abt her meals. she also hv 1 milk feed b4 nap.

Most CCs will provide only breakfast, lunch n Tea. u can take a look at their daily food menu. if your child has any allergies, do inform the teacher.

with regards to self feeding, all children will be trained to self feed. u can inform the teacher than your child does not know how to self feed yet, n they will teach him.. then u shld also let him practise.
bring a bib for him to use during meal times, as it would be quite messy if he is learning to self feed.
they wont let him go hungry, they wil feed him abit on n off n let him self feed.when he sees his peers doing the same, he will follow suit.

i would think putting your child in CC is also a way of letting him be more independent n learn more skills.
dun worry too much.