which paediatrician is your child visiting?

winq

Hi cmeilim,

Thank you so much for your reply. I read through the whole of this thread but still couldnt find the answers to my question. No worries.

For tiong bahru area, I'm asking for a friend who has already given birth a couple of days back. As for east coast/siglap, I am asking for myself. Helping a friend asked at this point reminds me to get prepared earlier. Hence, I will continue to search for one that is good in the east before I am due in Sept.

Cheers.
hi, do let me know if any gd pd ard in the east coast area. cos im staying there too. tmc too far for me. thanks. :)

Sophie77

I bring my baby to Dr Ngiam Thye Eng at the Internatioal Child and Adolescent Clinic in Gleneagles (annex block) and have been satisfied until now. I saw another Dr at SBCC recently as my usual doctor was unavailable and even though she was OK, the cost was much higher there and I felt like we were more customers than patients to her....
Hope that helps

corinne22

May I know if there is really a need for newborn babies to visit pediatricians? Or can I bring my baby to my GP?

I am staying in the East (Bedok Res.), which pediatrician is recommended?

On average how much would a visit be?

Thanks for the guidance mummies! :)

apollo

to me, i feel tt it is better to bring a baby (esp during the 1st year, or maybe the 1st 6mth), to a pd if the baby is not feeling well. as for vaccinations, polyclinic and GP are fine, unless u're like me, always have doubts to clear, den bring baby to pd for vaccines also.

usually pd consultation price range from 50-80 (exclude medications). 1st visit will be more ex like 80 bucks for the consultation. =)

corinne22

to me, i feel that it is better to bring a baby (esp during the 1st year, or maybe the 1st 6mth), to a pediatrician if the baby is not feeling well. as for vaccinations, polyclinic and GP are fine, unless you're like me, always have doubts to clear, then bring baby to pediatrician for vaccines also.

usually pediatrician consultation price range from 50-80 (exclude medications). 1st visit will be more ex like 80 bucks for the consultation. =)
Thanks apollo! My husband feels the same too.

redjn

My PD history :

• My best PD starts Dr Ho Chin Seng - Australia Clinic. Address 225 Up Thomson Rd, TEL : 64521205.my boy had been seeing him since his birth all injected done there too.

• Now my boy is seeing Dr Yvonne See - Dr Yvonne's Clinic for Children & Babies. address : 41 Sunset Way #01-07 (Tel:6463 5001) this clinic is best to call & made early appt if not waiting time can time easily more than 1 hr.

• Also you can try Dr. Terence Tan Hwa Kim. address : MOUNT ALVERNIA,820 THOMSON ROAD, BLK A #06-03/04 (TEL : 6478 5925) waiting time also quite long so better call 1st b4 u go.

jynnsan

Dr Teo from Babybear
Blk 842, he is always confidence and quite accurate

Dr Angelin's Tan Baby Clinic @ Woodlands, Walking dist from MArsiling MRT

corinne22

Currently I am bringing my baby to Dr Ong from Aglow (Novena) and my baby was delivered in Thomson.

However, I would like to check with all mummies who are bringing their babies to a paediatrician in KK hospital.

My reason of asking is because being referred by doctors who are not from KK or polyclinics, medicial bills will be hefty.

Coming week, I will have to bring baby to KK for a heart scan because Dr Ong says she has heart murmur - second noise / sounds from the heart...

I am afraid the medicial bill will be expensive because we will be considered as a private patient.

corinne22

go polyclinic and get refer letter, i heard can reduce
Thanks Steven but I was thinking of changing paediatrician to a KK doctor. Does this helps when referring to KK hospital for any treatments? Any recommendation in KK's baby doctor for review and injections?

steven

it depend on what yr purpose of seeing paediatrician.

for me when my gal sick, i just bring her see downstairs GP

gnaf21

How do you find dr lucky from Kidslink jurong east?
I read reviews saying he is very detailed etc but all 3 times I went and I ask him for advice. He gives me one word reply. Quite disappointed. Need to wait for quite long also.

Maybe he bad mood but all 3 times also bad mood?

I think I am better off going polyclinic for vaccines. At first go PD in the hope that I pay more, he will answer my doubts. :(

summerkisses

Hi mummies, anybody got any idea where Dr Koh Poh Kian from SBCC AMK is practicing now? I just called up the clinic and realized that he is no longer there. I've never been to him before but saw alot of raves about him so decided to bring my boy to see him cos he had been sick for a week despite GP's medication.

Or any other good paediatrician around Ang Mo Kio/ Hougang area to recommend?

apollo

Hi mummies, anybody got any idea where Dr Koh Poh Kian from SBCC AMK is practicing now? I just called up the clinic and realized that he is no longer there. I've never been to him before but saw alot of raves about him so decided to bring my boy to see him cos he had been sick for a week despite GP's medication.

Or any other good paediatrician around Ang Mo Kio/ Hougang area to recommend?
Dr Koh is currently under ICAC Mt A. but i dunno which day he will be there. u can try to call and ask. if he is not ard, u also can let ur son see Dr EK Ong (same clinic), he is very good too. here is the no: 62555239 =)

Thanks Steven but I was thinking of changing paediatrician to a KK doctor. Does this helps when referring to KK hospital for any treatments? Any recommendation in KK's baby doctor for review and injections?
If you have preference/request for KKH paediatrician, you won't have any subsidy even if u have referral letter from polyclinic.
My babe has been seeing Dr Frances Chia at the children private clinic from birth and we are very comfortable with her approach of minimising the use of medication. Vaccinations are done by nurses in KKH, not the doctor. Consultation is $80 gor walk-in visitations and $55 if appointments r booked in advanced. First time consultation $80.

Last edited:

Pinkliciouz

My son is visiting Dr Rhonda Watts from Maternity & Gynaecological Clinic at Mt A. Out of so many PDs that we seen, felt that she was the best among the lot because she really care about my son's well-being.

Like when I told her my son's appetite not too good, she did a follow-up a week after our consultation to check on his appetite. After his injection, she will call the next day to check if he got a fever. When she knows that he is teething, she called the day after the consultation and a week after that to check whether he's feeding well or running any fever. She has got this personal touch which my hubby and I am very comfortable with. Been recommending to all our friends ever since.

Geri Tang

heart murmur is a hole in the heart where causes irrugular blood flood in the heart.
in this case one side of the heart might have to work harder.

smaller holes will seal up by itself usually.
but bigger ones will have to operate i suppose.

it's not very serious as i was told most grew up normally not knowing that they have murmur.

i remember that one with murmur have to let the dentist know when they visit dental but not sure what's the reason behind.
Hi,

I had murmur when I was borned. my mom feed me with fresh goat milk & slowly the hole in the heart was healed. It was true when I need to extract my tooth, I was hospitalized for 3 days & in GA during the whole process .. but also not sure y.

BigTums

Hi there, has anyone seen Dr Kenny Ee or Dr Siva at Kinderclinic @ Paragon recently? Any thoughts on these two docs? Thanks!