whats the chances of having premature baby again?

pkshl

my ds came out at 35wks 3days. i was wondering what are the chances of having a premature baby again ?

diymummy

my ds came out at 36 weeks exactly. i had to go through emergency c-sect because i had pre-eclampsia and both my life and baby's life was in danger.

was there any reason why your baby was premature?

gynae said for my case, hard to say if the condition will re-surface during next pregnancy. and even if it re-surfaces at next pregnancy, it might also re-surface earlier but all in all for the condition of pre-eclampsia, hard to say if it'll recur

pkshl

my dear son came out at 36 weeks exactly. i had to go through emergency c-sect because i had pre-eclampsia and both my life and baby's life was in danger.

was there any reason why your baby was premature?

gynae said for my case, hard to say if the condition will re-surface during next pregnancy. and even if it re-surfaces at next pregnancy, it might also re-surface earlier but all in all for the condition of pre-eclampsia, hard to say if it'll recur
my gyne did not say y my baby was premature. i also dun know y he came out earlier den expected. i also went through c-sect but not sure iszit considered emergency bcos my waterbag burst & blood also came out so i told my gyne to do c-sect immediately cos too much water & blood loss will endanger baby..

jasobias

my dear son came out at 35wks 3days. i was wondering what are the chances of having a premature baby again ?
usually there is a high chance of delivering prematurely if u had gone through it b4.Ur gynae shld be keeping a close eye on u n prescribing meds tht cld delay the labour.Just rest more n drink more water..tht cld help relax the contractions.

hope seow

my dear son came out at 35wks 3days. i was wondering what are the chances of having a premature baby again ?
Hi, the chances of having another premature are there. Just to share my story :) My first kid came at 38 wks, so when i was pregnant with my second one, i took in for granted for everything will be the same but she came out at 33 wks instead because of water bag broke too. Thank God she was very strong so she actually came back home with me and need not to go incubator at all.

So when i was pregnant with my third one, was very afraid that i will deliver early too but he came out only at 37 wks. My gynae told me that my second kid came early maybe due to infection so he was very careful when i was expecting my third one. :)

kathtan

Chances are high. My firstborn was out at 32 weeks due to waterbag burst and no other reason. (he was in breech position). Then i conceived twins and due to my earlier history, my gynae was super on the ball. My twins came out at 30 weeks, reason- water bag burst for no apparent reason. Sigh. Luckily i was prepared from week 28 onwards. So whatever it is, just be prepared early.

AngieY

Ya, risk for having another premature preg is higher if you have a history it.

My first bb was 29th weeker premmie due to placentra previa ( placenta very low, causing me to bleed at very early in my pregnancy) I was so traumatized by my first preg that I was afraid to be pregnant again.

My gynae say that my chances are higher in future but every pregnancy is also different. So have to look at the bright side... :Dancing_wub:

7LegSotong

This is not good...
My waterbag broke at week 36 too. My doctor just delivered my baby through normal delivery and i also don't know why my baby was prematured.

pkshl

im also afraid to get pregnant again since my baby came out at 35wks 3days.
gyne also could not figure out whats wrong with me.

im not sure if this could be the cause of my waterbag breaking. 2weeks before my waterbag broke, i had constipation. & when i finally went to the toilet to do 'big biz' , i was so constipated that i can't seem to get it(poo) out of me(sorry abit gross here), thats when i started pushing quite hard to get it(poo) out cos keeps sticking inside & im so uncomfortable.

could this be the caused of my waterbag broke?

Wendy_ylw

I have a pre-mature baby on 2006, he born on week 28 due to water bag burst. Doctor also can't explain why my baby will came out so early....
Before that, i having diarrhoe and took the medical which subscripted by gynae, the next following day my water bag burst. It might due to some infection but after done all the blood test still cannot find the root caused.

Fortunately, my second baby was a full term baby and born on 2009, based on the previous experience, i have to be more careful during my 2nd pregnancy.

So to all premature baby mummies are planning to have next one, please don't worry so much, just take care, follow doctor instructions, eat well, rest well...

Stan

my baby arrived at 35weeks 6 days cos waterbag burst. No signs... nothing. In fact my pregnancy was so smooth...no morning sickness...no craving...if my tummy nv grow...almost duno preggies...
Gynae also says is possible infection... thank goodness she was good weight of 2.65kg!

mclainpauline

According to me every pregnancy is different. There are many chances of having premature baby again if you can not take care of your self completely and not follow the instruction of you gynaec. Here are some reason of premature birth that over stress, infection etc.