What type of rice wine needed for cooking during confinement? where to buy?

Sweetooth

My edd is end june. Need to order rice wine now. Any mom/mil are making? I'm confused, so many types of wine. What type should i buy? Glutinous rice wine or ginger wine or red rice wine?

felicity

rice wine i'm not sure, though my mum made me buy wincarnis tonic wine when i travelled a couple of years back... and kept the two bottles to use during my confinement... i dont know good or not, but my mum made me buy one :p

Sad 33

My edd is end june. Need to order rice wine now. Any mom/mil are making? I'm confused, so many types of wine. What type should i buy? Glutinous rice wine or ginger wine or red rice wine?
hi sweettooth,
u managed to find out about the different type of rice wines to use?
I'd like to find out more what is the correct 'chinese rice wine' for seasoning to use after double boiling soup too. Any idea recommendation on brand as there are quite a few in the supermkt?

my knowledge only extend to tonic wines to take...not rice wine. let me know if u need more info on tonic wines!

I have booked my confinement lady but she said I needed to get some wine for cooking...I don't what wine that is. As said there are so many types. Any one has any idea? I am not talking about DOM, I know that one.

Pinky32

My CL told me get the glutinious red rice wine. She said it is easier and sweeter, so nicer to eat when cook with food.

I bought the glutinous rice wine from this aunty call Aunty Ling when my sis-in-law delivers. Her wine is thick, sweet and fragrant. Comes with a simple recipe too! My sis-in-law enjoyed it so much that she's still ordering from her despite her kid now 1yo. I should be ordering from her too. Anyone wants to bulk purchase together?

siewz

I bought the glutinous rice wine from this aunty call Aunty Ling when my sis-in-law delivers. Her wine is thick, sweet and fragrant. Comes with a simple recipe too! My sis-in-law enjoyed it so much that she's still ordering from her despite her kid now 1yo. I should be ordering from her too. Anyone wants to bulk purchase together?
Hi, can i check if you have ordered or can i get the contact from you? :) how much is per bottle? thanks! :)

MamaDT

Hi CoveredInChocolate

Is it the red rice wine u are talking about?
How much did you get per bottle? Any contact that I can call Aunty Ling? Thanks! :)

Hi siewz and MamaDT,

It's the red glutinous rice wine (ang chow red rice wine). I got mine already. 6 bots at $14 each. Aunty Ling also gave me some super easy confinement recipes that I can cook using the wine. My mum commented the wine very fragrant and thick. Cheaper than DOM. Hehe.

Her contact: 91722312

siewz

Hi coveredinchocolate,

thanks for the contact. :) just to check if you know there is a difference between the normal glutinous rice wine (white color) and the red one? :)

Hi coveredinchocolate,

thanks for the contact. :) just to check if you know there is a difference between the normal glutinous rice wine (white color) and the red one? :)
Hi siewz,

I'm haven't really researched it myself, but a quick google told me the red yeast can help stimulate blood reproduction (good for us since we lose a lot of blood during labour), restore constitution, and promote general well-being. My sis-in-law claims it helps to reduce cholesterol too.

busymama

Hi coveredinchocolate,

May I know if Aunty Ling made her glutinous rice wine very thin? i.e., are there sediments when I leave the bottle untouched? And are they truly made with red yeast?

During my last confinement, I got the wine from an auntie and got cheated. She claimed hers was red yeast and sold it real cheap, like $10 or $12 per bottle but in the end what she gave me was "huang jiu", which is an inferior product. And her wine is very, very thin, like water. Almost tasteless. In the end I had to get ginger wine instead, which cost me a bomb. :eek:10:

Hi coveredinchocolate,

May I know if Aunty Ling made her glutinous rice wine very thin? i.e., are there sediments when I leave the bottle untouched? And are they truly made with red yeast?

During my last confinement, I got the wine from an auntie and got cheated. She claimed hers was red yeast and sold it real cheap, like $10 or $12 per bottle but in the end what she gave me was "huang jiu", which is an inferior product. And her wine is very, very thin, like water. Almost tasteless. In the end I had to get ginger wine instead, which cost me a bomb. :eek:10:
I'm happy with Aunty Ling's wine. Very thick. Her wine is reddish in color. At first may seem pricier than others, but I find it value for money.

sayuri

Hi I'm keen on aunty ling's contact. Pls email me at jo_lyo@yahoo.com as I am due this few days. With tks!