Which brand of pram/stroller is good?

potato

Hi mummies,
May i know which brand of pram/stroller will you recommend which is not ex? I'm using lucky baby, it's spoilt and i'm thinking of getting the same brand but newer model? Any suggestions? My daughter is turning one. :)

apollo

ds has been using Capella S705 since birth. i dun really lik its bulky-ness and the wheels BUT i love the big basket below, can just stuff the whole diaper bag inside. =)

joeyz

Hi mummies,
May i know which brand of pram/stroller will you recommend which is not ex? I'm using lucky baby, it's spoilt and i'm thinking of getting the same brand but newer model? Any suggestions? My daughter is turning one. :)
your daughter jus going to turn one and your stroller already spoilt? How long u used it? How much u bought it? Actually if u multiply the amount of money u spend on cheaper stroller vs more pricey stroller, it is better to get a more sturdy stroller.. i think Maclaren Stroller is good. Quest & Techno XT. Can get it cheap when someone selling it off at a good deal thn off the rack price.

terasey

I am also still comparing but intend to buy only after bb ger comes in March.

A few of the good ones:
Maclaren Techno XT - 2008
[Original Price: $598, Spring Promo now $398, not sure if still on.]
Peg Perego - very sturdy & reliable. but a bit on the heavy side though. $700+
Graco - Lightweight. not sure wich model gd. Seems to be on the affordable end.
Capella - popular brand in Singapore~ think wide range bah~

So far I am only researching on the above. Maybe other mummies can help to add to the list??

apollo

I am also still comparing but intend to buy only after baby ger comes in March.

A few of the good ones:
Maclaren Techno XT - 2008
[Original Price: $598, Spring Promo now $398, not sure if still on.]
Peg Perego - very sturdy & reliable. but a bit on the heavy side though. $700+
Graco - Lightweight. not sure wich model good. Seems to be on the affordable end.
Capella - popular brand in Singapore~ think wide range bah~

So far I am only researching on the above. Maybe other mummies can help to add to the list??
other than capella, i prefer combi and maclaren.. but their basket very small, cannot put the whole diaper bag inside.. hehe..

camom

I regretted buying the Capella S705. I should have gotten the Maclaren Techno XT. Was only $20 more but DH preferred one with a stroller bar.

The capella feels like it's going to fall apart. In comparison, the Chicco umbrella stroller that I used from DD's time is still going strong and sturdy. The S705 is bulkier and more difficult to maneuver though it's supposedly 4wheel drive.

potato

Hm.. I really don't know which brand to buy? The brands you mummies mentioned are reputable ones, i like their prams/strollers, but i can't afford it. So if i have to choose, should i take capella or combi? Thanks alot. :)

terasey

i have the same prob as u. or maybe you post it as a wishlist and see if anyone can buy and give it to you for bb first month???

get some friends to chip in~? better than they buy u stuff that u dun need?

Ting

i used to use lucky baby, it was a gift from my frens. but i only used a few mths then i sold it away n bought haenim baby.
love it to bits. easy to push, open n close with one hand is fine.
n its cheap!
:D

mrsmorgan

i went to baby hyperstore n baby kingdom at kaki bukit last sun, hoping to find a wide range of strollers but was disappointed to find that baby hyperstore only has a wide range of those "ex" strollers, like quinny, maclaren, etc.. while baby kingdom on e other hand has combi, capella n lucky baby but limited models.. so hubby n i decided that maybe we shld get e combi high/low chair first frm baby kingdom but were put off by e sales staff who kept promoting those strollers on e "ex" side! when i enquired abt e cheaper models, which still cost $100+ to $200+ btw, she said, "aiyah this one all lousy la might as well get e combi one.." hey, i think combi's strollers are great too but y recommend me e $500 one when i know i can get a gd one way cheaper than that?? in e end, we dint even buy e high/low chair frm them!

anyway, that's just my own personal experience.. i hope u mummies can share wit me where to find a wide range of strollers.. thks!

diymummy

i went to baby hyperstore n baby kingdom at kaki bukit last sun, hoping to find a wide range of strollers but was disappointed to find that baby hyperstore only has a wide range of those "ex" strollers, like quinny, maclaren, etc.. while baby kingdom on e other hand has combi, capella n lucky baby but limited models.. so hubby n i decided that maybe we shld get e combi high/low chair first frm baby kingdom but were put off by e sales staff who kept promoting those strollers on e "ex" side! when i enquired about e cheaper models, which still cost $100+ to $200+ btw, she said, "aiyah this one all lousy might as well get e combi one.." hey, i think combi's strollers are great too but why recommend me e $500 one when i know i can get a good one way cheaper than that?? in e end, we dint even buy e high/low chair frm them!

anyway, that's just my own personal experience.. i hope you mummies can share wit me where to find a wide range of strollers.. thks!
That;s my experience at Baby Kingdom too. They like to recommend the ex type of strollers because they get a commission for the things that they sell. More ex = more commission.

camom

i went to baby hyperstore n baby kingdom at kaki bukit last sun, hoping to find a wide range of strollers but was disappointed to find that baby hyperstore only has a wide range of those "ex" strollers, like quinny, maclaren, etc.. while baby kingdom on e other hand has combi, capella n lucky baby but limited models.. so hubby n i decided that maybe we shld get e combi high/low chair first frm baby kingdom but were put off by e sales staff who kept promoting those strollers on e "ex" side! when i enquired about e cheaper models, which still cost $100+ to $200+ btw, she said, "aiyah this one all lousy might as well get e combi one.." hey, i think combi's strollers are great too but why recommend me e $500 one when i know i can get a good one way cheaper than that?? in e end, we dint even buy e high/low chair frm them!

anyway, that's just my own personal experience.. i hope you mummies can share wit me where to find a wide range of strollers.. thks!
What I did previously is do my own research on the internet, get recommendations from friends/forums/relatives, and shortlist a few. Robinsons/John Little used to be a good place to check out, not sure abt now though. Once I've shortlisted, I will call Baby Hyperstore/baby Kingdom to check how much the stroller I want is retailing for, before deciding if it's worth the trouble to go there. Personally, if I were to go there directly, I will not know what to buy too.

Have you tried Tom & Stefanie shops? I think they sell strollers too. How abt Kiddy Palace?

potato

I'll try robinsons and john little mummies! I'm wondering do they sell the older models of reputable brands? :) I think it's good to invest in a reputable brand of pram/stroller if i can afford it as the quality is there. Wish me luck mummies! :)

jasobias

I'll try robinsons and john little mummies! I'm wondering do they sell the older models of reputable brands? :) I think it's good to invest in a reputable brand of pram/stroller if i can afford it as the quality is there. Wish me luck mummies! :)
Actually u can also try OG at Bugis.They have a wide variety of strollers.