What pregnant should avoid?

Tannie

From what I heard, duck is consider liang... So cannot eat too much, but pregnant woman tend to be heaty, so I think is ok. My gynae also said can eat anything, so long as moderately.

malibu

From what I heard, duck is consider liang... So cannot eat too much, but pregnant woman tend to be heaty, so I think is ok. My gynae also said can eat anything, so long as moderately.
Hi mummies, my gynae told me our body will absorb all the good stuff and will remove all the bad stuff, so just eat any foods that make you happy.
But was told not to take soft cheese like Camembert, Brie, Cottage, bleu, etc... not matures still got live yeast in it.
And animals intestines, which high contain of Vit A , too much of Vit A might cause blindness to baby eye.

Janellebb

I heard from my mummy that pregnant cannot always carry dogs, fury animals? Is it true? Scared pantang things... But i wondering to interview for a petshop parttime job now..

I heard from my mummy that pregnant cannot always carry dogs, fury animals? Is it true? Scared pantang things... But i wondering to interview for a petshop parttime job now..
Dogs are ok. I practically live with my dog and I told my gynae that. He just made a passing remark by saying, why can't you live without your dog...and I just smiled. Generally dogs are ok, I feel. Cats are not, cos their urine produces a very toxic gas when smelt. So, it's best to avoid cats at ALL times. Actually, my granny also told me not to look and touch my dog... now I don't but he still lives with me and my hubby. :D

Ya. Getting excited and anxious at the same time. :)

Pillow is enough. 3/4 of the bed is mine..haha. My poor hubby has to make do with the remaining 1/4.
My colleague also has the same problem as you for sleeping and she told me about that. She basically sleeps in a 45 degree angle (like in a sitting position) with lots of pillows supporting her back. She grumbled to me that her back is always so painful. My other girlfriend suggested me to go swimming, which I hope it'll help ease my up-coming backpains. By the way, have a smooth and wonderful delivery, Rukia! :)

Janellebb

Dogs are ok. I practically live with my dog and I told my gynae that. He just made a passing remark by saying, why can't you live without your dog...and I just smiled. Generally dogs are ok, I feel. Cats are not, cos their urine produces a very toxic gas when smelt. So, it's best to avoid cats at ALL times. Actually, my granny also told me not to look and touch my dog... now I don't but he still lives with me and my hubby. :D
My mum told me cannot carry dogs cause scared pantang say what later baby will grow a lot hair....... But i still carry my dogs. Cause i cant live without them too. Haha

faganbabyjul

what pregnant can't eat

I have 3 kids and I lived in Japan for 5 years, I eat what I like and everything in moderation. I take DHA supplement recommend by my doctor. Didn't avoid any food in particular even though my mom nagged me about the ,liang' food, all my 3 babies were delivered healthy and they are all still very healthy up to date. Enjoy your pregnancy!

Brenbelle

I think it's not true, I have two dogs at home and I sleep with them every night. Sometimes, they are my 'supporting pillows' when I sleep. :)

missyqiqi

Y cannot eat chicken feet? I eat a lot during my pregnant time coz of collagen but before pregnant i also eat a lot.

My gynae only told me not to eat coconut thats all.

Caffeine i avoid coz pregnant lost calcium easily n u don't want to make it worse by drinking more caffeine.
I also avoid raw food like sashimi

Snowgal

Eat coconut n drink coconut water got diff? Coz I like to drink coconut water as it can bring down my heatiness, and its taste so pure too. I tot its good to drink coconut water cos baby will hv clear skin, read fr somewhere tat wrote it.

Preggy cannot drink it?? My doc never tell me this... Hmm...

I drank coconut water throughout my pregnancy & my baby skin is very clean don't even have any moles or birth mark hahahaha... When he was born he didn't have much fat on his body, you know the white thingy stick to his body. Some people believe drinking coconut water in early pregnancy would coz early contraction but didn't happen to me. I drank coconut water since I was 10 weeks pregnant & had happy pregnancy..

Janellebb

Can eat durians? I just went to geylang eat durian, watermelon and drink coconut last night. I am so damn worried.

Well, my gynea told me I could eat anything I want & my Chinese neighbor advised me to eat durian. She said if I eat durian the baby will have soft skin. In fact All baby skin is soft heheheheheheh...I did have some durian during my pregnancy & didn't effect my pregnancy.. I think as long as in right portion it's ok...

Ekari

There are actually some restriction that really can cause side effects but most of them are just superstition passed on from our ancestors and other old folks. Well, its better to believe than not to as pre-caution. You want the best for the baby as well, not just to satisfy your cravings I believe.

HCL

I experience same thing when I was pregnant. Our bb is now 3mths. During my pregnancy, I was blessed to slp as normal. I just placed my bolster below my tummy. No need waste money on those pillow. Keep them and use it for your bb's stuff.

HCL

My Gynae only mentioned two food to avoid: soft cheese an smoked salmon. I had lots of sushimi before, during and after pregnancy. Due to the germs or bacteria found in the two mentioned food. Google is my best friend when I have question about pregnancy. Make sure your bb is getting the nutrients they need to grow healthily.

felicity

Janellebb,

I have not heard anything about not being able to eat ducks. My gynae didn't tell me that too. Sometimes it is so weird. I have 2 colleagues who are also pregnant; one of their gynaes told them not to drink coffee or eat pineapples, whereas my gynae is the relax-type. He just ask me to be normal and eat what I like. He even said sashimi is ok so long is fresh and that the restaurant is well-known. But of course, I didn't dare risk it.

So i reckon it all comes down to individuals. I even heard myths saying if you dont't get to eat what you yearn, your baby will be born with a lot of saliva! LOL...
my gynae is same! he's the relax type, say even sashimi, as long as eat in moderation, anything is ok! and keep caffeine beverages to one a day - any one of coffee or tea or coke...

i've seen 3 diff gynaes b4 including the gynae i'm having my package with... first one i see was just to cfm my pregnancy, she says no raw meat like sashimi, no soft boiled or half boiled eggs... must be all cooked stuff... i super play safe so i'm sticking to all the cooked food. although sometimes outside when i order the sunny side up, the yolk may be a bit runny.

the other gynae i saw when i was having a bad cough for v long, and just walked in to check on my bb, cos i scared my cough will affect my bb... she told me (prob due to my cough as well) the only fruit i can take is apple! and no cold drinks at all. she says dun wear shorts also, must cover up. but i'm still wearing shorts. omg i super freaking scared of the heat, and it's getting worse since i'm pregnant! perspiring non stop!!

i've been drinking cold drink these days due to the hot weather that's totally killing me. either apple juice, apple and carrot juice, fresh milk, isotonic drinks or ice lemon tea... mil says dun take chrysanthemum, and my mum shows me a chinese book that says to avoid barley... so i dun take those drinks.

the book my mum shows me also say to avoid aloe vera, hawthorne, bittergourd and royal jelly.

Last edited: