which paediatrician is your child visiting?

pipilili

Any mummies know of good PD around Hougang/Serangoon/Paya Lebar area? Also do we have to call PD before we visit PD? How long do we have to wait when we are at clinic for PD?

Sorry I am a first time mum.

Gumi

Any mummies know of good PD around Hougang/Serangoon/Paya Lebar area? Also do we have to call PD before we visit PD? How long do we have to wait when we are at clinic for PD?

Sorry I am a first time mum.
There is 1 located at Blk 327 Hougang Ave 5 called Anthony's Baby Child Clinic.
He is another alternate PD which my son will visit when his regular is not available.
His waiting time is pretty long and they normally don't accept appointment.
He's a good PD and when my son visits him, he will kiss him on his cheek and offer him toys and biscuits.
The clinic contact no. is 62802122.
HTH.

unmeltablesweet

My boy has been seeing Dr Foo Ai LEng of Ooi Baby and Family Clinic at Yishun.

Rates are reasonable, doctor is also very patient, detail and merticulous. She is pro non-medications. She would always teach you how to handle situation and if possible, she would not want to give medications to make your child's body full of meds.

Dr Ooi is also not bad, although I prefer Dr Foo. He tends to be a little more long-winded though.

Nurses are equally freiendly.

The clinic allow payment through CDA account. Consultation is Monday - Friday. Morning and Night. Saturday Morning only. Tuesday and Thursday Afternoon got clinic. Only exceptation is Wednesday night no clinic.

Usually Monday and Friday very packed. Consultation fees are $50 - $60. Medications depend on the type of medications. There is one time my boy took 6 different types of medications, including one antibotics (as he is down with lung infections) only $90.

summertime

My boy has been seeing Dr Foo Ai LEng of Ooi Baby and Family Clinic at Yishun.

Rates are reasonable, doctor is also very patient, detail and merticulous. She is pro non-medications. She would always teach you how to handle situation and if possible, she would not want to give medications to make your child's body full of meds.

Dr Ooi is also not bad, although I prefer Dr Foo. He tends to be a little more long-winded though.

Nurses are equally freiendly.

The clinic allow payment through CDA account. Consultation is Monday - Friday. Morning and Night. Saturday Morning only. Tuesday and Thursday Afternoon got clinic. Only exceptation is Wednesday night no clinic.

Usually Monday and Friday very packed. Consultation fees are $50 - $60. Medications depend on the type of medications. There is one time my boy took 6 different types of medications, including one antibotics (as he is down with lung infections) only $90.

Bout the counter staff.. There is this staff I really piss off. The 2nd & 3rd time i go there is not "friendly" When register she is ok smile smile but when paying time I didnt hear her call my baby name only the 3rd i hear her call.. she give me a super black n piss off face.. Fine since maybe that day alot ppl see doc so understandable.. Another time I made payment I forgot to my baby bonus pin no. so key pin 3x.. Same thing super piss off face like as if i owe her $$.. I really want to scold her but i hurrying to bring my baby to Kandang Kerbau Hospital...

Well overall i think they should be not bad, i can see alot ppl going to the clinic queueing..

Last edited:

lyra

I just brought my baby to see Dr Ong EK of International child and Adolescent clinic at Mt Alvernia. He's very experienced and patient. Very happy with him.

Dr Appan in Children's Medical Centre, near Junction 8 in Bishan.
Dr Appan is a female PD and is patient plus gentle with my girl... been with her for about 2 years already.

hmmm I think it is around $40+ for consultation. My girl is done with all her vaccinations so only goes down if she is sick.. can't rememember exact price.
For queue time it's quite fast, usually about 10 mins. Each time we go they will measure ht and wt first.
At most half an hr.. during peak periods like weekends both PDs are in.

verieying

hmmm I think it is around $40+ for consultation. My girl is done with all her vaccinations so only goes down if she is sick.. can't rememember exact price.
For queue time it's quite fast, usually about 10 mins. Each time we go they will measure ht and wt first.
At most half an hr.. during peak periods like weekends both PDs are in.
thank you for the recommendation and info. on this pd! ;)

ting15

Hi Mommies!

Any gd paediatrician ard bukit panjang area? any review on Dr koo located at Bukit panjang plaza? Its pretty crowded when he is on duty.

TY!!

chiro san

My DD is following up at Mt E with Dr Ng Moi Pen. Very experienced Dr, gave us plenty of assurance n very economical to help parents save $$ : )

Eliza

Can try Dr. Lim Kwang Hsien from Kinderclinic. He will be in Mt. A every morning and on Tuesday afternoon and evening and Thursday evening he will be in Parkway East hospital. Ihave to say though clinic staffs at Mt. A not as great as clinic staffs at Parkway East. Just a note, Dr. Lim can be quite harsh sometimes as he takes welfare of the babies first. He is really concern and caring towards them. My son was hospitalized twice and he really takes great care of him and so are the nurses in Mt. A. For clinic, I would go to Parkway East but if my son need to be Hospitalise (touchwood) I would go toMt. A.

cookiez

I am very disapointed with Dr heng jt at jurong kidslink. I was waiting at the counter with my baby when I overheard the long hair clinic assistant cursing a toddler for playing the motorcar. I mean, if you think its so noisy, then dont put it in the clinic! secondly, my elder son had done his 2 MMRV already. it was clearly stated in his health booklet. and all the vaccines was done at his clinic. my MIL brought my son to do his 18th month booster. and DR heng gave him 3rd dose of MMRV! I was really angry. my son is 19th month already and its VERY CLEAR on the health booklet. how in the world can he give 3rd dose of MMRV??? the complain is still ongoing. as I do not take their, "its OK to take 3 doses, no worries." excuse.