which is more feasible, stroller or baby carrier?

chiro

dearest parents, my ds will be turning 3 months soon. need your opinion on which you prefer to use when bringing your baby out with? Stroller? Baby carrier? Or both? My son is now 5kg plus. Please also let me know which baby carrier and /or stroller you using and the features that you love and dislike about them

Last edited:

elmo493

I would prefer carrier than stroller in view of his age. Any loud noise might scare him and I don't want those considerate people to cough at his stroller direction. We won't know know when he is getting the germ

Queenbabe

I have both stroller n carrier , normally will use stroller as my ds is quite heavy for me he is gng abt 9kg at 6mths gng 7mths now even when im alone while my dh is working coz i still have my 9yrs old dd to help me wif my things n carry ds .
Sometimes i still use carrier but less if not i will carry ds wif carrier n one hand taking the stroller n take bus :)

lisa_ng

dearest parents, my ds will be turning 3 months soon. need your opinion on which you prefer to use when bringing your baby out with? Stroller? Baby carrier? Or both? My son is now 5kg plus
if you do drive stroller or pram will be good since your boy juz 3mos might not be rejecting stroller or pram.
and one thing i don't quite like to use stroller or pram coz of that have to squeeze with the crowd if go shopping and frankly i don't know how to push it up escalator so have to wait to take lift.

for myself, if i go out alone with my girl, i use a carrier.
even till now she 2yo, i still use a carrier at times when she's tired to walk and that i can't carry her with my hands for that she's 15kg.

for carrier you have to really see the weight it can hold up to and not forgetting the comfort to wear on you.

Last edited:

chiro

elmo493, can you share with me which brand of carrier you using and what you like about the features?
I would prefer carrier than stroller in view of his age. Any loud noise might scare him and I don't want those considerate people to cough at his stroller direction. We won't know know when he is getting the germ

snowbear

dearest parents, my ds will be turning 3 months soon. need your opinion on which you prefer to use when bringing your baby out with? Stroller? Baby carrier? Or both? My son is now 5kg plus
Usually i use baby carrier when i go out alone with DD coz more convenient. With pram very hard to move around so i only wait for DH to drive then bring pram. Before DD's neck was strong, i used the sling to carry her around.

serenelm

i usually use carrier when bringing baby out by myself... if dh is ard, i might use stroller but it depends too... i'll switch to stroller when he's too heavy to carry by carrier... carrier is more convenient for shopping...

chelle

I bought BOTH!
Carrier if i go out alone, stroller if i go out with my hubby! That what i plan coz my BB not born yet..hee

chiro

if you do drive stroller or pram will be good since your boy juz 3mos might not be rejecting stroller or pram.
and one thing i don't quite like to use stroller or pram coz of that have to squeeze with the crowd if go shopping and frankly i don't know how to push it up escalator so have to wait to take lift.

for myself, if i go out alone with my girl, i use a carrier.
even till now she 2yo, i still use a carrier at times when she's tired to walk and that i can't carry her with my hands for that she's 15kg.

for carrier you have to really see the weight it can hold up to and not forgetting the comfort to wear on you.
hi lisa, thanks for your feedback, may i know the brand of carrier you using and what you love and hate most about the carrier

autumn82

I bought both too. And I lob Bjorn Synergy Carrier coz the back support really good and the material is airy!!! BeSt! What I hate the most abt it is the max weight is 12kg. LOL.

lisa_ng

hi lisa, thanks for your feedback, may i know the brand of carrier you using and what you love and hate most about the carrier
i was using baby bjorn original until my girl outgrown.
this is without the back support, so tends to lean forward once baby is heavy.
and of course the max weight it can used up to which was 11 or 12kg.
else this can be the carrier i will want to use for long.

now using beco 4th gen (same design as ergo). so far so good.
it can hold up to 25kg and can carry on the front, back and side.
oni down side is the buckles. i find it more troublesome unlike bjorn wearing the baby so easily done.

btw, 4th gen is not in production anymore.
the new designs is call butterfly. my sis own one but she dun quite like it. not sure what was wrong though. she's oso a bjorn user. mayb find it too troublesome for the buckles.
the good thing is butterfly does have infant insert compare to 4th gen which doesn't.

in case u might wan to know more about beco you may wish to visit Cozy Babies
they are beco local distributor.
i shipped mine from US. hehe was cheaper at that time to buy from US.
but they don't ship to sin so have to use vpost.

Last edited:

CanCanMum

dearest parents, my ds will be turning 3 months soon. need your opinion on which you prefer to use when bringing your baby out with? Stroller? Baby carrier? Or both? My son is now 5kg plus. Please also let me know which baby carrier and /or stroller you using and the features that you love and dislike about them
prefer carrier coz u can walk around wif baby strapped to your body = secure and handsfree~~

prefer stroller so tat bb can sleep comfortably inside....but hard to manage if alone

i was carrying my boy since 4months till he has learnt to walk.....i bou a no brand baby carrier from Kiddlypalace....but no back support so beri tiring esp if baby grows till near the bearable weight of 12kg.....

Domique

With DH we use stroller as we go shopping and eating he can rest and sleep there.... when carry him can put things in the stroller too.

As for carrier, I going to buy for times I wanna bring him out alone which I had never tried before.

CynCyn

I have both but prefer stroller . Combi stroller . Light weighted and easily managable when alone .

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
I have both (& more) ... here's my 2 cents' worth.

Carriers ... I swear by the BabyBjoern (model: Original) since Seamus' days as a baby, becoz it gives me the fullest confidence that my baby is safe even if one of the 4 clip-on buckles give way. Comfort for the baby (including neck protection) & ease of use are the other plus points.

My wife prefers to use the MiM sarong though ... primary reason being she can breastfeed anytime anywhere with the sarong acting as cover too.
Although my wife is quite proficient with using this gadget, after good training from my sis who has only ever used the sarong (her kids are 7 & 5 now, respectively) ... I must qualify that not many mummies actually master the science of using this gadget ... 200% worst for the daddies, me very much included.
:embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Strollers ... I swear by the MacLaren (model: Techno XT) becoz it also gives me the fullest confidence in terms of safety, sturdiness & compactness.
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f62/pre-loved-baby-monitor-strollers-car-seat-13252/#post124539

Compared to a carrier, I think the stroller provides the following advantages:
1) proper "lie-down" posture when your little one is asleep, not to mention the airiness & the space (compared to being strapped tightly to your thorax in a carrier ... which is another point where the sarong is better than the carrier)
2) additional space to put your shopping bags ... though some may argue that you can still carry the shopping bags yourself when the baby is in the carrier, I feel that for a baby below 6 months, you will still tend to wanna put your arms around the baby

I also have another stroller ... a 5-in-1 from the US. Nothing to shout about, but this was bought to accommodate wifey & baby going out with the grandparents in grandpa's car. Oh, becoz of its rare & unique nature, this stroller certainly made more than a few heads turn.
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f62/pre-loved-baby-monitor-strollers-car-seat-13252/#post124540

Currently, I've upgraded to a Phil & Teds (model: Dash) ... primarily to accommodate housing Seamus (coming to 25 months) & Siggi (coming to 6 months) into one single stroller. Definitely heavier, but it serves exactly my purpose.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Angelvan

Sarong is the best..............mine 2mths+ is weight is ard 6kgs+.
I've been using it to my mum's place & shopping. It works at all time.

1. Baby is closer & will felt at ease during outing.
2. Baby tend to scare lesser. Exp. Bumps or any sudden shock.
3. You can check on baby anytime, anywhere. Exp. Poopoo or wet diaper etc.

I think both are equally good... I used baby carrier till she is about 9 months old. But when hubby around and in case we might be going out for long then we will bring along the stroller.

chiro

thanks everyone for your feedback, now i got better idea of what to expect when getting a carrier or stroller. My frens have advised me not to get an expensive stroller as chances are, my dh will carry our precious son and i will be pushing the stroller and shopping bags :( we will get a stroller first let him get used to it. Worried that if we introduce the carrier before the stroller, he dun wan to get on to the stroller anymore as he now will try to get attention to carry him. .

Domique

Must learn how to use lor. I buy liao also dunno how to use.

Sarong is the best..............mine 2mths+ is weight is ard 6kgs+.
I've been using it to my mum's place & shopping. It works at all time.

1. Baby is closer & will felt at ease during outing.
2. Baby tend to scare lesser. Exp. Bumps or any sudden shock.
3. You can check on baby anytime, anywhere. Exp. Poopoo or wet diaper etc.

Domique

i think below is a good buy! stroller have to be light!

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f62/combi-stroller-13278/

thanks everyone for your feedback, now i got better idea of what to expect when getting a carrier or stroller. My frens have advised me not to get an expensive stroller as chances are, my dh will carry our precious son and i will be pushing the stroller and shopping bags :( we will get a stroller first let him get used to it. Worried that if we introduce the carrier before the stroller, he dun wan to get on to the stroller anymore as he now will try to get attention to carry him. .