Which milk formula is the best?

ochklk

Hi all,

I'm new here, my son AXL (name after Guns N Roses Lead Vocalist) will be due on 27 Feb 2009, I'll be breast feeding, but my friend advised that beside bf, try to mix some milk formula, as BB may only rely on bf, but what if the milk drain out, can anyone recommend me which milk formula is good. My friend told me I also need to tell the nurse on what milk formula to feed my BB. My hubby and myself thinking of Similac...

Last edited:

kyuden21

Hi there,

I also new too, FTWM.

Currently using Mamex for my little girl, Charlotte, 3 months old. Been on formula since birth due to my severe pregnancy rashes which took me a month to recover. So, unable to BF my girl. I felt that the formula is very good because Charlotte absorbed it well. She was 2.79kg at birth and now, 5.79kg. I introduced to it by TMC nurse where my little girl was born. She given me 3 choices, Enfalex, Mamex and Similac. I asked which brand is better and she told me if I can tahan the brand, I should go for Mamex which is a better choice of the 3. So I chose.

But always bear in mind all formula are heaty regardles which brand you chose. Once chosen and your BB drank well, it is advisable not to change. Otherwise, there will be complications.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

CanCanMum

actually all FM are good products for babies.

most importantly yr baby must not be constipated due to some ingredients present in the FM. So some brands may be considered good for some but others may think otherwise. So u may need to try out a few to know which is best for yours.

my boy has been on friso since birth.

wenz

Hi,

There's no best formula milk in market as all milks are good depending on your baby.
My daughter is taking Isomil, soy based milk, due to her ezy so she cannot drink cows milk, i find soy based milk very good as it dun constipate the baby, and also if baby is having diarrhea it helps to reduce the motion. But if u like cows milk, can try enfalex and similac also... cos my cousin feeding her son enfalex and her son is as strong as those BB drinking breast milk.

Just my piece of advice.... hope it helps...

January84

it all depends on your BB on which FM he will prefer.

My son is taking ENFA products, given by TMC. And since then, he has been take the ENFA products till now. No constipation or whatever, suitable for him.

But it does not suit my nephew as he was always having constipation, so diff brands works for diff babies.

autumn82

Yes, there is actually no such things as best formula in da world. It depends on yr baby whether he/she can take it or not.

My DD has been on Enfa range since birth & still drinking now! She's growing very well. Tried changing to Friso coz cheaper, but she dun like the strong vanilla taste. So went bk to Enfa. For DS, since 3mths, he's been on Enfa too. Putting on quite well too. No constipation or diarrhoea. :)