What will you do when your neighbour behave this way ?

angelababi

hi recently i had a newly move in neighbour.. WoW to my surprise they had almost 20 people staying inside their house.. Including 8 kids stayin too.. They create alot of noise since they didnt close up their main door.. while i did close mine as my main door abit facing to them .. but still can heard their noise very clearly .. like thats their private suite.. how do others neighbour kid study.. even my niece being disturb hardly get back to sleep.. and they place alot of their stuff outside hanging almost all their clothes, bicycle, and even place it at my area where i place my plants like almost blocking the way and the electric, gas, water circuit ... all block..
What i worried the most is what if it catch fire ? The only exit for me is block by their clothes ! They are nuts almost all of their family members smoke and they are very inconsiderate they just throw their ciggrate butt at my area ! And beside me is the staircase all is ciggrate butt too ! I find it very unhygiene .. wherby my area is not a rubbish bin ..
The youngster from their house can even bring their friends home .. and they just sit outside my main door and talk and eat and noise .. at first i thought loanshark runner or what as they behave sneaky .. Is inappropriate to just sit outside other resident unit right !
Damn piss off they even eat and just throw their tibits package outside their flat ! Somemore even came outside qurral and shout very loud even at late hours !

Any advice ... Thanks :)

Last edited:
Babe, report to town council. They will refer your case to hbd. I am also facing horrible IMH sick neighbour too, she has post natal depression. Her corridor is so messy litter with stuffs up to my door step, told her off too. Recently, her kids played with fire at the corridor away, told her kids for playing with fire and she came out to shout and.scold me. She then told her Kids, its ok to play with.fire under supervision. She's totally crazy!! 20 ppl in the hdb flat is illegal according to hdb rules, think max is 8 for 4rm flat. If they litter take a pic and shoot a letter to NEA, they will come down investigate. Anything just rm to take pic or video so u will have ur case against them otherwise is your words against theirs. So protect your interests.

angelababi

Babe, report to town council. They will refer your case to hbd. I am also facing horrible IMH sick neighbour too, she has post natal depression. Her corridor is so messy litter with stuffs up to my door step, told her off too. Recently, her kids played with fire at the corridor away, told her kids for playing with fire and she came out to shout and.scold me. She then told her Kids, its ok to play with.fire under supervision. She's totally crazy!! 20 ppl in the hdb flat is illegal according to hdb rules, think max is 8 for 4rm flat. If they litter take a pic and shoot a letter to NEA, they will come down investigate. Anything just rm to take pic or video so u will have ur case against them otherwise is your words against theirs. So protect your interests.
Your neighbour let kids Playing with fire.. OMG they are totally NUTS.. So selfish !! My THAT NUTS neighbour they are 5rm flat inside stay alot of people as i see alot alot alot of shoes placing outside and different people coming out for their kids already got 8 and they got 2 maids .. talking about their maids i more no words to say she can pour unlabel water into my plants !!?? WHO she think she is doing ! If she do it again i will scold her ! I dont know they are illegal anot so many people staying there as they are family members not rental to foreign people.. And yes i had shoot a letter to NEA but they say reference to town council .. many days pass their things are getting more and more .. they can even hang out their big big blankets outside and hang.. even want to take my area to put their things.. DAMN piss off still can sing KTV at night and main door never close .. the whole block they are the most noise.. !

Last edited:

apollo

I think u shd conplain to TC. having 20+ ppl in a HDB flat is way too much. plus the things they put outside, what if really caught fire?

Your neighbour let kids Playing with fire.. OMG they are totally NUTS.. So selfish !! My THAT NUTS neighbour they are 5rm flat inside stay alot of people as i see alot alot alot of shoes placing outside and different people coming out for their kids already got 8 and they got 2 maids .. talking about their maids i more no words to say she can pour unlabel water into my plants !!?? WHO she think she is doing ! If she do it again i will scold her ! I dont know they are illegal anot so many people staying there as they are family members not rental to foreign people.. And yes i had shoot a letter to NEA but they say reference to town council .. many days pass their things are getting more and more .. they can even hang out their big big blankets outside and hang.. even want to take my area to put their things.. DAMN piss off still can sing KTV at night and main door never close .. the whole block they are the most noise.. !
Eventhou family or not, as long as 20ppl stay in that flat its consider illegal buy hdb standard.

angelababi

hi ladies im totally out of words the guy in their house just sit outside my flat and cut hair.. even leave their hair there .. dont know they came from which planet ! Their friends all standing very close to my main door only left haven laid on my gate as its close ! I never see ppl would stand sooo near at others resident main door its very very near as they smoke all the smell will came into my house , imagine my door are close
I had video it !

Last edited:

Gem2505

under HDB rules n regulation, for a 5rm flat, max no. of people is 8 only.
under SCDF law, corridor should have at least 1m wide gap ( CLEAR from all the pots/plants/shoe racks,etc ).

what you can do:
1. Call up town council and instruct them for a immediate action. u just have to threaten them? tell them if they not going to do anything about it, and if a REAL fire breakout, THEY have to be responsible for it! tell them if by the next day, they dont do anything, you will go to the MP! sometimes, for our own safety, we really have to go all way out to threaten them. no choice. Take pictures of those things outside and email to town council and SCDF.
Email to SCDF and CC town council would be good.
I'm a complain queen, and i does property mgt in the past, so more or less, i know how to handle such thing.

2. Have you talked nicely to your neighbour about it? *but i think they also quite stubborn type..*
I just bot a new flat and moved in this year. b4 I buy over, the owner rented it out to a FT. he bo chap the neighbour type so the neighbour took advantage about it. Placing plants over the "line", handing clothes outside my door. *even though it seems like it was WASHED, but it STINK still*. During renovation, we just let them do whatever they want. But when i moved in, NO WAY they can do anything they want.
I purposely put my shoes cabinet near to the "line" so I somehow do a "divider" between 2 unit. so their plants cant come over already. i guess they know what we are up to, the clothes are all taken back and never hang outside my door anymore. glad that they quite auto about it.

3. I've checked with my friend working in town council about placing too many plants at the corridor, he said, as long as there's a 1 metre clear space for escape, its ok. if less than that, then can report to SCDF/town council.

angelababi

under HDB rules n regulation, for a 5rm flat, max no. of people is 8 only.
under SCDF law, corridor should have at least 1m wide gap ( CLEAR from all the pots/plants/shoe racks,etc ).

what you can do:
1. Call up town council and instruct them for a immediate action. u just have to threaten them? tell them if they not going to do anything about it, and if a REAL fire breakout, THEY have to be responsible for it! tell them if by the next day, they dont do anything, you will go to the MP! sometimes, for our own safety, we really have to go all way out to threaten them. no choice. Take pictures of those things outside and email to town council and SCDF.
Email to SCDF and CC town council would be good.
I'm a complain queen, and i does property mgt in the past, so more or less, i know how to handle such thing.

2. Have you talked nicely to your neighbour about it? *but i think they also quite stubborn type..*
I just bot a new flat and moved in this year. b4 I buy over, the owner rented it out to a FT. he bo chap the neighbour type so the neighbour took advantage about it. Placing plants over the "line", handing clothes outside my door. *even though it seems like it was WASHED, but it STINK still*. During renovation, we just let them do whatever they want. But when i moved in, NO WAY they can do anything they want.
I purposely put my shoes cabinet near to the "line" so I somehow do a "divider" between 2 unit. so their plants cant come over already. i guess they know what we are up to, the clothes are all taken back and never hang outside my door anymore. glad that they quite auto about it.

3. I've checked with my friend working in town council about placing too many plants at the corridor, he said, as long as there's a 1 metre clear space for escape, its ok. if less than that, then can report to SCDF/town council.
hi Gem2505 , i got use my method too i purposely place my plants to do a divider .. not many just nice and neat..they somehow know didn place clothes at my plants area .. They still thinking why i never place beside another side .. CRAZY ! Im unlike them blocking other ways , what if other kids bump and fall ? AND .. BUT THEY throw cigg at my plants area ! And they place their clothes in front of my door at the electric circuit.. IM worried my plants might catch fire or burnt a hole on it .. ITS cost money .. And if really catch fire Im the last corner and they throw cigg beside my staircase area , WAH my mother hus would be burnt to gone !

Last edited:

Gem2505

hi Gem2505 , i got use my method too i purposely place my plants to do a divider .. not many just nice and neat..they somehow know didn place clothes at my plants area .. They still thinking why i never place beside another side .. CRAZY ! Im unlike them blocking other ways , what if other kids bump and fall ? AND .. BUT THEY throw cigg at my plants area ! And they place their clothes in front of my door at the electric circuit.. IM worried my plants might catch fire or burnt a hole on it .. ITS cost money .. And if really catch fire Im the last corner and they throw cigg beside my staircase area , WAH my mother hus would be burnt to gone !
worst come to worst, when these people gather outside your place, v late and loud, call police lor. say they very noisy n see if telling the police they throw cigg all around, fire hazard, dangerous. lucky my neighbour quite auto, can get our hint easily. else i m not much diff from urs. they smoke outside my main door area, SUPER SMELLY. my place is a SMOKE-FREE environment. so alil cigg smell from outside, i can sense it easily. there's once when they smoke outside, i purposely open the door and look at them, they pai sei, den moved away.

angelababi

worst come to worst, when these people gather outside your place, v late and loud, call police lor. say they very noisy n see if telling the police they throw cigg all around, fire hazard, dangerous. lucky my neighbour quite auto, can get our hint easily. else i m not much diff from urs. they smoke outside my main door area, SUPER SMELLY. my place is a SMOKE-FREE environment. so alil cigg smell from outside, i can sense it easily. there's once when they smoke outside, i purposely open the door and look at them, they pai sei, den moved away.
i have done too , they even shout at late hours sometime.. i thought what happen .. then i find out the person who shout is shouting at his hp" inside person " .. and i call police cause shout very very loud.. but the police also never do anything as the person is staying there so maybe he shout more then maybe the police will take action.
Plus i also done befor purposely open the door see them when they standing just outside my main door smoke, i look at them they walk away.. but two days lata they standing there again.. :( Thats why i said they from other planet ... the whole blk including others blk also not noisy only when they came now they themself very noisy.. think the neighbour beside them also dont like them as they are all side by side the sound impact even more loud.. all will close their door and window .. plus others got kids dont know how to study.. even my baby niece get disturb cant get to sleep...
Think i will scold them to get off cause my limit is up up up already ... as i dislike the smell of cigg too .. my whole family no ppl smoke as well.. sign they getting worse bring a group of ppl home 15 or more home sing KTV and very loud .. and the ppl they bring home throw alot of cigg on the ground too, more then 15 cigg butt wor...
Has send complain to MP , TC said monitor the situation .. so many days already they still the same.. wonder how the hdb will action as they inside stay so many ppl..

Last edited:

Gem2505

i have done too , they even shout at late hours sometime.. i thought what happen .. then i find out the person who shout is shouting at his hp" inside person " .. and i call police cause shout very very loud.. but the police also never do anything as the person is staying there so maybe he shout more then maybe the police will take action.
Plus i also done befor purposely open the door see them when they standing just outside my main door smoke, i look at them they walk away.. but two days lata they standing there again.. :( Thats why i said they from other planet ... the whole blk including others blk also not noisy only when they came now they themself very noisy.. think the neighbour beside them also dont like them as they are all side by side the sound impact even more loud.. all will close their door and window .. plus others got kids dont know how to study.. even my baby niece get disturb cant get to sleep...
Think i will scold them to get off cause my limit is up up up already ... as i dislike the smell of cigg too .. my whole family no ppl smoke as well.. sign they getting worse bring a group of ppl home 15 or more home sing KTV and very loud .. and the ppl they bring home throw alot of cigg on the ground too, more then 15 cigg butt wor...
Has send complain to MP , TC said monitor the situation .. so many days already they still the same.. wonder how the hdb will action as they inside stay so many ppl..
hdb website didnt state which email add to send to regarding such matter. usually they leave it to the town council.
maybe u write to hdb from their "feedback" and try luck lor. every time these people make noise, just call the police.
lets see if ur MP can do anything about it.

angelababi

hdb website didnt state which email add to send to regarding such matter. usually they leave it to the town council.
maybe u write to hdb from their "feedback" and try luck lor. every time these people make noise, just call the police.
lets see if ur MP can do anything about it.
i also dont know can alway report police a not , cause they open ktv loud loud is at daytime.. although they gather a group and stand there smoke and talk and throw cigg ..to me is illegal cause a group mah .. but always the police came they just take note of their ic and then the police went off wor.. and then the group went back to their friens house again... and next time coming again and again.. *faint
Also dont know how my MP will do , but also cant give warning only as they inside stay so many family members.. TC said monitor monitor , i dont know how they going to drag.. and how long wor .. so sian come these aliens as neighbour .. previous one stay for 11yrs .. all very peacefull and un noisy .. i think these aliens more suitable to buy those first floor flat all by themself .. nobody care..

noisyneighbour

Hi there, me have been having issues with my noisy and inconsiderate neighbours. They have creating constant noise nuisance early morning and late at night. I have talked to them and it doesn't help.

I have created a dedicate forum for sufferers like myself to share your experiences and lesson learnt. If you have successfully resolved it, hope you can share with us as well. Do share with your friends about the page and hope we can use the portal to highlight to the relevant parties how bad noise nuisances can be and more actions needed to be done. The page is as below:

[URL]http://www.noisyneighboursg.com/forums[/url]

Please participate and share with your friends. Let us work together and help create a less noisy and inconsiderate community.