When did your baby take his/her first step?

stonston

i'm patiently waiting for my boi to take his first step unassisted...now he can hold furniture with 1 or 2 hands n walk all over e place....hope i'll be hm to witness his first step!

sleepymama

Both my girl (now 7) and boy (15 mths) took their first steps around 14 months! Now my boy is toddling around, still pretty unstable especially cos he would DASH forward when he's too anxious to get something! :tlaugh:

my dd now can onli hold onto the table and move side ways... lol.. my mum complain say preg time i eat too mani crabs...

they buy for me to eat 1 wat...

stonston

my dd now can onli hold onto the table and move side ways... lol.. my mum complain say preg time i eat too mani crabs...

they buy for me to eat 1 wat...
i also ate alot of crabs :p
some more when gynae told me i anytime might deliver liaoz, immediately ask hb to bring me go eat crab!! then i delivered e day after i ate crab :p

my boi took his first step unassisted last nite!!!!
but....still quite some time b4 he can walk steadily....

aby

Ace started only 14.5 mo though with walker since 6mo.. He started to try only when he sees his aunty and uncle, smae age bot 1 to 2 mo older walking in front of him.. He was somehow moticated and challenged, i believe.. Heehee..
Alythea started exactly 11mo without walker..

Pple tends to say girls faster etc.. Yes, Alythea is faster in all aspect than Ace: walking, toilet training (straight to toilet seat without a child seat), talking, solid food, coloring etc.. Ace is slower yet master well n fast.. One thing Alythea lose out to her elder brother is her size.. heehee.. :nah: 2nd child faster as have a elder siblings doing stuff ma thus the 2nd child very exposed and motivated to do the same..

All milestones depends on individual child.. We parents, contimue to simulate their senses and expose them as much as possible.. :tlaugh:Enjoy parenting!

Last edited:

spottycow

Boy started to walk independently at 12mths. Gal, at 10mths. For my gal, she learn to walk b4 she can craw, she was standing independently at 9mths.

It all depends on individual child. Some kids dun walk till 16mths.

huihui

My son can stand up wif support on his own at 8mth. He did move 1 or 2 steps wif support n den lose his balance n fall back. Saw him once on my bed tt he stood up wif support, den let go his hands, n fall back within a few sec...

Now waiting for him to stand w/o support for a longer timing... Hopefully he can walk before 1yo.

justmint

:Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_wub: :Dancing_tongue::Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue:
Congrats to those mommies :red:
whose baby manage to start walking
without assisting this week!!!:red:
:Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_wub: :Dancing_tongue::Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue:

my 2nd daughter took her 1st step at 10 months... of course, its wobbly and shaky at 1st but she's a quick learner n brave too... my eldest child starts later at 1 yrs. i guess different child starts later while others much earlier...

CanCanMum

hahahha....interesting topic

my DS started his stumbling first steps at 14 months....:tlaugh:

my brother helped me took a video of it