when to change latex pacifiers

uddermummy

hi mummies,
I'm using NUK latex pacifiers (the yellow ones). I tried sterilising them in a steam steriliser but found that the teats became rather gummy. So now i only use hot water to soak the pacifier for a while.

Is that okay?

Also, when should I change the pacifiers? The first few times the teats turned yellowish/whitish after a few uses, i threw them away.

I don't use the pacifiers v often, only once every few days or when i take bb out in the car.

TIA!

moomoo85

Hi uddermummy,

My boy uses the NUK latex pacifiers too...a few times i took it to sterilize then found out that the teats became sticky.

(Not only the pacifiers but the NUK teats too)In the end, i just use hot water to soak awhile.

Now my sterilizer in one corner..."rotting" hahaha!

uddermummy

same here! Do you throw them away when they become sticky? I realise that they become sticky when they are soaked in water too. :(

moomoo85

i throw away once they became sticky! After i had soaked the teats in hot water, the sticky problem went off already...btw, i only soaked for about few seconds only...

mandymtb

i had the same prob... then i switch to using the silicone one.... but still dun dare to put in steriliser thou... :p

Caroltpl

hi uddermummy,

I had been using NUK latex teats for 1 month only. After she is 1 mth old i stop using and change to silicon as i found that after sterilised the teats become very sticky.

My uncle advised me to change to silicon as soon as i can because his boy refuse to change to silicon type and ended they have to change the teats every 2 weeks...but it's up to individual..for me im worried that it's harmful therefore i changed to silicon type..

uddermummy

i'll love to change to silicon teats but am worried that i'll end up with sore nipples. As it is, dd is already giving me sore nipples whenever she uses the pacifier. :(