When did you start your maternity leave?

pkshl

hi mummies, when do you start your maternity leave?

my EDD is end march but now ive been taking leave on off due to backaches, breathless & mild contractions+ swollen leg. i juz wondering if i should take maternity 2 weeks leave earlier ?

shajalia

I have a colleague who had took 1 month early maternity leave.

Similar to you r condition, i think as long your company approve it should be okay.

Further more, you may have better preparation and rest.

Triquetra

Some employers also encourage their employees to start taking their maternity leave early due to productivity and safety. A friend has a colleague falling asleep randomly and suddenly during work because she isn't able to sleep well at night... kinda dangerous.

redjn

it all depend on your employer approval.

During my time, planned to take 1 week before my delivery but before I can do that my BB decide to see the world earlier... :p

most of my friend took 2 week advance unless some condition than they took 1 mth earlier.

Katemonaco

Hi there,

My EDD is late March but I took maternity leave on feb 25, which was week 36 of pregnancy. A baby is considered full term at week 37 so I wanted to be prepared as I have lots of reading to catch up on. My job also requires me to stand quite a bit so wanted to rest. I'm already starting to have mild contractions everyday and it feels like menstrual cramps.