when can BB start drinking water?

isabelandrew

I follow the belief that bb should not drink water. my 3 mths girl girl is feeding alternate BM and FM (supply drop after i return to work). So it is like
BM
FM
BM
FM

since she is 3 months already, when can bb start to drink water??

Amulet

i give only after baby start solid coz waters are juz empty calories, and plainly fills baby up.. doesnt helps them at all de.. bm is 95% water.. but if my kid is on fm, i think i might give a tiny sip on n off ba..

SunShine07

afer 6 mth then can drink water. Drinking plain water below 6mth is not so good for the heart or lung i heard.

isabelandrew

thanks for your advice:) I gave her when she is 6 months.

What about starting solids? what do u guys give for a start and how old I can start to give?
My ger is 3mths only

SunShine07

What about starting solids? what do u guys give for a start and how old I can start to give?
My ger is 3mths only
actually some ppl says 3-4 mths can give liao, but i only start giving a little bit when 5 mths plus. I scare the immune system not very good yet and might not digest well. I ask my PD, told me to give at 6 mths better, so i listem lo.

If you wan to start weaning, you may start to give him rice cereal or brown rice cereal (which i like to give to my son) available in all NTUC or supermarket or provision shop as well.

It depends on your bb digestives system. For my son his digestive system is very good lor, so i give him brown rice cereal with Ikan bilis or chines herbal added into in it.

snowbear

My ger is 3mths only
I started when dd was 6 months. Started with rice cereal b4 proceeding to other types of cereal like barley n oatmeal. I added fruit / veg puree to e cereal to make it more nutritious aft having let bb taste e fruit puree on its own 1st.

babywaby

Hi all.
My paed says can give a bit of water if baby is on formula.
On breast milk then no water is needed.
But be careful when feeding water. Baby tends to choke.

Kaydenbaby

Try to delay in giving water because baby's kidneys are not mature enough to filter the minerals. Give water after 6 months but make sure your baby is regularly fed so that he/ she is well hydrated through checking the number of times you change diapers (6 to 8 times)