When gyea start to check for dilation?

Hi mummies...
Till now, my gynea haven check whether i have dilated during my checkups... he only scan to check on water bag and baby only... Is it because baby not engaged so gynea no need to check for dilation??

Justina

Hi infinity,
To all mommies who had been checked (dilation) before, it will be the last thing u ever want ur gynea to check - reason simple - its painful...He is unlikely to check u until u are close to labour. Word of advise: try to relax and not resist. All the best to u and wish u best in mommyhood :)

FannieMum

Hi Infinity,

Doesnt mean that yr baby is engaged then gynae will check.

Mine was checked ard 37th week n bb not engaged.

Its not extremely painful during the check. For me its just discomfort. U have to relax.

Anyway if u assume its very painful then child birth will be even much more painful then this simple check :>

Dont think so much n jus enjoy the last few days or weeks of ur pregnancy :>

FannieMum

How come never check at all?

Yr gynae male or female? Gynae didnt ask u or inform u must check dilation?

I have been checked like 3 times..Im due 6 may n delivering at TMC.

May i ask when is ur edd n where wld u be delivering? :>

gynea only checked once which was a month ago cos due to i got discharge but after till now no check liao leh...Mine is a male gynea..he did not mention abt checking for dilation leh... My edd is 4th May and i m delivering in KKH under the Private Suite..

FannieMum

I guess if u realli wan the gynae to check dilation , then pls ask him if its ok to do it again?

My female gynae was quite skillful I didnt experience any side effects after the check.

If u don wish to check then maybe u can talk to bb n ask bb to come out real soon?

Gd luck :>

lets pray our bb come out b4 or on edd.. im jus so tired after so many mnths...

I think for KKH they don't check. I'm not too sure though but when I had my 1st princess that time, Gynae also never do any check until the day I was admitted due to painful contractions.

As for my current Gynae, he have not check yet, but he normally does it at 37 weeks.

CynCyn

I thought dilation should be check when yr in labour ? Well tt happens for both pregnancies .

LoVeS

For me so far till now havent check for dilation yet n nt too sure is it bcoz i am going for c-section tats why nv check~

stonston

My gynae check for dilation very gentle, no discomfort or pain at all :)

he checked me at 38weeks because he estimate tt i'll deliver soon :)
he use ultrasound to check first, then he saw the cervix quite thin already so he say check for dilation and i was 2cm dilated! it was a thursday and he told us he'll see us at TMC tt weekend! and he was right! waterbag burst on sat 6pm :) delivered sun morning 4am :)

Ros0818

my gynae nvr check for dilation until e day i admit to e hosp in my 39wks 5days preg.
at 1st, i was checked by e nurse der at TMC. Was so painful. cant even open my legs apart...

newbie2009

I am a 1st time mum, can I check with those mums from KKH, is it they do not practice check for dilation prior to the delivery?

mag_huiling

I am a 1st time mum, can I check with those mums from Kandang Kerbau Hospital, is it they do not practice check for dilation prior to the delivery?
for me, my gynae says, unless u have any signs like bleeding or water leaking or frequent contractions like pains, if not no need for check for dilations.

JazN

Thank you for confirming my doubts
i did not have the above symptoms as Huiling but my gynae checked when I'm about 37/38 weeks pregnant, delivery time of cos they'll check the gap of the cervix :001_302:. Its like digging your vagina but try to relax, it was not painful for me :001_302:

My gynae is from KK, private suite

mag_huiling

i did not have the above symptoms as Huiling but my gynae checked when I'm about 37/38 weeks pregnant, delivery time of cos they'll check the gap of the cervix :001_302:. Its like digging your vagina but try to relax, it was not painful for me :001_302:

My gynae is from KK, private suite
oh.. mine is not private, im a subsidied patient. mayb thats the difference...

JazN

hmm.. i don't think they should make the difference like that since they just classify as consultant/senior consultant. i think it's dependable on the gynae & you need to be proactive then since your gynae may not be expressive/talkative enuf :001_302:

oh.. mine is not private, im a subsidied patient. mayb thats the difference...