Which Infant Formula?

november

After breastfeeding for a mth, i used 2 tins of Mamex Gold, BB din pass motion nicely and look constipated, so now i'm using Friso Gold.

Any idea, which formula milk gives the most benefit up to toddler age?

apollo

heard tt enfalac and similac quite good...
i'm using friso also.. so far no pro.. my cousin keep ask me to change to similac cos her son had constipation when he took friso but the others suggest that since my dear son is okay to friso then just stick to it.. i think all formula is more or less the same, i mean, the impt nutrients is confirm inside alrdy. what's more impt is whether your baby suit the formula anot... :001_302:

Last edited:

november

Ya, was telling myself all formula should be more or less the same. But seems like only Mamex have "Immunifortis" for the gut.

LoVeS

actually most formula milk are about the same BUT most important which suit your kid most as in wont cause any constipation for your kid~ To me that will b the best formula~

Last edited:

sugarcookie

actually most formula milk are about the same BUT most important which suit you kid most as in wont cause any constipation for your kid~ To me that will b the best formula~
I agree with LoVeS. All FM are about the same, so it really depends whether your baby's digestion "agrees" with a particular brand of FM (i.e. whether he/she can poop easily).

My baby is taking NAN HA1. So far, so good. She poops about 3 times a day on average.

Astar

So mummies, do i switch formula now since my bb is constipated with NAN? Or, reduce the powder proportion?

sugarcookie

So mummies, do i switch formula now since my baby is constipated with NAN? Or, reduce the powder proportion?
Don't change powder proportions!!! Always follow the instructions on the tin!!!

If your baby is constipated, switch formula but don't change powder proportions!!!! You will be depriving your baby of adequate fluids and nutrition.

Astar

how old is your kid and how many days havent poo? Did you feed your kid water?
LOves, he poo everyday, but hard stools. Very heartpain to see him trying to get the poo out.

We changed from NAN to similac yesterday. Stools still hard. How long will we take to see if Similac is suitable for him?:wong19:

RRoses

dont't change powder proportions!!! Always follow the instructions on the tin!!!

If your baby is constipated, switch formula but dont't change powder proportions!!!! You will be depriving your baby of adequate fluids and nutrition.

but if my baby can only finish 120ml of milk
and he's supposed to take 150ml of milk @ two months old,
then how?

continue making 150ml and then waste the 30ml?

Ting

pin's friso gold since NB.
so far no probs on constipation, just tt FM babies need to drink more water.

norfen

I'm bf-ing my DD on n off, and give her Similac since Day 1. Now she just turned 2mths old, still on Similac. So far ok, been pooping at least once a day, if not sometimes twice. Stools- ideally soft and light brown. v.pleasing to the mummies' eyes. *lol* I feed her with water too, cos FM fed babies need to drink plain water cos heaty. 10-30ml daily.

redjn

highly recommand frisoGold is the best so far for me. my boy is on this since his birth. also recommand it to friends whom also not prob. Beside FrisoGold I also given goat's milk to my boy every once 1 week.

november

highly recommand frisoGold is the best so far for me. my boy is on this since his birth. also recommand it to friends whom also not prob. Beside FrisoGold I also given goat's milk to my boy every once 1 week.
Why do you supplement with goat's milk once a week? Any special benefits?

y goat milk only once a wk?
i gave my gal goat milk every day, nite tym give s26...
i heard s26 is v heaty, true?

redjn

why goat milk only once a wk?
i gave my gal goat milk every day, nite tym give s26...
i heard s26 is very heaty, true?
what to do.. boy don't like the taste of it. at least he is taking it once a wk now, I will slowly increase it to daily (just for night drink for his sleep)