Which brand calcium supplement is good for pregnant women?

crystal929

Hi,

Check pre-mummy here what brand calcium supplement is recommended for preggy? i'm in 7weeks and wanna take some from being now, it's needed?

thanks!

rellako

hello crystal, my calcium tablet are prescript by my gynae when i hit my 12th week. according to him, during our first trimester, its best not to feed ourselves with too much supplement first, cos it will make our MS much worse.
just folid acid and hormones pill shld be sufficient =) once you hit your 12th or signed the package with your gynae, most likely they will give you multi-vits, calcium and DHA. =)

Rukia

I am now in my 5+mth and I have never been prescribed calcium..wonder why...maybe my gynae feels that I am quite big boned, so should have lotsa calcium to spare..haha

Actually my gynae prescribed very little supplements for me. Only Folic and Fish Oil (only to be taken if I do not eat any fish).

mummytingting

I am now in my 5+month and I have never been prescribed calcium..wonder why...maybe my gynae feels that I am quite big boned, so should have lotsa calcium to spare..haha

Actually my gynae prescribed very little supplements for me. Only Folic and Fish Oil (only to be taken if I do not eat any fish).
I think brand doesn't matter, there is many type of calcium like

Alagecal for vergatarian,
Bio Cal
Calcium Carbonate
Calcium Citrate

and also depending on the dosage , how many mg per day.

Currently I am trying this brand, Live2move Algae cal, $58 for 60 capsules, even after give birth, is better to supplement with calcium for long term.

Better check with dr.

Win Won

Hi,

Check pre-mummy here what brand calcium supplement is recommended for preggy? i'm in 7weeks and wanna take some from being now, it's needed?

thanks!

hi crystal929,
did you purchase any over the counter calcium supplement then? i'm currently having the same problem as u…dunno what brand or type to get.

Min09

Hi,

I just got positive for pregnancy and it's our 1st... when do you all start taking folic acid? I have not visit gynae yet but will be fixing 1st appointment soon (currently around 6 weeks pregnancy)... I took some sashimi as I did not realised i'm pregnant back then... now i'm worried... :'(

EliseToh

Congrats mummies-to-be! In addition to a more careful diet, my pregnant friends also take health supplements to boost their nutrients intake for their babies. They had no nausea, swollen limbs, hairfall, acne, backaches, etc. Some were still running around until their last hour before birth! Those who had conceived, have complete and healthy babies; some had thick hair, seldom fall sick, and are fast-learners. Recently, I got to know President Obama is also taking the same brand. In case you would like to find out more, feel free to PM me. Take care and see ya! :)

WKelly

hi mummies, sharing my experience. after i give birth, realize really lose a lot calcium. when i exercise, my bones will have the 'crack crack' sound and will suffer joint pain. i take calcium pills but really hard to swallow and sometimes cause constipation. then my friend introduce me to powder form calcium. after taking for some time, my bones not longer 'crack crack' and joint is not painful. the powder form is more easily absorb by the body and hence it works more effectively. i can provide more details about the calcium powder for mummies who are interested :)