When do babies learn how to sit & crawl?

pkshl

my boy coming 7mths this week but he still can't sit properly, still needs support.

when will baby learn how to sit without support & learn how to crawl?

apollo

ds started WANTED to be sitted when he was 5mth+, he can sit v firmly at 6mths old.. till now, though he can sit well but if something attracts me, he will try to reach and fall...

as for crawling, he has been on the 'crawling' position except tt his chest is not fully up. he has not started crawling yet, just use his sexy butt to push himself..

not to wry, let keith sit more, encourage him.. soon he will be able to sit withour support. =)

NursMama

pkshl, should be soon i guess?

coz mine started sitting without support at 7mths... now she's already crawling :wong19:.... she will be turning 8mths middle of next week :Dancing_wub: and now she's showing signs of pulling herself up (holding on to something) to stand :001_302:

meiteoh

Each baby is different and the general age recommendation is just a generic measurement. So don't worry if your baby is not hitting milestones at the "normal" time.

I started sitting Eva up around 4 mths with support - she has yet to sit without support for more than a few seconds now at 5.5 mths but is showing great desire in crawling. She moves her arms and legs like she's wadding in an empty pool! So she just ends up going 360° on the same spot instead of forwards or backwards!

Maybe you can encourage Keith to learn to sit without support by cushioning the sides with lots of pillows, and playing "catch the toy". I read that if you wave the toy in front of him and he tries to grab it by sitting up, he's learning to strengthen his torso and back muscles as well as how to balance himself.

candy_ian

my son started sitting firmly without support at close to 7 months n crawling steadily at 7 half months n he could hold on to the headboard n stand at 8 months and at 9 months he's moving few steps left n right while holding on to things.

fioncess

All baby are growing differently.. all mummies babies growing stage is jus a reference so dun rush.

andrea flip at 3 mth. flip back n forth at 4 mth.
sit n crawl at 5mth.
Now 6 mth, can pull herself up n stand. showing sign to let go n stand on herself.