Where to Buy dress for Dinner??

Mama_Mel

Dear all,

Anyone have lobang where to buy dress for dinner??? Now tummy big very hard to find normal dress to fit me... :shyxxx:

diymummy

I went to "The Maternity House" the last time I was pregnant. I also saw nice ones at "Egg Maternity". Both have outlets at Vivo City. "The Maternity House" has one outlet at Parkway Parade.

iwan2noe

Dear all,

Anyone have lobang where to buy dress for dinner??? Now tummy big very hard to find normal dress to fit me... :shyxxx:
U may wanna try modern maternity at united sq, #01-36?
i got my dresses there and my tummy is big considering I am in my 29th wk..

give it a try ;)

uddermummy

sometimes you can try places like this fashion and the small shops in amk hub.

They have some nice satinny types of dresses that are big enough for preggies, but can still be worn after you've delivered.

iwan2noe

sometimes you can try places like this fashion and the small shops in amk hub.

They have some nice satinny types of dresses that are big enough for preggies, but can still be worn after you've delivered.
i agree with u uddermummy! Me too got a few dresses from this fashion.
I cant wear them now, not because tight, but because stomach too big lioa, making it short =P

Honestly speaking, i feel that the shops selling maternity clothes are overly priced for some (due to the quality and designs)

They are basically the same concept (with not much variations,just different colour and fabric feel and designs) sorry no offend, but this is what i feel...

apollo

tt day i went to Forum (at orchard) and saw a shop selling nice dinner dresses specially for preg women!!! v nice.. at 1st storey, just outside the lift. if u take the lift to 1st storey, the door open u can see the shop liaoo... =)

temari

i also have a hard time finding one for my wedding dinner this saturday, all the nice dress when i wear it looks ulgy or the front is too tight..finanlly found one fitting dinner dress at tampines1 L2.it can be wear during pregnancy and after pregnancy too.

iwan2noe

Hmm, that time i was at the BHG at lot 1 at the ladies section. I saw quite a few dresses that can be worn by preggies. They are normal dresses but they are stretchable and long enuff to accomodate the growing stomach to not make it short.

u may wanna try other branches of BHG nearer to where u reside at or other major dept stalls(John little, Robinoson or Marks and Spencer) These store usually have european brands and we asian can usually wear their normal everyday clothes/dresses during pregnancy due to their big cuts and designs. Try to look out for empire dresses as they are usually fitting on the bust area and more loose at the buttom. These are the type of dresses we preggies can wear.(w/o having to buy many 'maternity' clothing which we wont wanna wear after we give birth)

Are also not as exp as compared to those bought at the maternity shops. plus can wear after give birth, so why now?

cheap and frenly to the pocket :)

Last edited:

Mama_Mel

i also have a hard time finding one for my wedding dinner this saturday, all the nice dress when i wear it looks ulgy or the front is too tight..finanlly found one fitting dinner dress at tampines1 L2.it can be wear during pregnancy and after pregnancy too.
Me too... i try many dress look ugly.. till i upset... sigh...

Wasant

That's true .....most maternity clothings looks...."ugly" leh......i saw a few nice one at Spring maternity at vivio city.....but i find maternity clothes expensive....:elvis:

kenxf_03

Recently, I just bought one dinner dress from Spring Maternity @ Suntec. I'm a big size Mummy, and the dress look just nice on me and not too tied. Maybe u'd like to give it a try??