Where to go to pierce baby's ears?

tika

Firstly, I just want to make it known that I do not wish to debate on whether its right or wrong to pierce a baby's ear. :)

Secondly, for those mommies who did get their babies' ears pierced, where did you go to get it done? What was the method used and how well did your baby's ears heal?

Lastly, I also wanna know whether any mommies brought their toddlers to get their ears pierced? Did your toddler keep scratching her ears? How did you manage to get her to sit still while the piercing is done?

pink_laydee85

Hi

I bring ma 2 daughter for their ear pierced @ Banyan Clinic (Wld Mart)..My 2nd daughter get her pierced when she was 1 yr old..She was sitting down with me while the doc pierce her ear..Firstly she was shocked due to the noise of the piercing tool but she didn't cry..My another daughter pierced her ear when she was 3 mth old (if i not wrong)..She crying but after that she stop..I used some oil for her ear which the doc give..Abt 2 day already k..Both of them never scratching their ear

shirasefira

both my gerls ears was pierced wen they r just 1mth old... my mum in law did the piercing... using needle with thread.... my babies reali cry their lungs out, bt aft giving milk evrything ok... the next day, took out the thread n wore them earrings...

tika

wah..needle and thread..old school method. very brave of your girls. :)

How much does it cost at banyan clinic? :)

stonston

Go to a reputable doctor to get it done. My cousin brought her girl to her PD to get it done cos they saw the sign at the clinic that their PD does ear piercing too. I heard from her that it cost her $40+ for the earrings, including consult and medication. She said that the doc used some mild anaesthetic applied on the skin before piercing so her girl did not fidget or cry at all. Then there was alcohol drops to be applied daily after bathing and an oil to apply when turning the earrings to prevent sticking.

My niece is 4yo now and she does not realise the existence of the ear holes. She thinks she's born with it.

Feliz

One month old can pierce their ear alr?? i tot hav to wait till like mayb 6months or so.. hhmm.. will consider bringing edlycia for piercing too..

CanCanMum

all or most GP clinics does ear piercing

please pierce your girls ears as early as possible lOlzzz

why i said tat????

Becoz my mum din send me for piercing last time, so i ended up piercing my ears only at 18 years old.............so painful lOlzzzzzz and my friends all lauf at meeeeeeeeeeeeee:shyxxx:

THE SAID'S

Firstly, I just want to make it known that I do not wish to debate on whether its right or wrong to pierce a baby's ear. :)

Secondly, for those mommies who did get their babies' ears pierced, where did you go to get it done? What was the method used and how well did your baby's ears heal?

Lastly, I also wanna know whether any mommies brought their toddlers to get their ears pierced? Did your toddler keep scratching her ears? How did you manage to get her to sit still while the piercing is done?
I had my girl's ears pierced before she turned 1 month. It was done at Neptune Clinic @ Clementi by a lady doctor, Ms Masagoes .. if i wasnt wrong. Being so small that time .. my baby was calm .. Doctor made a pen mark on the ears, i chose the colour and design for the stud .. and before i knew it, it was done! My girl made only a short and faint cry. Doctor prescribed some solution (couldnt remember now!) to heal/dry the pierced area quickly.
I chose to get her ears pierced early since she was still nursing .. no allergic, no twitching, no scratching ..

tika

Do docs use gun or needles? I read on babycentre.com.sg that guns can't be sterilised.

Mama Ina

I bring my 1st child to Dr Zailan Clinic @yishun chongpang.. His wife pierce for my gal when she 1mth.. Its better to do for them early cos thEy won't really feel the pain much as their ears still soft.. Now i regret not to do the same thing for my 2nd gal.. She is 4yrs old now not yet pierce.. Maybe may go there again for her soon.. :001_302:

CanCanMum

i rem last time my doc used the earrings and directly pierced using it. So gonna buy the earring from the clinic

its a gold plated one i dddink.

NursMama

hi tika! you're staying at Bukit Panjang rite? can just go to HEALTHSPRINGS MEDICAL CLINIC at Greenridge Shopping Centre.... i pierce my 2nd gal's ears there, by Dr Soh Lea Sar when she just turned 7mths... very fast and smooth piercing i must say! :wong29: doc applied cream on her ears first... then we waited for half hour, and she called us in again.... chose her ear studs, doc marked bb's ears, gave her some toys to disract her coz she cannot sit still... and pierced bb's ears with the gun..... baby didnt cry at all!!!!! :wong19: i guessed the cream really numb her ears... gave us some kindda spirit to be applied on them... cost abt $35 for the whole thing.... baby didnt scratched her ears nor cry after a few hours.... still looks good for the next few days!

both my gals actually pierced their ears when they're 7mth... my first gal i went to goldsmith shop ~ this i WOULDN'T recommend at all! :nah: better go see the professionals... the doctors! :001_302:

(i dont wanna story abt the traumatised incident at the goldsmith shop!) :err:

tika

hi tika! you're staying at Bukit Panjang rite? can just go to HEALTHSPRINGS MEDICAL CLINIC at Greenridge Shopping Centre.... i pierce my 2nd gal's ears there, by Dr Soh Lea Sar when she just turned 7mths... very fast and smooth piercing i must say! :wong29: doc applied cream on her ears first... then we waited for half hour, and she called us in again.... chose her ear studs, doc marked baby's ears, gave her some toys to disract her coz she cannot sit still... and pierced baby's ears with the gun..... baby didnt cry at all!!!!! :wong19: i guessed the cream really numb her ears... gave us some kindda spirit to be applied on them... cost about $35 for the whole thing.... baby didnt scratched her ears nor cry after a few hours.... still looks good for the next few days!

both my gals actually pierced their ears when they're 7mth... my first gal i went to goldsmith shop ~ this i WOULDN'T recommend at all! :nah: better go see the professionals... the doctors! :001_302:

(i dont wanna story about the traumatised incident at the goldsmith shop!) :err:

oooh thanks so much for the tip. I called Princeton Clinic and the Fajar family clinic but they don't do piercings. I called Lifecare at Bangkit, they don't do either.

I'll go next week! :)

shd I pierce both my dotters' ears at the same time or is it better to do on separate days? first girl 21mths...second girl 4 mths.

NursMama

oooh thanks so much for the tip. I called Princeton Clinic and the Fajar family clinic but they dont't do piercings. I called Lifecare at Bangkit, they dont't do either.

I'll go next week! :)

should I pierce both my dotters' ears at the same time or is it better to do on separate days? first girl 21mths...second girl 4 mths.
no prob! glad to share! :001_302:

think should be able to do at the same time? if both your gals can sit still, lagi better! :Dancing_wub: bet they both wont cry like my baby too.... let us know the outcome yah! :001_302:

i also toying with the idea of piercing my girl's ears but hubby say let her do it when she grow up...if she scared then don't pierce. My mum also nvr pierce for me, i did it myself when i was 14+ thats why i thought of piercing for my girl. MIL says its better to do it when young cos they don't know what's going on and won't go and scratch + if they only take milk then won't have allergy.

tika

im not worried for my 4mth old cos she is easily distracted. But my 1 year 9mths girl might not let the doc come near her, what more touch her ears. I bet if I hold her tightly she would panic and end up struggling even more. Sigh, i shd have gotten it done when she was younger.

I too got mine pierced when I was 9 years old. And i remembered being mad at my mom for not doing it for me when i was a baby (all my friends' mommies did it while they were babies). I don't wish for my dotters to feel the same way I did last time if i don't pierce their ears now. Most husbands i believe would say let the child decide for herself when she's older (same goes for mine) cos it is THEIR ears after all. But I know too many ppl wishing they had theirs' done when they were babies instead of when older.

NursMama

im not worried for my 4mth old cos she is easily distracted. But my 1 year 9mths girl might not let the doc come near her, what more touch her ears. I bet if I hold her tightly she would panic and end up struggling even more. Sigh, i should have gotten it done when she was younger.
maybe u can let your younger babe go first... then when the elder sister saw that it's OK (coz she didnt cry) and when u 'brag' how pretty she looks with the new studs, maybe she'll volunteer herself? heeee... just my suggestion :001_302:

tika

Hello nurs mama!

just an update on my girls' ear piercing experience. :)

Got both girls' ears pierced today. went to healthsprings but did not like the ladies at the reception. I enquired on price and they said $30 not inclusive of medication. Then after registering for my baby (toddler was in school, decided to do hers half hr later), i overheard them tell one another that i'm a crazy mom to pierce my baby's ears so young. I then told them I overheard what they said and will go elsewhere where the staff doesn't label their patients/clients.

Luckily for me there's another general/aesthetics clinic next door! Haha. Its called CLEAR SPRINGS CLINIC. They charge $30 flat including medication. The reception ladies were very friendly. I asked whether my 5 mth old is too young to get her ears pierced, they said the younger the better and easier for mothers to jaga and keep clean. They even helped carry my baby when it was my toddler's turn to get her ears pierced. So on the whole it was a good experience. :)

Thanks again for telling me abt Healthsprings. If not for that I wouldn't have found ClearSprings clinic. haha. :)