Whats your feeding schedule like?

Ashbaby

DS just started cereal with PD given the green light. We only start like 1/3 of cereal for 1 feed + 120ml milk.

DS feeding schedule:

Morning: 180ml Milk
Late AM / Early PM: 120ml milk + 1/3 cereal
Late Afternoon: 180ml Milk
Late Evening: 180ml Milk.

PD say to slowly replace the 2nd feed with cereal.

May I know whats the feeding schedule like for babies btwn 6mth - 9mths?

apollo

dear son just started cereal with pediatrician given the green light. We only start like 1/3 of cereal for 1 feed + 120ml milk.

dear son feeding schedule:

Morning: 180ml Milk
Late AM / Early PM: 120ml milk + 1/3 cereal
Late Afternoon: 180ml Milk
Late Evening: 180ml Milk.

pediatrician say to slowly replace the 2nd feed with cereal.

May I know whats the feeding schedule like for babies btwn 6mth - 9mths?
ur baby's schedule looks okay for me..

ehh iirc, when ds was ard 6mth+ onwards, i started giving him 2 meals solid.

something lik this:

7+am milk
10am cereal
1pm milk
4pm porridge
7pm milk
9+pm milk

Ashbaby

your baby's schedule looks okay for me..

ehh iirc, when dear son was around 6mth+ onwards, i started giving him 2 meals solid.

something lik this:

7+am milk
10am cereal
1pm milk
4pm porridge
7pm milk
9+pm milk

Seems like ur baby is drinking every 3 hourly, how much milk does he/she drinks?

apollo

Seems like your baby is drinking every 3 hourly, how much milk does he/she drinks?
tt was when he was younger. last time when he was on 3hrs interval, he drank ard 180-210ml.. as for now, he is 13mth old, having 3 solid meals and 3 milk feed (2x 180ml + 1x 240ml) =)

shiyi

my girl only drinks 150ml every 5hrs.. is that normal? her last meal will be ard 10pm and she will slps thru the night

apollo

my girl only drinks 150ml every 5hrs.. is that normal? her last meal will be around 10pm and she will slps thru the night
my nephew is also drink 150-180ml every 5hrs, also ard 4-5mth+.. my cousin said if she gives him early lik 4hrs, he cant finish..

Feliz

my girl feeding schedule are

7-8am - 180ML

11-12pm - Cereal with fruit/veg puree

3pm - 150ml-180ml milk

6pm - Full bowl of porridge

10pm - 150-180ml milk

3am- 180ml milk

n contiune...

My girl milk intake very little n sometimes she only drink 90-120ml n can last 3hrs..

Ashbaby

that was when he was younger. last time when he was on 3hrs interval, he drank around 180-210ml.. as for now, he is 13mth old, having 3 solid meals and 3 milk feed (2x 180ml + 1x 240ml) =)

Wow your son drinks a lot of milk. :Dancing_wub: My son tk 180ml but every 4 hourly. Recently PD prescribe him with lung tonic, his appetite is much better now. Just now took 180ml at 650pm, he took another 120ml at 950pm again.

apollo

Wow your son drinks a lot of milk. :Dancing_wub: My son tk 180ml but every 4 hourly. Recently pediatrician prescribe him with lung tonic, his appetite is much better now. Just now took 180ml at 650pm, he took another 120ml at 950pm again.
ehh i think i noe what's the 'lung tonic' cos tt time ds has rashes due to allergy and bad appetite and pd also gave him tt. haha! ya all the while he loves milk but for solid food, he dun really eat alot, just normal portion.. :tlaugh:

Ashbaby

ehh i think i know what's the 'lung tonic' cos that time dear son has rashes due to allergy and bad appetite and pediatrician also gave him that. haha! ya all the while he loves milk but for solid food, he dont really eat alot, just normal portion.. :tlaugh:
Tks for sharing.

snowbear

usually, it's advisable to feed only 1 meal semisolids when the child is 6mths. At 7-8 mths when bb is more adapted to eating semisolids and likes it, you can introduce 1 more semisolid meal and drop one milk feed.

By 9mths, bb shld be comfortable with 2-3 meals of semisolids.

I can't help you with milk intake as my dd latches on demand.

Ashbaby

usually, it's advisable to feed only 1 meal semisolids when the child is 6mths. At 7-8 mths when baby is more adapted to eating semisolids and likes it, you can introduce 1 more semisolid meal and drop one milk feed.

By 9mths, baby shld be comfortable with 2-3 meals of semisolids.

I can't help you with milk intake as my dear daughter latches on demand.

Tks for sharing!!! :red:

my baby is 10.5 months now...her feeding schedule is:

7am: 240ml of milk
11.30am: porridge
3.30pm: 240ml of milk
7.30pm: porridge
11.30pm: 240ml of milk

and she sleeps through the night till 7am again...

her birth weight was 3.8kg and was drinking abt 110ml already at the end of her first month, but pd say it is ok as she is considered big and he is not too worried as she is still young, but recently i wonder if the above is too much........coz she is getting too heavy for me to carry....:p

Ros0818

hi mommies...

here's my baby's schedule for 24 hrs...

11am - porridge
3pm - 150ml milk
6pm - porridge
9pm - 150ml milk
12midnite -150ml milk
6am - 150ml milk
9am - 150ml milk

wondering if she drank too much milk???
hmmmm....

moonlightmist

Hi muumies, my first post here!

Im worried about my son's food and milk intake. He is 8 months old and about 7.5 kg
cAn i have some advice please?

his feeding schedule is as follows
6 am – Latch
9.30 am – 150 ml
12.30 pm – porridge with pureed veg
4 pm – 150 ml sometimes less
6 pm – cereal with pureed fruits
8 pm – latch
12 am – latch
When he latches, i dun think he drinks a lot, prob abt 120ml? cos when i pump out both sides usually abt 160 ml only and he sometimes only take one side..
He is drinking very little maybe total abt 600ml.. how can i increase his milk intake?

Is he eating too much solid food? during his lunch and dinner, the serving size is abt a bowl of the green pigeon bowl.
TIA!

apollo

Hi muumies, my first post here!

Im worried about my son's food and milk intake. He is 8 months old and about 7.5 kg
cAn i have some advice please?

his feeding schedule is as follows
6 am – Latch
9.30 am – 150 ml
12.30 pm – porridge with pureed veg
4 pm – 150 ml sometimes less
6 pm – cereal with pureed fruits
8 pm – latch
12 am – latch
When he latches, i dont think he drinks a lot, prob about 120ml? cos when i pump out both sides usually about 160 ml only and he sometimes only take one side..
He is drinking very little maybe total about 600ml.. how can i increase his milk intake?

Is he eating too much solid food? during his lunch and dinner, the serving size is about a bowl of the green pigeon bowl.
TIA!
i think his weight and feeding amount seems alright..

7.5kg at 8mth old is not those very very small baby. my hubby's fren's daughter was only 8kilo when she was 1yo. some babies are petite in size, but it is okay.

600ml of milk for a 8mth shd be okay. cos my pd told me b4, once a baby started 2 meals solid food, daily milk intake at 5-600ml is enough for them. some babies prefer solid over milk while some vice versa.

when ds was below 1yo, he only love milk. so we give him more milk, less solid. i think for your son's case, he might prefer solid over milk. but dont wry, since he can eat a pigeon bowl of food for each meal yet still can drink up to 600ml of milk, i think is very good alrdy =)

as for how to increase the milk intake, u can consider to increase ard 30ml for 1 feed 1st and see how it goes. but if you increase the milk, intake of solid food might drop, not to wry =)

moonlightmist

Hi apollo,
thanks for your advice, i agree with you, think he prefers solids over milk..
just worried cos read that milk is still more nutritious and important for babies.. so stressed when he doesnt want to drink.. i filled up the bottle with more milk than he would take...
yah he is not those very very small but think his weight gain has slowed down a lot since six months when i started him on solids..
do you think i need to get him to eat more fruits? like feed him once more fruit puree in the morning?
TIA!

apollo

Hi apollo,
thanks for your advice, i agree with you, think he prefers solids over milk..
just worried cos read that milk is still more nutritious and important for babies.. so stressed when he doesnt want to drink.. i filled up the bottle with more milk than he would take...
yah he is not those very very small but think his weight gain has slowed down a lot since six months when i started him on solids..
do you think i need to get him to eat more fruits? like feed him once more fruit puree in the morning?
TIA!
dun wry.. usually baby's weight will slow down from 4-6mths onwards. while some only started to slow down aft 1yo..

angelwendy

My son have been drinking quite little lately... i'm quite worried... He is now 5 Months 2 Weeks Plus....:embarrassed:

His time for feed is...

8.30am ~ 90ml milk
11am ~ Rice cereal & some puree
1pm ~ 90ml milk
4pm ~ 90ml Milk
5.30pm~ Fruits Puree
6.30pm~ 90 ml milk

Then same.. will be every 3 hour 90ml milk... but this few night he will cry & wake up every 2 hours for only 30 ~ 40 ml of milk then turn his head away... :embarrassed:

He used to drink about 120 ~ 160 ML.. i don't know what the sudden change.. he sometime can't even finish 90 ML.. any mummy can advise??

xue

My son have been drinking quite little lately... i'm quite worried... He is now 5 Months 2 Weeks Plus....:embarrassed:

His time for feed is...

8.30am ~ 90ml milk
11am ~ Rice cereal & some puree
1pm ~ 90ml milk
4pm ~ 90ml Milk
5.30pm~ Fruits Puree
6.30pm~ 90 ml milk

Then same.. will be every 3 hour 90ml milk... but this few night he will cry & wake up every 2 hours for only 30 ~ 40 ml of milk then turn his head away... :embarrassed:

He used to drink about 120 ~ 160 ML.. i dont't know what the sudden change.. he sometime can't even finish 90 ML.. any mummy can advise??
The fruit puree is it those frm the shelve?? or is it homemade kind?