what to drink as replacement for water during confinement?

felicity

I was reading up the threads under the breast feeding mums support group and see that mummies need to take in plenty of fluids to produce milk... During confinement we can't drink plain water right? I only know of the red date tea and milo, what other forms of fluids are available to replace water during confinements? Thanks!

apollo

Some said have to drink longan red dates tea thru out the confinement. my CL and mum had the same mindset too but I cannot take in too much longan red dates tea cos too heaty for me so after few days of confinement, i resumed back to plain water.. I drank warm or room temp plain water. and also Hot milo, Hot soup. =)

how do we prepare the longan red dates tea?
how much longan and how much red dates to make a pot/jar/flash of tea?

i am a 1st mom and not getting a confinement lady.. so dont know how to go about preparing the drink.... :)
can we drink during pregnancy or have to drink after giving birth? thanks :)

apollo

I rmb is cook tgt with water.. using red dates, dried longan.. but as for how much red dates and dried longan to use, i not very sure.. maybe u can 'agaration'? cos i dont think my CL 'measure' how much was used.

I drank once or twice during preg but didnt dare to drink alot, cos very heaty. best is drink during confinement..

verieying

I am the heaty kind.. So instead of longan etc... I drink black bean water as it 'huo xue' I think... And I drink lots of warm water on gyne's advices he says it is essential to prevent uti common amongst confinement ladies due to lack of plain water...

And I overheard the old experience staff nurse saying that drinking purely longan and glutinous rice water could up jaundice for some babies... So maybe some warm waters really good for us and babies? ;)

felicity

Oh ok.. Thanks ladies! I asked my mum who will be doing confinement for me and she says strictly no water, only the longan red date tea or fried brown rice water :/

mei2009

I bought a lot of raspberry leaf tea to drink in these final weeks before delivery. Caffeine and calorie free! But keeps me hydrated and full when I feel like snacking. Going to keep drinking that after delivery to help tone uterus and to supplement the bottle of red date that comes with my confinement tingkat lunch.

Bearygum

I drink red dates + 党参 + 南枣 and "rice tea".

I am also the heaty types and I was suffered with sorethroat since the first day of my confinement due to all the heaty drinks and foods.
So my CL prepared "rice tea" for me, which is less / not heaty.

She fried the normal rice in the pan till golden color then mix with hot water. Just like how we prepare tea.

Kokura

I drink red dates + 党参 + 南枣 and "rice tea".

I am also the heaty types and I was suffered with sorethroat since the first day of my confinement due to all the heaty drinks and foods.
So my CL prepared "rice tea" for me, which is less / not heaty.

She fried the normal rice in the pan till golden color then mix with hot water. Just like how we prepare tea.

Er.... So u mean it is oily water you are drinking??? :err:

cgal

anyone din follow e confinement strictly? like drinking ice milo instead of hot milo? actally wats e reason for nt drinking cold drinks?

Kokura

I have a question. After delivery, usually mothers will have to be hospitalized for 1-3 days. During this period of time, do you drink longan/red date tea in the hospital??? Does the hospital provide such service for you??? And is such a tea service chargeable?