which paediatrician is your child visiting?

huishih

Hi, anyone know good pd or gp open at night , coz my hubby only free at night. Since my eldest son attending childcare, both 2 yrs old and baby easier to get sick . Got three times Hfmd within three mths. Could you pls share, any experience pd or GP ?

Eliza

Hi mummies,

Any one seeing Dr Cheng Tai Kin? From Kinder Clinic @ Parkway East
I would suggest you wait for Dr Lim Kwang Hsien for Tuesday (afternoon and evening) and Thursday (evening) instead if permits. Not that Dr. Cheng is not good but personally, I prefer Dr. Lim. cheers!

Kary2500

I would suggest you wait for Dr Lim Kwang Hsien for Tuesday (afternoon and evening) and Thursday (evening) instead if permits. Not that Dr. Cheng is not good but personally, I prefer Dr. Lim. cheers!
Hi Eliza, have you taken your babies to dr Cheng? Just want to know what your reviews are.. Cos my gynac also chooses dr cheng..

bendi

Hi any good pad for persistent cough and runny nose that doesn't go away for around 2 months? seen doctor for few times still no recovery.

Eliza

Hi any good pad for persistent cough and runny nose that doesn't go away for around 2 months? seen doctor for few times still no recovery.
You could go to another PD. Usually if cough and runny nose does not recover by a month, the PD will usually request an X-ray to see if there is bacterial infection in the chest. If yes, either one or two antibiotics will be given. If no, they will give nebulizer which consists of pulmicort and two other medicine. Haze is around this time so, probably it's taking some time for your child to recover. It is best for young kids and elderly to stay at home at this moment. Even my 65 year old mother is taking almost a month for her runny nose and cough to recover.

bendi

The doctor could not hear any pleagm in the lungs, and the running nose is clear in colour. So he has rule out infection. He say most prob is allergy issue. My son still can eat and play well, cough not very often but seems like won't go away for quite long liao.

steven

my wife also delivered in Parkway East. Gyane is not from Parkway East. never go back to paediatrician from parkway east even thought during the stay the paediatrician popby

alleria06

I c. Are you visiting any pd? My friend suggested to just visit polyclinic for any jabs or lab tests, no need for pd. We are doing that now, just a little worried I'm missing any step, 1st child, we got no experience to refer to.

hwaa

i dont really rate ooi's clinic at all, long waiting time... not a gd experience.. maybe that time i went the female PD wasnt ard and seen the male PD who was quite old one cant remember his name. anyway i went once only and never go back again.

the PD seems clueless, i see like he keep asking to take the child's poo for lab test. a few before me i heard was asked to take the child's poo also. i dint follow up on that, rates not that cheap also.

mazda

Alpha Male
Hi everyone,

Any reviews on Dr Eugene Han from Thomson Medical Centre? My baby will be born at TMC and I heard Dr Ang has long Qs so exploring other PDs based in TMC.
Thanks!

tamerind

I wanted to share my experience with Dr. Siva at Kinderclinic. He is a pretty friendly doctor with many years of experience, however after my last visit, I made a decision not to return. After seeing paediatricians worldwide, I have a list of things I look for in a doctor and one of them thoroughness during consultation visits. I am now in the middle of a search for that in Singapore...if you know anyone, I'm open to trying.

Going back to Dr. Siva, after a $85 consultation which lasted 10 mins or less, he never found the fungal infection around my sons genital. Why? because he never took his diaper off during the consult. I didn't realize it was a consult or else I'd ask my million questions. However, after I left the office, I paid a full consult fee and my son's problem was never examined... all due to practices that are geared toward revenue and not proper child care.