what should I do abt this errant maid agency?

ping26

My sis just sent off her filipino maid back to the agent as my niece told her that the maid demonstrated to her how to jump out of the window last mth while sunning the mattress.

I told my sis to instruct the agent to buy an air ticket home as it's irresponsible to pass her around.

We really don't know whether she's faking it cos she wants a transfer or mentally unsound. Her work is not satisfactory. She doesn't like kids & is rude to my mother.
My younger niece gets scratches & bruises sometimes as the maid forgets to trim her nails & is very strong (she broke one or two door handles) & rough in handling kids. This maid wants to transfer cos she wants to work in an unsupervised home. But she kept changing her mind when asked a second time. Actually, my sis doesn't mind transferring her.

The agent wants to transfer this maid. They say "give her another chance". I don't know why my sis bothers to listen to them.

She is also very unlucky in maid selection. Her previous maids have attitude problem, is mentally unsound (also got transferred although she liked to draw naked pictures. We hv evidence. We also let her hold baby niece then.) or under-aged.

What can we do about such agents? Why doesn't MOM bother to regulate these agents ?

pipilili

I think Fillipino maids likes unsupervised homes...meaning they are the king of the jungle for 8-10 hrs at home while employers are at work. They like this sort of homes...Very few Fillipino maids are good, responsible. With their govt implementing the policy of granting them 1 day off each mth, I decided against Fillipino maids cos I am afraid she might learn bad things outside, or contract some VD.

However there are Fillipino maids who are purely here to work. My own bro's maid actually told them she do not want off day but more $$ as she need to raise her 4 kids. So she works everyday, taking care of 3 young children with her Ma'am at home.

MsKoh1973

Mayb u want to send her back lah, dun let this kind of pp staying in Sg. If u let her go back to the agency to wait for new employer, still need to pay for her levy, her this kind of attitude, dun need to help her, send her back. But the maid loan finish payment already? Cos if not, then the agency would refuse to return u the advance loan. How much u pay for the advance salary? She wk how long liao?

I also never have luck with maid, my current maid just bought a hp and told me she wanted to resign & go back to Indo, she was a transfer maid, with us just abt a year, just got 2 mths salary only. Likely to send her back to Indo next week cos dun noe what other funni things she would do if her wish not granted.

We even celebrated her birthday for her last month.

Last edited:

pipilili

MsKoh1973,

Did you bring the maid back to agency? The other day I was at agency...then I heard the agency staff talking to the maid in front of an employer...the maid started weeping when agency staff asked her if she wants to continue to work in SG?!?! ***still dun understand why she weep*** Then the agency staff told her:" I am not scolding you, I am asking you...if you dun wan to work, then you go back to Indo. I want to help you too..." I dunno why agency staff said that too...

But I was beside the employer so I am actually facing the agency staff while she talk to the maid. I guess maybe sometimes maids got some probs and dun dare to tell employer, so if u send them to maid agency, maid might tell them. But I feel that when you bring them to agency also good cos agency will re-iterate certain points to them...

MsKoh1973

for my case, no use, when I asked her tat day after she bought the hp, whether she remembered the agent and I told her before she couldn't have handphone, she said she know. She purposely bought it cos she want to call her family to fetch her.

To me, if her heart is no longer here, no point keeping her. So far I never really shout at my maids (all), I only scream at my family when they do anything wrong, but for maid, if they do wrong, I will tell them nicely or at most, dun talk to them. I am the white face to maid at home.

She knew that I dun want her to have hp, yet she deliberately bought it without informing me first. This shows that she already bo chap whether I angry or not (my maid ever saw me scolding pp, she noe how fierce I could be if I want to be). Even sometimes diner she cook not enough rice, I would tell her to eat first, cos if we not enough or later get hungry, we always can eat snacks, but she pai seh, after diner she usually dun eat. These kind of unappreciative pp, keep her for wat.

I am glade that she requested to go back to Indo, cos her advance loan finish liao, if she want to go back to Agent, I wouldn't allow it cos I will be paying the levy till she get the new employer. Why waste my money on these ungrateful pp.

She purposely made me angry by buying the handphone, if I dun grant her wish, scare she will do something funny. These two days, noted she spent more time staring blank out of the window for super long time.

for my case, no use, when I asked her tat day after she bought the hp, whether she remembered the agent and I told her before she couldn't have handphone, she said she know. She purposely bought it cos she want to call her family to fetch her.

To me, if her heart is no longer here, no point keeping her. So far I never really shout at my maids (all), I only scream at my family when they do anything wrong, but for maid, if they do wrong, I will tell them nicely or at most, dun talk to them. I am the white face to maid at home.

She knew that I dun want her to have hp, yet she deliberately bought it without informing me first. This shows that she already bo chap whether I angry or not (my maid ever saw me scolding pp, she noe how fierce I could be if I want to be). Even sometimes diner she cook not enough rice, I would tell her to eat first, cos if we not enough or later get hungry, we always can eat snacks, but she pai seh, after diner she usually dun eat. These kind of unappreciative pp, keep her for wat.

I am glade that she requested to go back to Indo, cos her advance loan finish liao, if she want to go back to Agent, I wouldn't allow it cos I will be paying the levy till she get the new employer. Why waste my money on these ungrateful pp.

She purposely made me angry by buying the handphone, if I dun grant her wish, scare she will do something funny. These two days, noted she spent more time staring blank out of the window for super long time.
Same as my maid!! She has been with us for about 8-9mths. Loan finished, then now tells me she wants to go home. She also went to buy a hp without telling us and ever since she had requested to go home, her performance had been very bad!! things never do properly, stare into space, kept hiding in the room using her phone...

i had also never scold her before, but there was once she threw my child's stuff right in front of me, i flare up! scolded her real good, and now better liao. But im still gg to send her back but coz the new one is not her eyet, so still trying to tahan with the present one.

These pple ar, really ungrateful lor! Hope my new maid will be better!!

MsKoh1973

I am so tire of training new maid, think will take a rest for a while. My husband hope to talk her into staying at least for half year, but I rather use the money to buy a clothes dryer.

hpc

Ya get a maid is just like placing a timer bomb at home.They can tell u yes to all questions u ask or interview them,but go to ur house is another answer.Pretend don't know,don't understand,unusual behaviour,can't hear when u her,faint easily,dream of family member die,must go back ,look after ur baby/kids made her think of her own children suffering at home,thus no heart to work,want off day to go out with friends even not off day,otherwise mistreat the child.Maids are very smart,they know u need them badly,will request for higher pay,even don't have gd performance.MOM should consider getting maids from other country other than Filipinos n indos.They are not easy to handle as they are already brainwashed by x-maids.Do consider maids from Vietenam,Canbodia etc.........If mummies who wants to let maids handle babies,p/s train them well before birth n not after birth.Don't leave everything to the maid thinking they will know what to do_Oneday when they go crazy,add urine into ur soup or drinking water;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

ping26

Mayb u want to send her back lah, dun let this kind of pp staying in Sg. If u let her go back to the agency to wait for new employer, still need to pay for her levy, her this kind of attitude, dun need to help her, send her back. But the maid loan finish payment already? Cos if not, then the agency would refuse to return u the advance loan. How much u pay for the advance salary? She wk how long liao?
lucky, she has just finished paying off the maid loan. But the staff refused to let my sis send her back cos can earn commission mah. My sis asked her, "what if she hurts a child ?" Lady reassured her, "oh, that is not your problem any more." Then same sob story, give her another chance.... Lucky, my sis went again when that lady was off. The manager agreed & they hv put her on plane yesterday.

We also celebrated her birthday in Feb. My sis allowed her to hv hdph & 2 off-day (adhoc).

Anyway, we won't get transfer maids EVER cos agents never tell the truth. dunno why so many the maids r like this. The law doesn't seem to protect the employers' interest. NTUC shld set up their own training ctr in Indo or FIL. Or have compulsory online declaration abt transfer reason. We tried transfer maids twice, all turned out problematic. No more fake sob story for us anymore.

MsKoh1973

ya, I got 5 maids in total, 3 are transferred, including the current one. Agent always cited reasons tat fault dun lies with maids.

1st transfer maid - not enough to eat
2nd transfer maid - no place to sleep, sleep beside toilet too noisy
3rd transfer maid (current 1) - cannot cook

I dont believe really tat simple pp send back their maid. Agent then to beautify abit.

Told my maid agreed to let her go back to Indo earlies next week, she smiled until so happy. Don't why her sudden changed of mind to go back, cos just brought her to open bank a/c early Mar to put in her pay, there are charges and she was aware. Dun noe what she thinking.

pipilili

Wow , so many scary stories of maid here....

I hope my 2 Indon maids dun gimme headache....anyway 1 will be coming next mth...
I wonder, I wonder if she will be good...Nway the training will be done by my mum so...I just sit back and observe...

pipilili

Yeah, one is to help my mum with her household chores, the other one for taking care of infant.

My mum is old so needs help.

Need a helper for infant too cos I will be going back to work force and my working hrs are v long.

:001_302::001_302:

hpc

2 maids are not easy to handle too.U must make a routine rooster for them,they must take turns to do housework,cooking,ironing etc........Otherwise 1 too free,just carry baby,the other busy with housework,sure not happy.Are u staying in a private house or HDB flat?

pipilili

What placement fee? I din pay for any placement fee..

The 2 maids are not staying together, one is staying at my pl, the other one staying w my mum. Technically they are under 2 diff employers, so salary is paid by diff employers..not too bothered if they talk and compare cos when the maids come, will tell them the diff roles and responsibilities.

Only thing I am scared is they dun get along...then that's abit tricky...

Just praying the 2 maids will get along and do their work properly. Hopefully they know that they are here to work, not to play, gossip and be sent home...

MsKoh1973

I mean the advance salary u pay to agent, tat time they said wanted to standardise as $1k instead of 8-10 months salary, dun noe they started already or not.

Gluttonish

My sis just sent off her filipino maid back to the agent as my niece told her that the maid demonstrated to her how to jump out of the window last month while sunning the mattress.

I told my sis to instruct the agent to buy an air ticket home as it's irresponsible to pass her around.

We really dont't know whether she's faking it cos she wants a transfer or mentally unsound. Her work is not satisfactory. She doesn't like kids & is rude to my mother.
My younger niece gets scratches & bruises sometimes as the maid forgets to trim her nails & is very strong (she broke one or two door handles) & rough in handling kids. This maid wants to transfer cos she wants to work in an unsupervised home. But she kept changing her mind when asked a second time. Actually, my sis doesn't mind transferring her.

The agent wants to transfer this maid. They say "give her another chance". I dont't know why my sis bothers to listen to them.

She is also very unlucky in maid selection. Her previous maids have attitude problem, is mentally unsound (also got transferred although she liked to draw naked pictures. We have evidence. We also let her hold baby niece then.) or under-aged.

What can we do about such agents? Why doesn't MOM bother to regulate these agents ?
Gosh, the maid demonstrated to your niece how to jump out of the window? That's sooooo crazy! The worse thing is that the agent still wants you to transfer her to another employer - totally irressponisble! can you tell us which agency is that? i wanna siam the agency!

ping26

The manager has agreed to repatriate the maid. I also don't know which agent cos it's my sis's maid. I only know it's located in Yishun central, next to a carpark.

Anyway, I think most agents will try to transfer maid to get some commission from them. If they allow you to speak to ex-boss, then it's slightly safer. But agents have been known to warn ex-employers not to blow re-employment chance; else they'll have, to foot the entire maid loan. My dear suay sis encountered this kind of agent. It's quite reputable. So the myanmar maid who liked to draw naked pic was transferred to another hapless employer.