what to eat during first trimester?

Maggimee

Hi, all wonderful Mummy out there.... Can I check with u is it OK to eat all cooked good during first trimester?

even MacDonald, Kfc, pizza?

Yingver07

Hi Maggimee, fast food is not a problem. Just need to take note of raw or half cook foods like sashimi, half boiled egg, sting ray (high in mercury).

missyqiqi

just eat whatever you can just avoid, raw, semi raw food and coconut and pineapple. coconut and pineapple is advised by my gynae. :)

Maggimee

Omg , after reading both replies I feel more relaxed ..:001_302: Does your gals eat fish slice noodles ? That fish is call batang right is it actually ok if like eat around 3 times a week ?

samairamom

hey gal...

I was told to avoid pineapple and papaya during whole pregnancy as they contain abortive juices which can induce early labor and led to miscarriage....may be it is just a myth..but better to be safe thn sorry!!

well i did eat lots of KFC, MCD, Pizza etc during my whole pregnancy and had a healthy baby....avoid any raw meat, blue cheese, raw fish, sushi etc...as they contains bacteria which can affect the baby....anything cooked well is okay to eat....

drink lots of fluid to keep up ur amniotic fluid....all d best :D

cheers
-smairamom

Maggimee

hey gal...

I was told to avoid pineapple and papaya during whole pregnancy as they contain abortive juices which can induce early labor and led to miscarriage....may be it is just a myth..but better to be safe thn sorry!!

well i did eat lots of KFC, MCD, Pizza etc during my whole pregnancy and had a healthy baby....avoid any raw meat, blue cheese, raw fish, sushi etc...as they contains bacteria which can affect the baby....anything cooked well is okay to eat....

drink lots of fluid to keep up ur amniotic fluid....all d best :D

cheers
-smairamom
Oh .... avoid papaya ? I have been taking lots of apple and rock melon is it ok ho ? I have been in taking fast food quite often for the past few days ... But currently I have stop I afraid the oil might be harmful ..... Hey dear as this is my first little gem check with you ah , drink lots of fluid is to keep up our amniotic fluid ? Oh I learn something new today .... THANKS ALOT :Dancing_wub:

mrswongbb

I've been eating a lot of pineapple tarts of CNY period. Heard it's ok, since the pineapples are cooked. I still eat Macs almost once a week (they are my comfort food) and I always feel better after eating macs :) of cos, I avoid the very typical MUST-AVOID food like raw fish, salad, oysters, clams etc.... and my steak now has to be cooked without any hint of pink meat :(

Maggimee

I've been eating a lot of pineapple tarts of CNY period. Heard it's ok, since the pineapples are cooked. I still eat Macs almost once a week (they are my comfort food) and I always feel better after eating macs :) of cos, I avoid the very typical MUST-AVOID food like raw fish, salad, oysters, clams etc.... and my steak now has to be cooked without any hint of pink meat :(
Hi , I also took quite a few of pineapple tarts hahahah I think is ok as all are cooked right ? YA so sad cannot eat raw salmon and oyster it use to be my fav :(

mrswongbb

Hi , I also took quite a few of pineapple tarts hahahah I think is ok as all are cooked right ? YA so sad cannot eat raw salmon and oyster it use to be my fav :(

I guess as long as they are cooked, all are safe to eat! yes, salmon sashimi and oysters were my fav...... no more fresh oysters, or laksa, or oyster omelette or char kway teow....

Maggimee

I guess as long as they are cooked, all are safe to eat! yes, salmon sashimi and oysters were my fav...... no more fresh oysters, or laksa, or oyster omelette or char kway teow....
OH .... LAKSA and CHAR KWAY TEOW is my fav too !!! Can eat but without these main character:(

mrswongbb

defeats the purpose of eating them w/o the cockles :( so I rather not eat....... it's like eating chicken rice without chicken, or fishball noodles without fishball.... meaningless to me.

Maggimee

defeats the purpose of eating them w/o the cockles :( so I rather not eat....... it's like eating chicken rice without chicken, or fishball noodles without fishball.... meaningless to me.
Hahahah True ..... I nearly forget what is the taste of Salmon Sashimi ... Kinda miss it thought

mrswongbb

raw veg

It's best not to take raw vege as they may contain bacteria, which is harmful for the baby. Vegetables are healthy, but if they are not washed thoroughly, bacteria from the soil may still b there...

mrswongbb

subway update

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/06/health/subway-bread-chemical/index.html

Cnn just posted this. .. subway bread hasn't been that healthy After all. ...

Maggimee

Hmmmm .... Think I cant intake fried food ..... Once I took fried food ( KFC,MAC,MOS,LONG JOHN ) following whole day I will feel so bloated and uneasy :(

mrswongbb

sashimi

I have checked w my gynae yestersay and she says as long as the restaurant is clean and has no history of food poisoning, we shld be fine taking some sashimi... but of cos, lets still skip tuna n swordfish cos of e mecury content. I guess taking one or two slices of salmon belly wouldny harm?? :cool:

Maggimee

Re: sashimi

I have checked w my gynae yestersay and she says as long as the restaurant is clean and has no history of food poisoning, we shld be fine taking some sashimi... but of cos, lets still skip tuna n swordfish cos of e mecury content. I guess taking one or two slices of salmon belly wouldny harm?? :cool:
Hmmm ... I also think 1-2 slice should ok ... As in those sashimi is freshly cut out, if left open air den better not ... But those like you order den freshly cut should be no prob ba :)

rafa

Hi Mummys, Just came across this survey done by a young group of polytechnic students that i believe would help us, mothers, understand parenthood better. Would be great if you can help to give your input and spread to others as well as I am sure this would help to benefit us all. Have a nice day.

https://sixplusone.typeform.com/to/ds5XX5