Where should I do my confinement?

shermyn

Dear Mummies,ref. to above subject I have 2 places to do my confinement.

1) my in laws place - current place where I'm staying but w squatting toilet bowl and only solution is to use a portable toilet chair.tts one of the major cons and I'll be sleeping in room w hubby, 5 year old child and our newborn baby then. I'm worried me or newborn might disturb hubby n jie jie sleeping and oso I may not be getting sufficient rest due to caring for elder daughter after school and during weekend. Pros is that there's air con,clothes.don't have to wash myself and MIL may be able to help just a lil bit.

2) my mum's place. Pros-my mum willing to help me w 2 weeks of unpaid leave but she'll have to help clear the room n house for my confinement stay and do the washing of clothes for me n bb. I can do whatever I want at my mum's place but I'd be separated w my hubby n elder daughter for 2-3 months as I intend to only go back to in laws place till I'm comfortable to use the squatting toilet bowl. Cons is I'm afraid me or newborn will disturb my parents and sister's sleep as they have to work.

Dear mummies I'm due in early October and I need advises urgently. Please help me~

Own mum place. U can do whatever u wan and I believe yr parents and sis will understand. I don't know how is ur relationship with yr in laws and squatting toilet bowl is not really advisable if you natural birth.

apollo

Your parents' place of cos. Not only natural birth, even c-sect also not suitable to squat after birth.. Can you hub and elder daughter move back to ur parents' place with you? If there is a room all for yourself and your hub dont mind, can actually move over together for the time being. This way, both your hub and elder daughter will be close with your newborn too. =)

soapsoap

I will choose ur mum place cos u will be more comfortable, as for hubby and the elder one can ask then to come stay over on fri night then go back on sun night??

felicity

I'm currently staying w my in-laws as well but I will be doing confinement at my parents' place, hubby not coming too. I just prefer to be with my own parents (although my parents' place no aircon) because I prefer my mum's cooking and company. So u see where u prefer n feel more confortable...

Parents' place!! I oso did mine at my mum's place. I felt so much more comfortable and i got to eat healthy n yummy mummy food. My elder child also came over with me that time but for my hb, he only stayed like 2-3days every week.

It really depends on how comfortable you are. :)

Janellebb

Mum's place is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mum told me confinement period i dont have to do anything and just be a princess! Hehe.

shermyn

But my mum is working and she'll only be on leave for the first 2 weeks of my confinement, thereafter she'll return to work and she'll cook for me before she goes to work and the rest of the time,I'll be taking care of the bb myself. I'm really worried she'll be so tired,imagine the loads of clothes to wash and staying at the ground floor,she has to bring the whole clothes rack out of the house to sun.

My elder girl attends a Childcare near my in-laws place,if she comes over, my mum will have to take bus send her to school n then to work again. Hubby wise he mind the house v hot n he only has 2 off weekdays per week.

So much so I wanted to do confinement at my mum's place,but seeing her so tired and tons of things she has to do and the separation of Me from my girl n hubby,I really feel like just suffering alone and endure the discomfort of portable potty. Really envy you mummies w yOur own mum doing the confinement for u. :(

myusha

But my mum is working and she'll only be on leave for the first 2 weeks of my confinement, thereafter she'll return to work and she'll cook for me before she goes to work and the rest of the time,I'll be taking care of the bb myself. I'm really worried she'll be so tired,imagine the loads of clothes to wash and staying at the ground floor,she has to bring the whole clothes rack out of the house to sun.

My elder girl attends a Childcare near my in-laws place,if she comes over, my mum will have to take bus send her to school n then to work again. Hubby wise he mind the house v hot n he only has 2 off weekdays per week.

So much so I wanted to do confinement at my mum's place,but seeing her so tired and tons of things she has to do and the separation of Me from my girl n hubby,I really feel like just suffering alone and endure the discomfort of portable potty. Really envy you mummies w yOur own mum doing the confinement for u. :(
For the household chores, u can look for part time domestic helper. If no time to cook either u can order tingkat, or maybe ask if ur mum's neighbour can cook for u during ur confinement by paying them some money. since your elder girl goes to childaare centre, u can ask ur hubby to bring her to and back from there. Ur hubby shld be able to help u during ur confinement period

Tannie

Yap agreed, since ur girl attending child are, can ur hubby fetch her to n flo? And ask ur in law to help u take care when at home then bring her over to ur mum plc only weekend?

lyra

Don't worry about housework. Get a part time helper for $12-15 per hour. Your mom just concentrate on taking care of baby n then 2 weeks after childbirth, u'll be better n u can take care of baby. When I did confinement, I did most of the baby care although my mil helped coz I was a bit paranoid that time... Haha. It's possible to care for baby urself. Dun worry too much. Ask husband n mil to care for older child while u care for newborn.