Which Infant Formula?

november

My Baby seems to vomit out his milk nowadays...am i feeding too much? 150ml for my coming 7wks old bb. But when i give 120ml, he's still sucking when milk finishes!

apollo

My Baby seems to vomit out his milk nowadays...am i feeding too much? 150ml for my coming 7wks old baby. But when i give 120ml, he's still sucking when milk finishes!
he vomit alot ornot alot?? if he finish 120ml and didnt cry for more milk then i think dun nd feed him more... hehe..

heard that enfalac and similac quite good...
i'm using friso also.. so far no pro.. my cousin keep ask me to change to similac cos her son had constipation when he took friso but the others suggest that since my dear son is okay to friso then just stick to it.. i think all formula is more or less the same, i mean, the impt nutrients is confirm inside alrdy. what's more impt is whether your baby suit the formula anot... :001_302:

Also heard from polyclinic nurse that similac is good (nutrients most similar to breastmilk)... but is also using friso gold. Thought of changing to similac but my mum told me since baby's stool ok, no constipation & baby is gaining weight, no need to change.

Frenchkitty

I have only tried NAN and so far so good. My son is on BF most of the time and only supplement with FM at night. He's 6 weeks old now and we're still at our 2nd tin.
Reason why i chose NAN is just because at the hospital they gave him NAN and I got no experience with other brands so just chose it.

what to do.. boy dont't like the taste of it. at least he is taking it once a wk now, I will slowly increase it to daily (just for night drink for his sleep)
my gal luv the taste of it...erm me nite give her cow milk, coz goat milk very fast digest le;)

redjn

Also heard from polyclinic nurse that similac is good (nutrients most similar to breastmilk)... but is also using friso gold. Thought of changing to similac but my mum told me since baby's stool ok, no constipation & baby is gaining weight, no need to change.
I agree with yr mum, if child had no prob with the present FM intake u should should not make any changes to it. U won't know whether new FM is suitable for him & that u may have to go thro' the process of monitor if FM is ok. Just stick to FrisoGold.:wong19:

my gal luv the taste of it...erm me nite give her cow milk, coz goat milk very fast digest ;)
this is brand that my PD recommanded "karihome", I had read the review this brand is very good & well recommanded by most of the PD worldwide. Since my son is eating solid food (Rice) now milk is just a subsititue. O btw, I bought the same brand candy for my boy, surprisely he love this more than the milk. did u buy that for yr kid?

Cheyenne

I've also heard the benefit of goat milk and interested to give baby on top of his S26 (traditional brand, me also grow up on this brand).

Where can I get the goat milk ? What the brand, pls ?

redjn

I've also heard the benefit of goat milk and interested to give baby on top of his S26 (traditional brand, me also grow up on this brand).

the best & most recommanded is KARIHOME.
For your reading : karihome

LoVeS

LOves, he poo everyday, but hard stools. Very heartpain to see him trying to get the poo out.

We changed from NAN to similac yesterday. Stools still hard. How long will we take to see if Similac is suitable for him?:wong19:
did u try to press the stools to see if is hard? Bcoz sumtimes sum stools appear to be hard but actually they r not~ If he poo everything then things isnt tat bad~ My son last time can dun poo up to 6days n the stools r hard so we change from similac to friso~

LoVeS

My Baby seems to vomit out his milk nowadays...am i feeding too much? 150ml for my coming 7wks old baby. But when i give 120ml, he's still sucking when milk finishes!
It either he drink too much milk OR it could because of the air trap in his stomach tat cause him vomit~ Mayb u can burp him after half the bottle then continue feed again~

Not too much~ my daughter aso started 150ml when she is 8wks old~

november

Ya, I've reduced to 4.5 scoops to 135ml water le. He seems ok with the amount now! Not so much vomitting le.

My son will burp shortly after feeding, if he don't, no matter how i pat him, he'll just fall asleep and then if i still continue, he'll show the " pek chek " actions.

redjn

not sure if your pediatrician teaches you how to burp your kid. I do had experience of looking after children before I have my own kid. I look after my niece & nephew when they were young, I burp them fm their back by petting their back but when i had my own kid, guess what? I was scolded (sort of) by my pediatrician that that's the wrong way of doing it. He taught me to rub my boy's back up & down after feeding this way his burping will be faster & better for his airway. At 1st i dont't take his word for it but surprisingly it does works after I get the skill of doing it & it does help to burp my boy faster than before. Now even my mum is using the method. haha... not easy for my mum to accept the fact of this skill but after she tries out she sort of agree.

Last edited:

yesyes redjn, the brand is 'karihome'. it's the only brand of goat milk available...as 4 the candy, i have not buy that for my gal since she's only 2mth old:)

dear cheyneen, u can get karihome @ guardian & watson. last mth when my bro bought, guardian having disc. on the goat milk @ $20.50 if i not wrong, usual price around $25. i have switched from s26 to similac coz s26 is very heatly & even though my gal drink alot water, she still wun poo:( hehe i also grow up on s26...

redjn

yesyes redjn, the brand is 'karihome'. it's the only brand of goat milk available...as 4 the candy, i have not buy that for my gal since she's only 2mth old:)

dear cheyneen, you can get karihome @ guardian & watson. last month when my bro bought, guardian having disc. on the goat milk @ $20.50 if i not wrong, usual price around $25. i have switched from s26 to similac coz s26 is very heatly & even though my gal drink alot water, she still wun poo:( hehe i also grow up on s26...
My dear, beside Karihome, I knew there is another brand available in the market (if i remember correctly u can find them in NTUC Phamacy & Polyclinic). Beside G & W, you can also find them in Sheng Siong Supermarket.

My dear, beside Karihome, I knew there is another brand available in the market (if i remember correctly you can find them in NTUC Phamacy & Polyclinic). Beside G & W, you can also find them in Sheng Siong Supermarket.
huh really? coz be4 i gave her goat milk, i asked her bb doc 2 rec a brand, he told me 4 infant only karihome leh...hehe paiseh:)

redjn

huh really? coz be4 i gave her goat milk, i asked her baby doc 2 rec a brand, he told me 4 infant only karihome ...hehe paiseh:)
If I am not wrong all PD only know brand "K" the another brand properly new in market that's y not many people know and I happen to know b'cos they try to sell me when I was there.Frankly, I will still advise to get brand "K" :) at least is a more trusty brand lor...

If I am not wrong all pediatrician only know brand "K" the another brand properly new in market that's why not many people know and I happen to know b'cos they try to sell me when I was there.Frankly, I will still advise to get brand "K" :) at least is a more trusty brand ...
oic...yep, better 2 go 4 trusty brand:)

wuming79

I realised that karihome infant do not have DHA or AA. Is there something in karihome that replaced DHA and AA from other brands of FM?