where to get a small oven to bake cakes?

pink_daisy

hi all,

i wld like to get a small oven to bake cakes.. where can i get one? reasonable-priced n reliable ones... tx

stonston

You can try going Carrefour/Giant to see those on offer, around $70+ can get a proper one already. Tefal has a reasonably sized one, sometimes Morries also will hv offer.

EnFlor

yup, mine a Morries from Giant, cost less than a $100 for 15L oven. Easy to use and to maintain. The one that comes with a Rottiserie may cost more.

stonston

I just bought a Morries 32L oven for my parents. $89.90. Comes with rosterie (to roast whole chicken).

pink_daisy

erm... sorry...may i know which type of oven shld i choose (conventional oven or electric oven or wat other terms..) if i wan an oven tat can bake biscuit/ cake/ pies n roast/ grill chicken? im clueless... btw, besides defrost n heating up food, wat can a microwave oven do?

camom

erm... sorry...may i know which type of oven shld i choose (conventional oven or electric oven or what other terms..) if i want an oven that can bake biscuit/ cake/ pies n roast/ grill chicken? im clueless... btw, besides defrost n heating up food, what can a microwave oven do?
Can do a lot! Can

1) steam food like egg, fish , veg
2) steam rice
3) sterilise bottles/pump accessories

meiteoh

If you get a conventional + microwave oven, it can bake as well. :)

I've been delaying on getting this because I am such a fusspot when it comes to ovens. But now, I think I'll just get according to budget. I'm too used to baking that I'm finding it hard to survive without an oven. :/

SunShine07

i just bought one tefal $129....tefal is a better brand

My sister also use tefal. Friend of mine told me other brand of oven they use to bake cake but quite dry....sis told me the same thing too....

I also looking for oven for vey long...so after long consideration, i bought tefal.

I saw on sheng siong bedok central sell one brand call toyomi ( i almost bought it) very nice design, not too big, cost only $75 promotion on $69. I find that one also not bad. :)

I think for electrical appliance is better to buy some reputable brand bah....:)

SunShine07

Oh i also go courts to check on the oven also, sometime this season they got promotions ...they got various no of ovens selling range is around $50+ onwards. :)

Last edited:

pink_daisy

i just bought one tefal $129....tefal is a better brand

My sister also use tefal. Friend of mine told me other brand of oven they use to bake cake but quite dry....sis told me the same thing too....

I also looking for oven for vey long...so after long consideration, i bought tefal.

I saw on sheng siong bedok central sell one brand call toyomi ( i almost bought it) very nice design, not too big, cost only $75 promotion on $69. I find that one also not bad. :)

I think for electrical appliance is better to buy some reputable brand bah....:)
wat kind of oven shld i get? ive been looking around..n find tat they name them electric oven, conventional oven.. some with 60min timer or 120min timer... i don noe wat impt functions to look out for...i wan to bake n roast but don wan a too big size or too small one...

meiteoh

Timer is not a big deal as you can use your cell phone as a timer. So is that dish they have for putting in water - you can just get a small ramekin dish and do the same thing for less!!!

What is more important, IMHO, are the functions - grill (upper and lower), full oven bake, roasting, etc - and the temperature.

Personally, for roasting, I prefer ovens that can hit up to 260 C because that's the temperature you need to get really good roasts, especially for red meats like lamb and beef. I also look for at least ovens that allow me to choose either top or bottom heating element (grilling) as well as full baking.

Wattage is another factor that will affect the price. Higher wattage means more power BUT it also means more electricity consumption.

Everything else is a bonus - cleaning coating and so forth. A good size oven would be around 30 L or at least able to bake a 9 inch pizza. I think anything smaller is a real waste of money whereas anything bigger is always a good thing! :D

Last edited:

SunShine07

what kind of oven shld i get? ive been looking around..n find that they name them electric oven, conventional oven.. some with 60min timer or 120min timer... i dont know what impt functions to look out for...i want to bake n roast but dont want a too big size or too small one...
Actually time is realy not a factor.....

If i am not wrong, as long as they have temperature control function, then should be able to bake cake, and check out for the ' heating tube' it should be top and bottom, usually the normal toasting oven only have it on top which is not suitable to bake cakes and too dry. It should be called electrical oven bah....not sure the name....

for tefal brand is usually 120mins, and temperature range is till 240degree....for other brand is abt 60mins and temperature is abt 180degree bah if not wrong.....

but i think unless u are a very frequent user, if not just buy a simple one like toyomi, morries, tefal (best).

I saw a few at carrefour suntec also not bad, not very big is so cheap....aikira, takada, toyomi brand like only $45only....they have many brands, check it out:tlaugh:

pink_daisy

not too long ago, i saw a morries model (MS26BOV) , 26 litre, going at $79.90 at courts. anybody using this? any feedback?

sarahwayne

Hey dear! Don’t go for small ovens. go for big electric ovens. Seriously, they are best. They will not heat up your electricity bills. Moreover, they will maintain the water in your food making it perfect to eat.