Where to get a good maid

Jonathan

Hi,

I'm looking for a maid after the infant care centre told me that they have no free slot for my 3 month baby girl. May I know where to find a good maid? New to this maid hiring stuff. Hope to know more before hiring one to help out. Thank you in advance.

hpc

Hi,

I'm looking for a maid after the infant care centre told me that they have no free slot for my 3 month baby girl. May I know where to find a good maid? New to this maid hiring stuff. Hope to know more before hiring one to help out. Thank you in advance.
Better to get a nanny to maid,put ur name under waiting list.U can tell the nanny that is a temp. basics.Don't rely on maid,u will have more problem,unless someone is at home.

Mary Poppins

HI Worth lady, not all maid are bad. There are some that is really realiable but just make sure that you are ready to trust new member of the family.

hpc

HI Worth lady, not all maid are bad. There are some that is really realiable but just make sure that you are ready to trust new member of the family.
I don't mean to say maid are no good.If u have time to train them to ur requirement ,
then is ok,if not put baby in infant care is safer.

Ashbaby

A gd agent don't guarantee u a gd helper. U need some luck for getting a gd one. On top of tt how u manage the helper is impt. I'm a strict employer but I treat my helper well. When my helper called home she tell her mother her employer is very good. I'm very lucky first time employing, I managed to employ someone suitable for my household.

Before employing, I ask ard those who employ helper. I found something in common in those who don't have major issues with helper. They prioritize helper work n be reasonable abt the work given. They don't mirco managed n close 1 eyes on those non prioritize work.

They are gd helper. U need good luck n management skill.

Hope it help.

bluetooth

I agree a good agent doesn't guarantee a good helper. If we found a good helper, we must treasure her. A good helper is hard to come by.

Katharina

Hi, I am working at maid agency. My baby have been cared by my maid only from 8 months old. My mother in law work night shift so day time she can help me supervise my maid a bit. She is able to handle my baby now, only then I can leave my son alone in peace under her care. My son is 20 months now. So, make sure your maid can handle your baby before you leave baby alone under her care. Train her for sometimes first, every family have different lifestyles and daily routine, let your maid adapt to your family first. :)

MOoMOoo

Hi, I am working at maid agency. My baby have been cared by my maid only from 8 months old. My mother in law work night shift so day time she can help me supervise my maid a bit. She is able to handle my baby now, only then I can leave my son alone in peace under her care. My son is 20 months now. So, make sure your maid can handle your baby before you leave baby alone under her care. Train her for sometimes first, every family have different lifestyles and daily routine, let your maid adapt to your family first. :)
Hi Katharina, is your maid Indonesia or Philipino? I have a 15 mths baby and a new born will arrive in Oct. wonder which will be better.

annie2

can u pm me the rate/cost for hire a philipo maid ?

Katharina

Dear MooMOoo I am very sorry to have missed your msg as I have been busy lately. My company deals more on Indonesian maids. do drop us an email at merlinachia@gmail.com n tell me more about your requirements and I will shortlist some biodatas for your selection. Thank you very much :)

Last edited:

Katharina

Dear Annie,

So sorry to have missed your msg. Do email me at merlinachia@gmail.com if you are still looking for a maid. :)

Last edited:

Katharina

low supply of Indonesian maid

There are very few Indonesian maid biodatas at the moment due to changes in Indonesian govt policy and also Hari Raya coming.

Many of my customers still prefer to look for Indonesian maid.

I will update if there is any news :)

bluetooth

Re: low supply of Indonesian maid

Not quite true. Some Indo can and some Indo cant speak English. For my experience, Indo maid can pick up the language fast. After 1 year, they even understand Hokkien but cant speak. One of my previous helpers couldnt speak English well, but she could write on a piece of paper to express what she wanted to tell me.

Some Filipino maids cant speak English. One of my friends returned her Filipino maid after 1 week, the maid could not speak English. Another friend interviewed a new Filipino maid, and to her surprise, the maid could not speak English. I found out that those maids come from rural area cant speak English.