What shld i do??

chelle

My 5 mths boy has been with nanny for 1 mth +.
This morning when my hubby brought him to nanny place, the nanny hse gate n wall was splashed by paint!!
The nanny suspect is her tenant (coz no1 else) borrow frm loanshark etc....
My silly hubby still left BB there and went to wrk.
Until he call me and told me what happen, i told him to go back n bring BB home coz i feel nanny will b disturbed (have to make police report etc) and have no mood to look after BB. I will take leave and look after him.

My hubby went back to fetch BB and noticed that there are paint on his hands, feets & body (coz it seems that auntie tried 2 remove the paint) and then went to bathe my BB! :embarrassed:

Now, i am beginning to consider if i shld continue let this nanny look after him. Am i over-reacting over this incident?

Coz i am worried what if loansharks or whoever come to nanny hse when my BB is there? And if such incident happen again, this time the paint is on my BB body, what if it get into the milk?

What do the mummies here think?

If i were to find alternative, my auntie who live in Punggol can look after BB, but i will have less time with him coz i will need time to travel there to bring him home everyday! But at least i am assured he will be safe??

jasobias

I think better find another nanny.Not safe if loansharks r visiting ur nanny's place now.Coz fr newspaper reports i read tht they wld even padlock the frontgate so the tenant cant leave the house or enter.leaving baby with ur aunty wld be a better solution.U spend less time with baby but at least he is safe n u wont be worrying abt him at work also.

diymummy

Errrrr... In my humble opinion, please move your baby somewhere else...

Maybe you can consider infant care? How much you paying your nanny a month?

Ting

imo, i think u shld let your aunt take care of him temp til u find another nanny, or consider infant care.

chelle

I dun bear to leave him in infant care coz i heard the ratio is 1 teacher to 4 babies!
Is not so much of the cost but the attention he is getting. My worry with infant care is no immediate attention if he cried/poo/hungry although i know many babies grow up fine in infant care, but i juz dun bear....
I think i must call my aunt now to ask if she can take care of BB, like Jasobias said, at least i dun have to worry when i m at work!
But wonder if my BB can adapt at my aunt place coz new environment! Haiz so many worries!

diymummy

Putting with aunty worry is better to handle than continue to put at this nanny worry ahhh...

5 mth still not so bad actually can adapt.

My son is now in infant care. He's a very happy there. Gotta agree that attention is not there but my son now 10mths, quite independent. :) So got pros and got cons lahh. :)

chelle

Ya, i heard abt BB being more independent at infant care, but i juz dun bear...Hee
Btw, i am paying my nanny $550 now!
Agreed that worrying abt whether he can adapt is better than worrying abt whether he will b safe!
Thanks ALL for the advice!

iwan2noe

My 5 mths boy has been with nanny for 1 month +.
This morning when my hubby brought him to nanny place, the nanny house gate n wall was splashed by paint!!
The nanny suspect is her tenant (coz no1 else) borrow frm loanshark etc....
My silly hubby still left baby there and went to wrk.
Until he call me and told me what happen, i told him to go back n bring baby home coz i feel nanny will b disturbed (have to make police report etc) and have no mood to look after baby. I will take leave and look after him.

My hubby went back to fetch baby and noticed that there are paint on his hands, feets & body (coz it seems that auntie tried 2 remove the paint) and then went to bathe my baby! :embarrassed:

Now, i am beginning to consider if i shld continue let this nanny look after him. Am i over-reacting over this incident?

Coz i am worried what if loansharks or whoever come to nanny house when my baby is there? And if such incident happen again, this time the paint is on my baby body, what if it get into the milk?

What do the mummies here think?

If i were to find alternative, my auntie who live in Punggol can look after baby, but i will have less time with him coz i will need time to travel there to bring him home everyday! But at least i am assured he will be safe??
Hi,
If i face such situation, i will move my bb to be taken care by another nanny. It is so unsafe for my bb... I will nv want to take risk or chances..

loansharks are ruthless pple... in my opinion... if possible, pls change care taker or nanny.. ok? for your bb's sake!:wong19:

snowbear

I'd suggest alternative childcare arrangements! It just doesn't seem safe with this nanny at all for the moment!

apollo

though u might feel that leaving ur baby with ur aunt is abit 'inconvenient' but i feel that abit inconvenient is better than leaving ur baby with ur current nanny..

chelle

Yeah, thanks all mummies for the advice!
Took half day leave today and brought BB to auntie hse to farmiliarise.
On leave tml too so can accom him another day at auntie hse, hopefully he can adapt!

Ya, my hubby n i also feel that we rather take the trouble to travel than keep worrying at work! I only thanks God that the paint splashing incident did not take place when BB is at nanny hse!

My aunt n mum even told me horror stories abt pple being trapped in their own flats coz those loansharks lock them frm outside etc. So terrifying!

apollo

Yeah, thanks all mummies for the advice!
Took half day leave today and brought baby to auntie house to farmiliarise.
On leave tml too so can accom him another day at auntie house, hopefully he can adapt!

Ya, my hubby n i also feel that we rather take the trouble to travel than keep worrying at work! I only thanks God that the paint splashing incident did not take place when baby is at nanny house!

My aunt n mum even told me horror stories about pple being trapped in their own flats coz those loansharks lock them frm outside etc. So terrifying!
u made the right choice by 'sacking' ur nanny!

ya most loansharks are v ruthless!

chelle

Spend the day with BB at auntie hse, he seems to be adapting fine, but curious abt new environment coz he keep looking ard the hse! Hee, so cute...
Plus point with auntie is now that hubby n i have homecooked dinner to eat!

Renzie

chelle

Good for you, its better to change the care taker, as you never know what would happen when you leave your baby there as well as you'll be worried most of the time. Well, Its good to hear that your baby is adapting well.