What were your twin/triplets pregnancy symptoms?

PinkDiamonds

Thought I'd make this section more lively.

What were the signs/symptoms at the beginning that could've hinted you were carrying more than 1 baby, before the ultrasound picked it up?

I had very, very bad morning, day & night sickness. It was a lot worse than my morning sickness when I was pregnant with DD #1. It didn't occur to me that I would be carrying twins, & I even thought that the exaggerated morning sickness was because I was carrying a girl (again!).

I was looking a big. Initially thought it was just due to very bad water retention which made me look like I was like 4-5 months pregnant when I was only 1-2 months pregnant. I found out about the pregnancy around CNY and there was even a relative who asked my MIL if I was pregnant. At that time I thought I looked big because it was my 2nd pregnancy.

I had spotting at the 4th week. Although not very accurate indicator but I didn't get any when I was pregnant with DD #1. Read that multiple pregnancies are more likely to experience this.

Finally at 8th week we found 2 heartbeats!

kathtan

Hmmm.. for me, there was no symptom at all. It came as a surprise as there was not twin/multiple history in the family. I was not big,but felt heavy from 4mths onwards. When I went Perth in my 5th month, I could not walk for long distance without panting. But size wise, I was normal. (which was rather alarming as i was worried abt their size).

We found out that we had twins in a rather...not so happy situation. I knew that I was pregnant, but dunno how many la (of cos we'd think its one?), but at 5th week pregnancy, I had a cyst that burst, and required an emergency operation...it wasn't then we realise we have twins!

Luckily, the op was smooth and we found out we have b/g twins later. Morning sickness was actually night sickness, throwing up until i was 7 months pregnant. It was the toughest time I had to gain weight..haha...

Crazy cravings (but I still got my way hehe) was for abalone and shark fins! Haha...my FIL say I am bearing two 'atas' babies. :001_302::001_302:

winnietriplets

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Hi :shyxxx:,
I'm expecting triplets, I just reach week33, aim to deliver in week35 (11 Apr 2011). Any triplets pregnancy moms out there who need encouragement, may find my tips helpful "10 Tips to Overcome Multiples Pregnancy" 10 Tips to Overcome Multiples Pregnancy | The Adventure of Winnie's Triplets!
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
:wong29:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Stay positive and believe you can do it, if you need more advice (e.g. what to expect, selective reduction, etc) you may contact me via the blog contact page. I went through a lot of difficulties during my pregnancy, so perhaps my experience and how I overcome them may help you :)
[/FONT]

Batty

HI All,

i m expecting twins as well, currently in my 14th week. My syptoms also very exagerated with lots of morning sickness and no appeitite tummy is growing but i m feeling weaker...
any mummies know how to deal with these symptoms do share. its my first pregnancy and its like a roller coster ride for me!

anabella

HI All,

i m expecting twins as well, currently in my 14th week. My syptoms also very exagerated with lots of morning sickness and no appeitite tummy is growing but i m feeling weaker...
any mummies know how to deal with these symptoms do share. its my first pregnancy and its like a roller coster ride for me!
I just drank 100 plus during those bouts of bad morning sickness. To keep myself hydrated.

llcyahoo

I hv a 9yr boy n 18mth gal. WISHING!!!! i will hv twin for my next pregnancy cos this is the last time for Csection. But we dun hv family history of twin. I am a dragon, cant imagining if i hv 2 more dragons. WOW, i will be v v v happy then winning big sweep. LOL

anabella

I hv a 9yr boy n 18mth gal. WISHING!!!! i will hv twin for my next pregnancy cos this is the last time for Csection. But we dun hv family history of twin. I am a dragon, cant imagining if i hv 2 more dragons. WOW, i will be v v v happy then winning big sweep. LOL
Hahaha. U take clomid. Might increase ur chances. Hehehe.

sept2980

Congrats from Milksupply!

For your future savings on milk powder, you can contact us.

Stage 1 milk available too.

Thanks

Milkmilksupply
Baby & Milk
Facebook: milkmilksupply@gmail.com (add me to your facebook:))

Order form:

Name:
Contact number:
Email address:
Milk Type(Weight)/No. of tins (eg:Enfalac A+(900g)/13 tins):
Delivery address(if applicable) ($7 per delivery):

Collection points:
1. Clementi West Street 1 Blk 606 (near to West Coast plaza)
2. Jurong West Ave 5, Blk 723 (after 3pm)
3. Hougang St 92, Blk 941 Loading Bay (Appointment only - sat morning 945am / 1115am)

Once we received your orders, we will advise you on the delivery/collection date&time.

makarios

Just entered my 2nd trimester...the morning sickness has eased a bit. Was having major morning sickness day and nite. Ginger tea helped. But once I smelled any food, I will feel sick. So 3kg down the 1st trimester.

Also extreme fatigue. With a daughter in tow, it was hard to rest. But I managed to take a nap with her almost each day. This really helped to sustain my sanity and energy.

I also became forgetful. Lost this and that. Think might be the extreme fatigue that made me unable to concentrate well.

chanel19

Just entered my 2nd trimester...the morning sickness has eased a bit. Was having major morning sickness day and nite. Ginger tea helped. But once I smelled any food, I will feel sick. So 3kg down the 1st trimester.

Also extreme fatigue. With a daughter in tow, it was hard to rest. But I managed to take a nap with her almost each day. This really helped to sustain my sanity and energy.

I also became forgetful. Lost this and that. Think might be the extreme fatigue that made me unable to concentrate well.
Stick sticky notes besidde bed, in toilet, at kitchen, haha....this is how I remember :)

makarios

does the symptoms shown more 'dreadful' than carrying a single child?
Comparing to singleton pregnancy, twin pregnancy has more serious Morning sickness and pregnancy fatigue for me. Think must be the higher HCG...but now in my 2nd trimester, morning sickness and fatigue is gone. Just that the ligament stretching pain is quite evident as compared to my first pregnancy. Are you carrying twins too?:eek:

Hi mommies! I'm currently 10wks +5, but my tummy looks like i'm already 4mths preg.. This will be #3.. U guys reckon i'm carrying twins?? DH thinks so, since i hv twins frm my mom's side..