when shld i register my girl for playgroup?

jassmine

hello mummies, my girl is 13mth now.. may i know when should i register for playgroup for her?

anyone know praisekids at joo chiat there? is the preschool good?

tika

Some playgrps accept toddlers as young as 18 months. I enroled my girl into talentplus playgrp before the beginning of their new term this year, which was dec last year. She was 21 mths then.

Justina

Jasmine, I think you can wait a while more until child turn at least 20 months. Then her understanding and speech ability is more develop and can adapt better.

I remember when my girl first started at 2.5 yrs old at TalentPlus, some kids are barely 20months joined her class mid-year and the teacher a tough time handling crying kids. So i think no hurry...they have a lifetime for school :)

Your question on 'when' to register is really depends on particular centre. Alot of centre are booked 8-10months ahead. Sometimes if you're lucky, some kids are withdrawn and you can get immediate vacancy.

Last edited:

Phoebii Cheng

You need at least half a year in advance to book your girl for PG....like what Justina mummy says, if there's cancellation you might get immediate vacancy, but most book either half year to one year in advance depending on the school or centre.....

camom

I found that schools have the most no of vacancies in Dec/Jan cos that's when the entire classes of K2s graduate. If you can, try to at least book a space on the waiting list ASAP so you'll be assured of a slot.

Last edited: