when will stretch marks appear

Si En

I am wondering when will stretch marks appear? I am currently 8 weeks pregnant. Do i wait for them to appear then apply or should i start applying before they appear. What are the better products in the markets? Thanks.

mytangie888

This is what I'm worried about. I'm 4 weeks pregnant and I know it's still too early to worry about stretch marks but I hope I'm prepared when it comes. I heard they start to appear when the baby is fully developed and starts to grow some hair. The hair makes it itchy that's why mummies scratch their tummies.

shanx2

Actually you should start to apply as early as possible coz when the stretch mark started to appear, is already too late. I started since i found i'm preg and whole preg put on 20+Kg, tummy stretch till very big but yet no stretch mark at all. I did not use any cream for anti-stretch mark but only olive oil. Last time my sis oso only use baby oil and no stretch mark at all also. I believe oil is gjving enuf moisture abd will help to prevent stretch mark.

Si En

Thanks for the information.appreciate it greatly. So do i just apply oil on my tummy or tummy, arms and thights area? I cant imagine people putting on 20kg. I put on 2kg and i am ald complaining about it.

marchbabe

i applied stretch mark cream diligently twice a day during my pregnancy and was happy there was no stretch marks but upon giving birth, the stretch marks appeared. sigh.

elsieyl

Dear Mummies. No worries. There is this "Gentle Baby" therapeutic and concentrated essential oil from Young Living. It is a blend of therapeutic and concentrated plant extracts consisting of Rosewood, Geranium, Palmarosa, Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Ylang Ylang, Lemon, Jasmine, Bergamot and Rose. This blend is especially designed for expectant mothers and new born babies. It is comforting, soothing and relaxing. Start using aa early as 4 weeks pregnancy to reduce stretch marks. This "gentle Baby" can be also be used for diaper and milk rashes. My friend is going for C section tomorrow and she is bringing along this "Gentle Baby Oil oil to diffuser to soothe her pain. This Post-Natal Package is available at Essential Oil Sg - Therapeutic Essential Oils Singapore, Effective Remedies for Bronchitis, Pneumonia, Hair Loss, Eczema, Flu, Fever, UTI, HFMD, Sinus, Weight Loss

shanx2

Hi mummy Si En, i only apply on tummy and never thk of applying on any parts of my body. Actually if putting too much weight, stretch mark can apply on thigh as well. Luckily this did not hapen to me. Dont be lazy and at the end of ur preg or after deliver, u will feel all ur hard work is worth it :D

CharChia

I used to apply diligently too... but stretch marks still appeared when I was about 30 weeks pregnant... started slowly amd suddenly boom... haiz... but anyway I have checked that stretch marks are genetic too... if your mum has it, the chances of u getting it is also higher... well my mum has so I guess that is y I have too...

imadad

My wife used Clarins Huile tonic during her first pregnancy ceremoniously every night. Smells good, has an aromatherapy effect. Zero stretch marks after birth.

I am wondering when will stretch marks appear? I am currently 8 weeks pregnant. Do i wait for them to appear then apply or should i start applying before they appear. What are the better products in the markets? Thanks.
Hi Si En,

I apply all kinds of lotions / moisturizers on my tummy to prevent dryness and hopefully stretchmarks back then. I was worried about having rash on my tummy which seems to happen to some friends. I was pretty happy that I see no stretchmarks. Until the last 2mths, they all surfaced!! I think 1stly due to tiredness, I kind of stop applying the lotion and the sudden increased growth of the tummy i believe is the main culprit!!

Apply consistently throughout your pregnancy but whichever the case if you do get stretchmark, embrace them as your battlescar for your darling baby! =)

mama mia

I apply Weleda Stretch Mark Massage Oil from the 5th week. It is a German product. I have read a lot of good comments about this oil and till now I am also satisfied. It has a very pleasent smell!:)

Win Won

Hi Si En,

I started applying very early like week 8-9? Can't really remember cos my belly button starts feeling itchy…maybe from the stretch. Once I apply the oil, the itch goes away.
Recently I purchased the Clarins Huile Tonic and was told to apply 3rd month onwards.

elala

I will recommend to apply on your inner thighs, butt and the tummy..cos thats where i have stretch marks after giving birth.. :( was into my last mth of pregnancy when the stretch marks started appearing..