What Toothpaste to Use?

sweety

Hi,

I want to buy toothpaste for my 2 yrs old boy but I dunno which one to buy. Need to train him to use toothpaste liao.

Pls give me some advices.

Thank you. :001_302:

spottycow

Buy those kids toothpaste. DO NOT use adult toothpaste, because it contains mint so it could be very "spicy" for kids. It could scare them from using toothpaste for life....at least for a very long time anyway.

Also my bro (who is a dentist) told me that don't start them on toothpaste till they know how to spit out. It is not so healthy for the kid to swallow too much fluoride.

when i first started to brush my son's teeth, i nv use toothpaste.
cos his dentist told me to start brushing for him w/o the toothpaste first..
aft he get use to the brushing, then use toothpaste.

now that he is 4, he's using Oral B toothpaste for kids..
u can go to Gurdian/Watsons to tk a look... think there're only a few brands to choose frm.

;)

liangmum

Hi mummies,
at wat age u brind yur dd to see dentist? my ds now 14mnths liao, brush teeth no use toothpaste, wonder is it clean? do i need to bring go see dentist? Advise, thanks.

spottycow

I took my boy to the dentist when he was 4, he was alright with it. The best is that you take him along with u to watch u having ur checkup done first. Because the sight of the room could be scary for him, you know, the dentist chair, the apparatus and stuff. If need be, let him lye on you while you laid on the chair, can give him a sense of security.

I will taking my gal for her first check up during the sch hols, she will be 3+ then.

Crashz

First I start my boi with 'first tooth' i think is the brand that is meant for baby as the toothpaste is harmless to swallow. Only when he is ready to spit, I change him to normal children toothpaste when he is about 2.5 years old :tlaugh:

elaine01

Have been giving DS the toothpaste that has apple & banana flavour since 1 yo. He loves it! Everytime tell him "shua ya". He'll be so excited.

liangmum

Have been giving DS the toothpaste that has apple & banana flavour since 1 yo. He loves it! Everytime tell him "shua ya". He'll be so excited.
hi elaine,
wat brand of the toothpaste u gave yur DS? I would like to try for my DS also. thanks.

stonston

try organic toothpaste. also has different flavours and natural herbs.
which brand n where u get? cos those i saw at organic shops r not suitable for young children....n e one i use confirm cant let children use cos e natural herbs is quite 'spicy'....

snort

stonton, is it?? mine's just called organic children. it's mandarin flavour and my boy doesn't find it repulsive, so i think should be ok. spicy? my boy would use it anyway!!

stonston

stonton, is it?? mine's just called organic children. it's mandarin flavour and my boy doesn't find it repulsive, so i think should be ok. spicy? my boy would use it anyway!!
i jus saw this at paragon today...i like e smell...bought 1 for my boi to try...