Which Brand of ear thermometer is better?

Elaine010

Been using Braun Thermoscan since DS born, DS now 6 yrs old still using it. But when trying to use on DD (3mths) the ear 'hole' seem a bit too small to scan..lol.
Although is expensive, i think is good invesment, can get the temperature within sec...

Been using Braun Thermoscan since dear son born, dear son now 6 yrs old still using it. But when trying to use on dear daughter (3mths) the ear 'hole' seem a bit too small to scan..lol.
Although is expensive, i think is good invesment, can get the temperature within sec...
Now Kiddy Palace got 20% discount, hopefully Braun Thermoscan is included. Is this thermoscan accurate ? I saw one that can do forehead and ear scan (but can't remember wat brand), don't know whether accurate or not ?

Elaine010

The one i got only for ear scan only, not for forehead. I bought it from PD clinic, i think is pretty accurate cos the clinic still using it. I normally will take from both ears then chose to read the higher temperature because sometime might be not inserted properly then will give a lower reading...Since only take few sec to use, i will take a few readings but normally the temp quite consistent.

stonston

i bought a forehead one instead of ear cos it's more hygienic (the ear covers not cheap at all). and at tt time, the ear thermometer was not suitable for my boy who was a few months old.

Ting

hv been using BRAUN since pin's NB.
im cool with it cos get results very fast, n they hv memory of the previous temp, so i can monitor easier. :)

Kelly125

OH i bought the CADI T560 ear and forehead therm at 86 dollars at guardian recently. Thot it was quite convenient cos readings can be taken at an instant..they also got about 10 stored readings..I got it cos Braun would be over 100 dollars and the probe cover is expensive....this one that i bought does not need probe cover so just need to clean it with alcohol after some time....plus, it has 1 year warr....

redjn

BRAUN is the top preferred brand recommanded by pediatrician. I saw a promo in Straits Time today under Guardian Pharmacy in house brand $39.90 Digital Ear Thermometer. I am using Osim Forehead Scan Thermometer I also own another Ear Scan which I bought fm Ebay @ $25 (not bad I bought 2 pieces). attached the link in case anyone of u interested :
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Hito-Ear-Thermometer-900016_W0QQitemZ250447602710QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_216?hash=item3a4fd72416&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1240|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Last edited:

Kelly125

Ha ic...think Cadi thermometer cost more bcos it has both ear and forehead scan function and it works as a clock display as well...

guess it's GSS and there're many promos...the Cadi thermometer tt i bot is also on promo at $86 with 1 yr warr...not sure if other thermometers are on sale or not...

redjn

if i am not wrong CK Tang sell Braun at less than $100. There are also some seller on ebay selling at less than $100 incl postage. Go there to search & c if u can grab 1 there.

Triquetra

Using cadi advanced sensing clinical ear and forehead thermometer. It was $136 originally, bought it for $86 from kiddy palace.

Domique

braun. most hospital using them!

paid using cda account at kkh pharmacy.
went to see doc lar. not sure whether u can just pick up from there and use cda account or not. can try!

Frenchkitty

I work in a hospital, so I bought Terumo ear thermometer for babies (my workplace version is for adults).
I look more for reliability in the readings, than other fancy functions.
Ie. Take and retake the temp in the same ear, it's the same. Take temp in both ears, the readings should not differ by more than 0.2 degrees.

Used it since newborn and have not tried other brands so cannot comment.