What's your baby feeding schedule like?

vyxf

Hey mummys! I'm a brand new mummy to a 6mth baby boy and I have very little help frm my mum and mil on how to feed my son. Can you help advise me what is your baby feeding schedule like? Like how many meals do you give a day, what you give for each meal, portion size, and so on.. Any help will be very much appreciated!

also, I notice porridge is very popular for babies.. I know this is a very fundamental problem with me, but I don't know how to cook it! What is the simplest fuss free way to cook porridge for babies? And can I use my basic Cornell rice cooker to cook it?

how long must babies eat porridge for?

diza

For a start, I gave my son cerelac twice a day. For portion wise, it's a trial and error. Some babies eat more, some less. You may want to follow the guidelines given on the box. By 8 or 9 months, I moved on to porridge. The easiest way to cook porridge is using a slow cooker. It takes more than 2 hours to cook but vegetables or meat will be very soft so easier for babies to chew and swallow. If you want to use ur normal rice cooker, I think it's ok but meat and vegetables might not be soft so u might need to blend the food. How long babies eat porridge really depends on ur baby's interest. My 14-mth son still enjoys eating porridge. And I do give him snacks like baby biscuits or fruits in between meals.

ast0212

At 6 months I offered my kids one meal a day. I did baby led weaning so it was anything soft that they could hold onto and feed themselves. I usually gave it to them in the afternoon after breastfeed.
Sometimes they ate, sometimes they didn't. It didn't really matter as food is just for tasting and feeling at 6-12m.

goh377

Just some points to add in case it helps other mummies out there.
1. We usually use rice cooker to cook porridge, it should be quite simple to use, as long as you follow the instruction comes with the rice cooker. At the beginning, you can just give rice soup, in this case, you may want to add a little more water to the rice.
2. For 6 months old baby, you can also give fruit puree such as apple, pear, avocado. More baby food can be added as your baby grows. In this case, you may need to buy a food blender to help you.
3. Wait for at least three days before you introduce a new food. This is to ensure that the baby does not show any adverse reaction to the food.