What's Wrong With Single Mother Finding A Job?

MummyBeL

Hi dumbocarebear,

I found a job already. Going to start this coming 30th. So excited and also quite worry about it.

Helpless

Hi mummybel

Congrats! Yr efforts finally paid off.

What job is it?

Do Treasure tis few days w baby b4 u start work

MummyBeL

Qunicy Bubba Mama Helpless,

Thanks. Its a admin job. I will miss my baby while working but its worth as i could support and raise her. :D

Ting

congrats girl! u did it! =) JY and im sure ur hard work will pay off well! =)

Ting

politics is common, every where also hv...just do ur job n try to avoid as much as possible. =)

quincy1986

ya politics is everywhere.
i just encounter an accounts who accuse me that i work so long already also dont know about cheque issuing.
the problem is 1 year i deal with her less than 5 times.
she told me our company got many types of cheques.
My 1[SUP]st[/SUP] year in the company how I know sia?My 1[SUP]st[/SUP] year in the company how I know sia?

MummyBeL

try to avoid but the more silent you also will tio. so innocents. 2nd day of work already get sabo. siian.!

quincy1986

lets jiayou tog!
in my first job, i got screamed at by my superiors. i manage to stay in that job for 2 years.

yapck

Hi dumbocarebear,

I found a job already. Going to start this coming 30th. So excited and also quite worry about it.
I left for 2 weeks and you found a job, not bad .
Next thing in your work place , dont share anything about you being single mum.

This is how i feel.

quincy1986

I left for 2 weeks and you found a job, not bad .
Next thing in your work place , dont share anything about you being single mum.

This is how i feel.
if she mentioned it in her interview, chances are a few of her colleagues are starting to know she is a single mom.

MummyBeL

I guess so. Inside office is like spreading here and there. *Headache* Everyday work here will been sabo at least a time. I guess i have to bear as to raise my girl.

yapck

I guess so. Inside office is like spreading here and there. *Headache* Everyday work here will been sabo at least a time. I guess i have to bear as to raise my girl.
Hai, stay low and hang with those good ones in the obbice. that's all I can say

Yes I would feel that this type of thing cannot hide, if ever discovered by the co, u may lose yr rice bowl by giving false statements. HR is supposed to keep it confidential about employee's portfolio, so long you yrself keep it a low profile, just ignore their gossips, sooner or later they will stop. They won't gossip forever. Most importantly is to prove to them yr job performance!

Well, I would feel there isn't a need to specifically tell yr colleagues u are a single mum unless they asked. If u deny, I think it would backfire..n won't be able to gain the trust of yr colleagues anymore if the HR is also a gossiper who spread it to them..just my suggestions..

patsie

Correct me if I m wrong, but I tot most employment forms shld not have d marital status This is 1 of d move fr MOM 2 minimize discrimination

I have interviewed candidates n not know if they r married or not D only way 2 find out is during d interviews While I don't discriminate I have experienced in employing a mom who has decided 2 come back 2 d work force after a year of being a stay home mom

Less den 2 mths into d job she starts giving excuses about wanting 2 quit Such as pay is low, wanna further studies, etc While I explained dat pay is relative 2 experience which she didn't have much In d end she decided 2 quit N on her last day.... She told me d real reason she quit was cos there is no one 2 look after her kid

D thing was if she had been upfront about her probs I cld have found a solution 4 her Such as finding her a caretaker temporarily b4 her BB is enrolled into infant care

I guess it takes 2 to clap N both parties do take a bit of risks

quincy1986

Correct me if I m wrong, but I tot most employment forms shld not have d marital status This is 1 of d move fr MOM 2 minimize discrimination

I have interviewed candidates n not know if they r married or not D only way 2 find out is during d interviews While I don't discriminate I have experienced in employing a mom who has decided 2 come back 2 d work force after a year of being a stay home mom

Less den 2 mths into d job she starts giving excuses about wanting 2 quit Such as pay is low, wanna further studies, etc While I explained dat pay is relative 2 experience which she didn't have much In d end she decided 2 quit N on her last day.... She told me d real reason she quit was cos there is no one 2 look after her kid

D thing was if she had been upfront about her probs I cld have found a solution 4 her Such as finding her a caretaker temporarily b4 her BB is enrolled into infant care

I guess it takes 2 to clap N both parties do take a bit of risks
hope u take this as a case by itself and not all single mom's are as irresponsible.
while many single parents are similar, every family is also unique in its way.
i understand you will have 2nd thoughts about hiring single parents right now.
you can make it a give and take situation.
for instance if they leave company within a period shorter than their probation time frame, there will be a penalty for short notice.

patsie

She isn't my 1st n I don't think she will b my last

Y I share dat particular incident was cos I felt she shldnt have quit since she liked her co workers N d only issue was no one was able 2 look after her son However if she had share her prob wif me Things may have ended differently

We did part on gd terms My staff r still in contact wif her n has informed me dat she has found a cc 4 her son n is currently looking 4 a job She also asked my staff if there is vacancy within my section N they know I don't have since I filled d last vacancy last mth