What should I do after finding out that my spouse stole from me?

cupid00

I can't find the Ang bao given to me by my dad and god dad which I placed them under my pillow.
My husband blame me for misplacing them. But the next day, I just have the urge to look through his stuff and what I found is an empty red packet with my handwriting stating is from my god dad in year 2012.

My hubby insisted that he didn't do it and even tried to said that I'm the one framing him by placing the empty packet in his drawer.

Only the two of us living together with a dog. I'm already 6 mth pregnant and it hard to me to find out that I'm living with a thief. What must I do? Pretend nothing happen since he don't own up?

eudora21

since you have checked and he denied
to not strain the relationship
i will just be more cautious about my finance and make sure he can't access

Japanno

:wong7:Oh my.. just take it as the toothfairy mistaken ur angbao for tooth. Babe..u cn always earn money. :)

PinkDiamonds

In a sense, whatever money is yours is also shared wealth with your hubby. Try not think of these as separately, unless the money is meant to pay somebody and you've outwardly told him that this money cannot be used/touched.

If you don't want him to be touching your money or valuables, then keep them safe. Buy a small safe box and put your things inside and lock it. or if u have a drawer with a lock use it.

edy

Administrator
Staff member
I cant imagine that I am going to spend the rest of life with such a dishonest person. Your happiness is in your hand.

I also cannot imagine spending the rest of my life with a dishonest person. I will not pretend nothing happens n will confront n warn him. He needs to change the bad habit, I would not tolerate such act.

JuliaKT

May be you find the appropriate time and ask him if he has some problems relating financially. Then how you could help him etc. Tell him that honesty and openness is very important in the relationship. Let him know that if he has the problem, two of you have to share, discuss and solve it. So tell him that you are there to help and don't accuse of stealing.

cupid00

Thanks for giving me your valuable thoughts.
In the end i choose to let go of this matter (although till to date he still does not admit that he is the one). He indeed has some difficulities in planning and managing his finances after he and I has sit down and discuss about it. ;)

Orangepops

Just remember that you are bringing a child into the picture in three months time. Its easy to let go when its only an angpao or two from you, and there isnt a child to worry about... But what if its angpao given for your baby's birthday? Or what if its money meant for a special bday gift? Or what if it was for medicine? What will you say if your child is five and asks why his angpao from kong kong suddenly got "lost"? Also can you hinestly say that your heart will not break if you find out your own child is as well in the habit of lying and stealing fr you, because its what his father showed him thru example?

SofieLia

Glad that you hve decided to let things go. However, I will advice to be more cautious of him as well. Once trust is broken, it's hard to earn it back..