Which brand of diapers?

bdaygrl

For our 1 year old we are using pampers cruisers during the day (not very high absorbancy but very lightweight) and pampers active for the night.

Any recommendations for more absorbant brands of diapers especially for night time use?

For our 1 year old we are using pampers cruisers during the day (not very high absorbancy but very lightweight) and pampers active for the night.

Any recommendations for more absorbant brands of diapers especially for night time use?
my DS tried so many brand, and momypoko is the best. :)

Spiralng

Do agreed that Mommy poko is good but there is another brand quite similar to Mommy poko and pricing is slightly cheaper. Can try Pureen premium. Only available in giant. Normally once a while, they will have offer. The diapers is able to last my son from 7pm till 9am in the morning. No leakage.

Mummy to Baby V

It depends on whether baby is light, medium, heavy or super-heavy wetter. My boy is a super heavywetter since he has been breastfeeding many time at night, until recently.

My SIL tried many brands and recommended Mamy Poko to me. My best friend also recommends it. It lasts 12 hours on their children but my boy out-pees it after 5-6 hours, even at 1-2 months old.

Since we already use modern cloth diapers in the day, we switched to cloth diapers at night. Finally no leak at night, over 12 hours! Reason: cloth diapers allow you to adjust absorbency to suit baby's output volume. Diaper is reviewed at Review: Drybees Fleece Pocket Diapers | Mummy's Reviews

During a recent vacation, we used Mamy Poko at night. To increase the absorbency, I laid a Review: Flip One-Size Disposable Inserts | Mummy's Reviews on it. For added protection, I put on a pair of fleece shorts on my boy. Fleece is water-resistant and breathable. Tada... No leak over 12 hours! :)

Do agreed that Mommy poko is good but there is another brand quite similar to Mommy poko and pricing is slightly cheaper. Can try Pureen premium. Only available in giant. Normally once a while, they will have offer. The diapers is able to last my son from 7pm till 9am in the morning. No leakage.
ya true, petpet, huggies also can stand a long the night, but my boy develop a diaper rash eventhough we change once on midnight.

bdaygrl

wow you mummies are sure experts on diapers. seems momypoko is popular. haven't tried it so will give it a go, thanks!
i think it's about finding the balance between absorbancy and thickness. some brands are so thick the skin can't breathe and that's probably what causes diaper rash?
thanks all for your advice!

liz2010

Mamy Poko is the best for night time use. As for diaper rash, it can be due to teething, no matter the diaper brand. My daughter had diaper rash when her molars grew. My son had never had diaper rash. And both of them used the same diaper brands! It all depends of the skin sensitivity as well. Each baby has a different skin sensitivity.

Last edited:

Mummy to Baby V

wow you mummies are sure experts on diapers. seems momypoko is popular. have not't tried it so will give it a go, thanks!
i think it's about finding the balance between absorbancy and thickness. some brands are so thick the skin can't breathe and that's probably what causes diaper rash?
thanks all for your advice!
Diaper rash could also occur when baby is sensitive to the additives in the diaper, such as fragrance, chlorine & bleach.

Even thin diapers could be non-breathable, due to the outermost waterproof layer.

Some babies (like my boy) certainly have very sensitive skin.

paperger85

I recommend the brand Nepia. It is very similar to Mamypoko albeit at a cheaper price. Give it a try, you will not regret it.

benkath

Alpha Male
is Pureen premium tat gd?

is Pureen premium that good?
never tried it myself but it does feel very soft to touch. i only go for pampers active though. tried mamy poko but leaked. also, i like it that pampers active is not so bulky. mamy poko is super thick even before there's any pee. my children have thunder thighs so a little hard to put on too... pampers last pretty much through the night :)

NIisme

i bought before Pureen diapers (red pack).. but that one dont seem to be good.
2hours must change diapers again for my darling Vyanne.. zzz
but is really very soft when i touch... look cheap but end up using more.. lol
now back to use petpet for my darling Vyanne.
good use for overnight as well.. =)

I was told this japan brand - baby goon is really good... they have a singapore distributor here in singapore. Can check out their website. We worked with them once, a joint workshop about kids health using meridian massage and simple techniques and the uniqueness of the diapers plus talks from other speakers. They had some sale for parents who came and they bought a whole carton. And I heard very good testimonial from them.
Diapers.com.sg Pte Ltd

Hope the above helps.

benkath

Alpha Male
I was told this japan brand - baby goon is really good... they have a singapore distributor here in singapore. Can check out their website. We worked with them once, a joint workshop about kids health using meridian massage and simple techniques and the uniqueness of the diapers plus talks from other speakers. They had some sale for parents who came and they bought a whole carton. And I heard very good testimonial from them.
Diapers.com.sg Pte Ltd

Hope the above helps.
i am using goon as well. Gmarket is cheaper. Free delivery above $40 as compare to others 200 n above then free delivery.

shopaholic

My son is using Pampers and Mamy Poko now. Bought many packets of Pampers during sale but I feel Mamy Poko is still better. I think I will let him stick to Mamy Poko after the Pampers are used up.

Amulet

so far i tried, Goon and Mamy Poko is the best.. Goon is good and worth especially if u are using size M and smaller.. but it's too expensive for size X-XXL already.. after M size, i switch to Mamy Poko already.. always wait for offer, thn i will buy 2-4 jumbo pack one shot..