When do i start buying simple toys for my son?

angelwendy

Hi all mummy.. i got this question as above.. when do we start buying simple toys for them? & when they know how to grab toys to play? my boy is 1 month 2 weeks..

diymummy

You can start with toys dangling over him and he will learn to grab it.

I had the fisher price bouncer. It has something which I can put on it and dangle some toys. That's what I did. I used up to 3mths.

I also bought a rattle he can shake.

You can visit www.babycenter.com.sg where they have suggested toys you can buy and use at the approrpiate ages.

apollo

during the 1st 2-3 mths, ash was v possesive over his crib mobile.. haha.. and ard 4mth old den i slowly intro him teether but he dun really hold them well..

ikastaatsmann

during the 1st 2-3 mths, ash was very possesive over his crib mobile.. haha.. and around 4mth old then i slowly intro him teether but he dont really hold them well..

haha..my baby also possesive over her mobile cot, she will even talk to e toys n get very excited when that thing playing wif the music.

angelwendy

Yesterday i put up the moblie on his cot... he enjoyed it... but when night time.. sometime he sleep his eyes is half close... then after he move his body while sleeping... he is wake looking @ the moblie then cannot get back to sleep.. so yesterday about 3 am i cannot tahan... i took it off...:embarrassed:

diymummy

I try not to put toys in the cot or around the cot. Cot is for sleeping, not playing. I try to differentiate play areas so that my son knows when it's time for what activity. If he's in his cot, it's time to sleep, not play.