Which baby cereal?

annie

anyone has any idea if those bb cereal is the same as those ground up rice/oats when we make it ourselves? im trying to make my girl some teething biskuits via recipes online but they mention to use dry infant cereal which i do not have.. i wonder if i can simply use the rice/oats n ground up into powder? is it the same? TIA

isabelandrew

Healthy Times Cereal smell really good. I ate when my bb cannot finish :p

EYS - Must cook. The 1st time I tried without cooking, it taste really awlful :(
This weekend I try to cook and taste first..

annie

my mum says brown rice is heaty. is it true? so how bout oatmeal? is it heaty as well?

potato

Hi mummies!
I have stages 2, 3 and 4 nestle baby cereals for sale. I'm selling 6 of them for only $20, pls let me know if you are interested. Thanks! :)

Nefusion

Feeding my bb "brown rice si shen powder" from eu yan seng. its tasteless, but u can add milk or fruit juice to it

isabelandrew

btw, im feeding my bb (7 mths) brown rice cereal from Healthy Times. Recently i bought barley rice cereal to let her try.

she refused to eat. i noticed that the texture is more coarse and dun taste as nice as the brown rice. is it normal?

any mummies can share w me their experience?

snowbear

btw, im feeding my baby (7 mths) brown rice cereal from Healthy Times. Recently i bought barley rice cereal to let her try.

she refused to eat. i noticed that the texture is more coarse and dont taste as nice as the brown rice. is it normal?

any mummies can share w me their experience?
I dun think it's much coarser than brown rice cereal. She may dislike the taste rather than the texture. My dd loved Healthy Times oatmeal best when she was young, followed by brown rice then barley. You can try offering it to her again and if she really dislikes it change the cereal and try barley cereal again some other time.

isabelandrew

tnx, can i mix the barley and the brown rice 2gether? maybe i spoon of the barley and 2 spoons of brown rice cereal?

btw oatmeal can b taken by 7 mths bb?

annie

yes u can mix. i do that at times too. sometimes i even mix some brown rice powder into the oatmeal cereal! lol. sounds super heaty...

u can start all these at 6mths old but dun forget the 4 day wait rule as these food contains gluten which 'might' cause intolerance to some babies. most babies are fine though.

snowbear

thanks, can i mix the barley and the brown rice 2gether? maybe i spoon of the barley and 2 spoons of brown rice cereal?

btw oatmeal can b taken by 7 mths baby?
Yes of course. :) As long as bb has tried the food before without problem you can combine different food.

Oatmeal can be taken by 7mth old baby. The packaging of Healthy Times Oatmeal Cereal states tt it's for 6mth onwards.

leefionyap

My ger just turn 7 mth. I start her on cereal when she is 6mth.

I start her on Heinz. She took it well but only for 2 weeks.

As i put her in infant care, the teacher told me that she is rejecting Heniz cereal after 2 weeks of feed. Thus they give her their in house rice cereal.
They are using nestle.

Thus i have no choice, but to buy a can of nestle to feed her at home.

But after 2 week, she start rejecting nestle rice cereal also.

Everytime, she will only eat 1 teaspoon or less.

Does any mummies have the same problem as me?

I did feed her those baby jar food, but i did not feed her together with cereal. I only feed her the baby jar food 2 tea spoon per day.

Do i really need to try out different type of cereal untill i found the correct one?

apollo

Hi Mummies my baby is 4 months old, can i start feeding him with cereal and/ or puree?
initially i also tot of feeding ds cereal when he reach 4mth old but the mummies in the forum here advised not to and wait until he is 6mth old... my mum also said better wait til he is 6mth old... i think better wait or if u really want to, mayb seek for a pd's advice?

Mummy Geeh

initially i also thought of feeding dear son cereal when he reach 4mth old but the mummies in the forum here advised not to and wait until he is 6mth old... my mum also said better wait til he is 6mth old... i think better wait or if you really want to, mayb seek for a pediatrician's advice?

Thanks Regina! I tried feeding my baby last Monday and yesterday with a rice cereal and he got irritated after a while of trying so i put him back to FM.

I read on this website (Age-by-age guide to feeding your baby | BabyCenter) that you can start introducing solid foods to babies frm 4 months old but must take note of the signs that they are ready :)

Signs of readiness for solid food
Your baby probably won't do all these things — they're just clues to watch for.
• Can hold head up
• Sits well in highchair
• Makes chewing motions
• Shows significant weight gain (birth weight has doubled)
• Shows interest in food
• Can close mouth around a spoon
• Can move food from front to back of mouth
• Can move tongue back and forth, but is losing tendency to push food out with tongue
• Seems hungry after 8 to 10 feedings of breast milk or 40 oz. of formula in a day
• Is teething

What to feed

• Breast milk or formula, PLUS
• Semi-liquid iron-fortified rice cereal, THEN
• Other grain cereals like oats or barley

How much per day

• Begin with about 1 teaspoon dry rice cereal mixed with 4 to 5 teaspoons breast milk or formula (it'll be very runny).
• Gradually thicken consistency and increase to 1 tablespoon dry cereal mixed with breast milk or formula, twice a day.Feeding tips
• If your baby won't eat the cereal on the first try, offer it again in a few days.