When to start potty train?

Vonn55

My 18mths old refused to sit on potty!
He will tends to scream n cry when we tried to let him sit on it to poo..
How to train him like that???
TIA~

ast0212

When they show readiness? I started my boy at 18 months but he wasn't ready so tried again at 24 months when he understood more about going to the toilet. Such a breeze when he understood.

Alisa

my son is now 22 mths, we actually started to let him sit on potty but he don like, will cry too. he will wan to poo in his pampers then play with the potty...

Judith

My 8 month old love the potty! She poops at the same time each day so I put her there and tells her to poop there each time of the day.

cliuc

Alpha Male
I have a similar question; how do you train a 3 year old boy to pee standing instead of sitting on the potty / toilet bowl...

He is too used to doing it sitting... thanks in advance for any advise!

:err:

ling.er

I have the same problem too. My 3 year old son also use to sit on potty / toilet bowl when pee or poo.. Unless bathing that time wan to weee then he will stand.[ QUOTE=cliuc;815903]I have a similar question; how do you train a 3 year old boy to pee standing instead of sitting on the potty / toilet bowl...

He is too used to doing it sitting... thanks in advance for any advise!

:err:[/QUOTE]

xsher

My 8 month old used to poop at the same time everyday using potty since 5 month old, recently he scream and cry over it. No idea what went wrong with him now :(

christie06

i introduce the potty as early as 18 mos but she just sit but doesnt want to pee. I tried again when she was 24 mos, still dont want. I noticed that she can hold her pee for a long time and she doesnt wet her bed at night but she still refuse to use the potty. I tried again at 39 mos convinced her to use the potty when she woke up and she finally did it. From then on she pee and poop at the potty. I just remind her every 2 to 3 hrs to pee or if i see her going to a corner i ask her to pee at the potty. We always praise her and encourage her. For me it is really frustrating training my child but you must be patient and postpone it if she is not yet ready but once in while try it and talk to her abt potty. She will learn it eventually when she is ready. Every child has different phase in learning the potty.

ast0212

Ling.er my 3 year old is the same. Prefers to sit down to pee. Recently we bought a stool for him to learn to stand up and pee at the toilet. Sometimes he misses or doesn't grab hold of it on time and pee goes everywhere! So much easier when they sit down hahah

Cheri

my son is 20 months old.I am also thinking of potty training , is it too early?when and how can I train him?thanks in advance for any advise.......

Mikigoh

Didn't know potty training start so late!! My friend's child is 2 mths old n does not use diaper at night now.... But their is extreme case lol. My boy is 6mth old n will cry when he wants to poo. I'm not sure is that consider he is ready for potty training.